2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I spent a lot of the day learning about Microsoft video editor trying to make a project video for the F16. My eyeballs are crying for mercy. I restarted 3 times. Each time I found an easier way to accomplish the goal. I'm still a ways off but I think I'm gaining. :) I used photo story in the past. It was obsolete about 10 years ago. :) Video editor is 2 versions newer. Maybe tomorrow I can remember what I did today. LOL.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

The Winter Soultusk happens today ?  Shortest daylight hours of the year? 

Kinda relaxed over the recent weekend, very few projects saw activity.   Watched the ol Blues Brothers movie again. I had forgotten how many large name people were in that movie.  It was nice to see some basic ol slapstick comedy for a change.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

So I finally have a chance to check in here. I would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays! :D I have been covered up here. The wife had another setback a week after Thanksgiving and is in a rehab facility at this time. She seems to be improving daily and we are keeping our fingers crossed in hopes of them helping her get to be more self sufficient. I can say that her attitude is great and as we all know that is a big part of the recovery process.
So gang enjoy!!!!!! :)
I'll check back when I can!
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 348tripower on December 21, 2021, 08:39:20 AM
So I finally have a chance to check in here. I would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays! :D I have been covered up here. The wife had another setback a week after Thanksgiving and is in a rehab facility at this time. She seems to be improving daily and we are keeping our fingers crossed in hopes of them helping her get to be more self sufficient. I can say that her attitude is great and as we all know that is a big part of the recovery process.
So gang enjoy!!!!!! :)
I'll check back when I can!

We hope things go well for her and you Don..

:D
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Weather guessers here said there would be rain starting thursday night..  by golly it is raining.  It has rained for hours here. I woke up around 2:30am , it was raining then. Its 8:30am now, still raining.

:o
Tony

123pugsy

Tony, you must live in a nice place if 6 hours of rain is unusual.

idrivejunk

It might be more likely to rain sand and scorpions there.

AH. Just went for a spin in the sanity preservation machine. Boy howdy. :)

Had any luck with the video thing, Bill?

Merry Christmas guys. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Forgot the best part... while I was Grape-ing along through the shallow valley of sanity preservation today somebody had three horses out by the fence. One of them heard the 455 and looked. Never seen markings like on that one, it was tan and white but the white was like one big random area. It could sense oncoming Pontiaction so must be a noble critter.

Then theres a couple open stretches where yards are more like thousand by thousand yards. Some cat with a nice matching shop building picked up a rough looking complete 48 Ford pickup during the last year and I've observed it parked outside sometimes, going through the stages.

Pretty as you please, bright red and shiny today and sitting out by the road with overgrown presents overfilling the bed. :) Kudos.

These things gave me the idea to play a chorus or two of jingle bells on the torque converter. Blipping glasspacks rolling along about 35 mph. I caught a big enjoy offa that. Did it just in case anyone around might hear and get it. :lol:

Ran up to the closest gas station for a slice of snack just now. Heard some buzz bomb ruckus outside while waiting to pay. Leaving, what car did I see in the last parking spot with bondo hunks bigger than mine falling off?

The turbo integra. (insert dramatic TV music riff for impending peril here) ???

I pulled her leash tight and made her heel but Grape barked second at her ex-antagonist as a parting shot. GR-RRR said she but I assured her the encounter was random and putted home in peace. On earth. :)
Matt

kb426

Matt, I did a brief project video that I wasn't satisfied with. I had difficulties trying to sync the music to the video. I sent a link to some people that didn't know what I spent the last 6 months on. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

A friend just told me that heap got wrecked. Hmm. I ain't did nothin!

Was gifted a minty tall skinny metal 8oz can of STP gas treatment. It has no pop top. Anybody know how old that is? I came away from a search thinking its older than me.
Matt

416Ford

No help from me Matt.
I learned a new way to fill holes yesterday. Riviet and pound in the molding hardware and braze in place.  :-\ :twisted:
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Dave, isn't exploratory an interesting expedition? :)
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Quote from: kb426 on December 27, 2021, 08:50:26 AM
Dave, isn't exploratory an interesting expedition? :)
NO
I popped all the dent and hole out so I can weld them, grind them and dolly them back to a close resemblance of original.
Trying to determine whether to weld from the inside or outside.....
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I admire them wheels. ;)

If those are little screw holes you might try putting a pull stud head in them if you have a gun. Got that idea recently, ain't tried it. A guy could run a screw in and chop it off flush too, and finish with a MIG dot. Just thoughts. Weld it from inside, it'll be more contaminated and likely to blow open and or become an outie. I'd pick outside.

OK... the filter wouldn't allow dam yesterday, today it filters out s crew. Heil the cuss filter! ??? Thats ridiculous. :lol:
Matt