Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

Like I said,Excellent.I really like the pinstriping work also.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

enjenjo

Loaded the Buick up on my trailer, took it up to the car wash, and cleaned the engine bay. It's back home, on stands, and I am getting it ready to paint.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

reborn55

Started off with getting the wrong side shock mount plate for the ragtop-had a nice talk with the supplier, so I replaced the shock on the left side, seamed sealed some stuff under the car, ran new ground cable from battery in the trunk to the frame(PO had grounded it to the trunk floor).  Started the 55 up and let it run for awhile(if the * ragtop ever gets right I will enjoy the 55 again).  Did a couple of honey do things and that is it.  Next weekend it is up to Gateway for O'Reilly Nationals--got tickets as a birthday present for the wife.  Should enjoy it.

enjenjo

QuoteShould enjoy it.

She should enjoy it, or you should enjoy it? :roll:

reborn55

I will enjoy it, but she loves racing.  Last year at Good Guys Indy-we pulled into the Tri-five corral and I bcked the 55 up to the fence by the track, popped the trunk, got the lawn chairs out and she watched them race all day while I walked, met Ugly Olds and shopped a little bit.  It is our first time at a NHRA event, so I am sure it will be memorable.

enjenjo

My wife used to race our car. She started out in the powder puffs, but pretty soon we were just doing a double entry in the regular brackets. She could beat my times. :roll:

reborn55

My wife would love to race----that is why I always drive whenever we go somewhere. :lol:

phat rat

Well I'm snowbound in Chadron Ne. Tried to get out of town this morning but couldn't. The roads are closed in all directions so I'm sitting here in a Best Western for the duration of the storm. They are saying it'll be in the 50's tomorrow so I should be able to leave then. So far it's been a pretty successful trip. I have a 25 roadster, 52 COE, 48-52 cab, 34 cab all are Fords, plus various small parts.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Grandadeo

Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

EMSjunkie

I finally got the rear springs for the C-cab, hopefully there will be some serious fabricatin' goin' on :idea:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Scrapping a truck this weekend. One that Fatcat got for parts. Hopefully it will be loaded up and ready for the scrap yard sunday.

reborn55

looks like an easy weekend for me--headed to Gateway tomorrow for O'Reilly National time trials.  Streetrod on hold due to wonderul customer service.  Ordered a 67 Camaro shock plate for ragtop.  Spent 20 minutes on the phone explaining to the Camaro parts house that I needed a l/h 67 rear mount.  only year used.  as I was using it on th right side.  Sent me a right one--won't work.  Called and after another 10 minutes of explaining what I needed said send back and will send the right one.  only problem is this place has nice website but has another place dropship to my house.  This place is only 300 miles away--figure a couple of days--well part didn't get shipped til today after i raised holy hell.  Supposed to be a new parts guy.  Don't know who is to blame but I am *.  Car has been on jacks stands for 2 weeks.  Oh well Sunday I will work on a coupel of cars and get some spending cash.  Got 2 weeks to get ca down for Arkansas run.

GPster

The Jeepster body was 1 1/4" too far foreward on the frame. I reset the body and rolled it back outside to check it. Looked better so I "nailed it". It's nut-serted to the frame at the firewall and the  floor crossmember at the front edge of the rear fenders. Now that it's square I'll engineer some more mounting places. Maybe I'll drag the hood and front fenders out of the rafters and place them to see about sliding the engine back. If I could come up with radiator different than the stock (S15) crossflow I could gain about 6" of room in the front. If I could keep my mind on what I'm working on rather than seeing what might be a problem somewhere else and trying to figure out a fix I'd be better off. Of course if I'd sell some of the extra pieces rather than planning a project I could use them on that might help too. GPster

chimp koose

I`m going to  haul my boat home and paint it.Then I`m going to  sell it. I used to think that  I spent a lot of time on my dragster for all the time I actually used it......Then I got a boat!

enjenjo

Two best days in a boaters life, the day he buys it, and the day he sells it.