2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I spotted some rear wheel weights for my JD X738 tractor yesterday on MP. Texted her before 8am that I WOULD TAKE THEM for the $75 she was asking.  Texted again 30 minutes later in case the first one didn't go through.  We decided to take a chance and traveled the 85 miles (10 miles past her town) and do some shopping and kicking around. Texted her again after lunch, saying I wanted them and would like to pick them up on the way home. Crickets.  Finally at 2:30 I get a text with the phone number.  Don't know when she sent it as it wasn't time stamped. Called the # right away and got voice mail, so left my #. Couple minutes later, the guy calls me and says he never got a response from me so he sold them. Gee, thanks guy. I wait hours to hear from you, and you can't wait less than an hour for me? I'll keep looking.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Quote from: kb426 on December 15, 2021, 09:10:32 AM
I drove the F16 to coffee this morning. When I walked out to the parking lot I was smiling so I think it looks good sitting there even without paint and body work.

THAT ^^^^ is what its all about.  :)

My junk was in all available lacquer primer colors plus gold on the first PT and blue ColorBuild primer the next. All that shiny stuff is just rot prevention.
Matt

idrivejunk

Today a coworker vandalized my car. I cannot deal with that. If I go in, I'll land in jail. Dammit! :(

It knows no boundaries.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Decades ago: late 1970s.. a co-worker damaged my 1969 Camaro paint and he did not understand why I was upset.. He sat in his car at lunch with the car door open & resting against the door side of my Camaro. That carved off a 1.5 wide square of paint down to the metal. I caught him in the act as I was leaving work

Odd tho: weeks later he started having random tire problems. Low pressure multiple times, with no problem found at the tire store.  Hole in sidewall of a tire that required a new tire. That happened over a period of months...  Weird I say.

;D
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: Crosley on December 17, 2021, 07:50:37 AM
Decades ago: late 1970s.. a co-worker damaged my 1969 Camaro paint and he did not understand why I was upset.. He sat in his car at lunch with the car door open & resting against the door side of my Camaro. That carved off a 1.5 wide square of paint down to the metal. I caught him in the act as I was leaving work

Odd tho: weeks later he started having random tire problems. Low pressure multiple times, with no problem found at the tire store.  Hole in sidewall of a tire that required a new tire. That happened over a period of months...  Weird I say.

;D

The guy who did the mud work on the A generated four or five flat tires for me. The guy who painted the A is starting to be spoken to again after long silence from two incidents of thoughtless disrespect.

The responsible party for this thing (currently working on the A) contacted me to apologize this morning. Standing down from justified rage is not my specialty. I still have the gut knot and anger. It makes me sick. This was a setback in my healing. I had just finished Christmas shopping and as I approached the car with heart full of joy, it went to rage within five steps. I took out a lock bladeand scraped away the offense right there on the spot. Didn't get much sleep last night.

Again I sit on edge of bed, head in hands, praying why does my life have to be this way? Fudge. I was doing great. :)
Matt

58 Yeoman

Sorry to hear that, Matt. I can't figure out why people do that.

In 1976, my wife and I had ordered a new Aspen wagon, which was fully loaded and cost $6500. A lot of money at that time.  We stopped at an electronic store in a nearby town, and my wife stayed in the car. Pretty soon, she comes into the store and said that a guy parked his Caddy next to our car, opened his door and hit our car with a loud thump. (Angler parking).  I went outside and looked to see a section of the wood grain vinyl on the side scraped off. I kicked in the bottom of his driver door and went back inside. My wife sat in the car. When I came out, she said the guy came out of the restaurant that he had gone into, looked at his door, and went back inside.

Phil

idrivejunk

Before clocking in today I told the two involved a similar story from when I was half my age that resulted in violence and injury. Then I said Merry Christmas. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

I spent 2 partial days swapping out the starter in the Honda Civic 2013 car for the wife... What a big PITA that was. Very tight space. You cant see what you are doing for some of it.

The starter is on the car.  Will see if the problem disappears?  The OEM starter decided to not respond to key activation at times. Often it took 5 flips of the key to start the car.

Neutral switch, battery and other items checked fine. So the starter was replaced.  8 yr old car, 114k miles on it.  It was suggested to me that intake removal was needed to make the job easier.  I declined removing the intake.  8)
Tony

58 Yeoman

I don't remember which car it was, but I read where one car had its starter under the intake (V8).

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on December 17, 2021, 06:48:14 PM
I don't remember which car it was, but I read where one car had its starter under the intake (V8).

Caddy Northstar engine starter is under the intake.
Tony

58 Yeoman

Caddy Northstar engine starter is under the intake.

Remember when Caddy's were big, and had a lot of room. No room under the hood for a starter, except inside the engine. Ugh!

Today, I sold the tires that I had on the Galaxie. They had less than 500 miles on them, but seems like 14" tires have fallen out of favor for the 17's and above. I had them on ebay for $400, local pick up. A guy from AL sent me three emails saying he just had to have them, would I ship if he paid for it? Yes.  After all is said and done, I cleared about $345, after ebays 10.7% fees and a glitch at FedEx.  Anyway, I had offered them to one guy for $350, and now they're gone.

Phil

kb426

I spent a couple of hours looming wiring under the hood of the F16 yesterday. I'm not satisfied with the power feeds yet but I need a better idea before changing anything.
TEAM SMART

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: kb426 on December 18, 2021, 03:07:53 PM
Some of you might remember a discussion about using a Stude bed of the F16. I ran across this today: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1956-ford-f-100-27/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-12-18

I have one setting here doing nothing. I was going to use it on a 53 Chevy truck, but someone offered me way too much for it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: kb426 on December 18, 2021, 03:07:53 PM
Some of you might remember a discussion about using a Stude bed of the F16. I ran across this today: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1956-ford-f-100-27/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-12-18

Ack! The Stude bed might be a great thing but.... :o

I been doing coloring book pages for Mom to put up on the fridge. Oops but its stainless so no magnets. Kid stuff, right up my alley. :)
Matt