2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochie

I have an app that allows me to control my hearing aids, volume, noise and filtration, etc.  The best part of the app is that I can narrow the field of hearing, if you will. It's like taking your peripheral eyesight away.  Works great in a setting like a restaurant or bar where there's all the background noise. You can zero in on the single person in front of you and pretty much cancel all the other stuff.

58 Yeoman

Cool, I hope my new ones do that.  Are yours behind your ears?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

So far the new hearing aids are amazing, but I have not worked in the shop today.  Tomorrow we will see how that goes.  They are suppose to self adjust to loudness if I am using something that makes a lot of noise.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Glad to hear (no pun) they're working for you. If you have the ones behind the ear, careful when you're on your back. Mine tend to want to fall off.

I went to the VA today to have them fix my newest ones.  I told the tech that everyone sounded drunk. She found the left side wire almost broken off, and reset the to the last settings before the doc changed them. Much better, but I'm excited to get my new ones and see how they work.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Dad could participate in that discussion. I gather it is an imperfect science but is improving as technology advances.

Met my next task today in the form of an 89 300ZX Fairlady Twin Turbo in like-new condition hit on the gas flap and with junky '89 junk salvage parts to use. I can probably fix all. Thats all I know yet. Adjusted F1 hood mostly today. It was an anti-Matt-er from start to finish. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Pearl Harbor December 7th , 1941 ....  Never forget.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

I won't, anymore than I'll forget Grandpa being drafted at age 30 to work in the Manhattan Project. Theres not a day for that. Perfect day to spend fussing over a japanese machine though eh. Yeah, naw.

+me. Remember Pearl Harbor and the rest. :blank:
Matt

idrivejunk

Before the war, he was at a Ford dealer rebuilding batteries, vulcanizing tires and claimed to know all Model T part #s by heart. Four digits. Told me paint was a 3 part kit... lamp black, pine tar, and pumice.

Dad set up the train today.  :)
Matt

kb426

^^^^^
A different tint in the primer sure would have changed the look. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

From what I understand the body was rubbed down with pumice stone to etch it then brush coated with kerosene before the paint was brushed on . the kerosene thinned the paint as it was applied to help it flow out and remove the brush strokes . Carriage painters from england were the first mployed to paint the first years of the t.

idrivejunk

I can't decide whether I like light or dark grille. Lighter than body is expected but darker has visual punch potential. Light grey primer or Wimbledon perhaps would be good on the grille. I was just fiddlefarting around because the alive 5 gear truck vids stoked me up. :) There wasn't time to do anything proper but I wanted a look. Had pencils out first. ;)

Grandpa said you mixed the black and tar, put it on and used the pumice after so it wouldn't snag the wife's Sunday dress.

OK I added the dress part. And Grandpa was just the parts man... and this was a refinish kit spoken of, so...  :)  Could be yeah, the pumice was for prep and polish. LOL  :lol: 3M sure elaborated on that, didn't they? Is this prep paste or Trizact? Yes.  ;D
Matt

idrivejunk

Well, I'll be... today I learned about Operation Downfall. Don't know how truthful this is or if you can stand the guy talking, but I've watched and read plenty, never heard of it. Seems it was the plan B to the plan A project I mentioned earlier this week. I found it interesting and timely and will no doubt look for a documentary on it for other viewpoints. Just a random IDJ tangent share, I'm a little bit of a wooden stock box mag era history / technology enthusiast but not a veteran. You guys may know more about it or be like me and not at all.

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

At my brothers house again... Wednesday we took his small trailer with various debris to a trash transfer station. The trailer is small : 4 foot wide , about  6 long bed area. Side boards were old , rotted.. So I took my Milwaukee 18v Hacksaw along and cut the bed wood off after we unloaded it. 

I started fitting new wood on the trailer. Raising the sides about 6 inches as my brother wants. He bought the wood for this project about 6 months ago.  So the wood is already a bit weathered and  some curves in the wood too.  :P
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I got started cleaning up the shop after moving the F16 to the shed. I have about 2/3's completed. I am moving everything from the walls and sweeping or vacuuming up the debris. One of the goals of the F16 was to not have much material left over. I have enough 3/4" tubing to build a bed cover and what you see in the pic is what's left.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I finished cleaning up the shop. I found the speaker wire that I knew was somewhere but couldn't find, causing the purchase of new wire for the F16. :) Yesterday afternoon, I pulled the 1800 watt generator that I used on the race car trailer from slumber. I believe that 1996 was the last time it was started. I had drained all of the fuel from it back then. I put a little fuel in it and it started on the 2nd pull and ran just like it was supposed to. My wife put it on facebook ads and it sold in about 10 minutes. I only had a $50 price on it. :) I have my old Eastwood tig welder up also but no action at all on it. It may go back under the bench in a couple of days. :) I can see most of the work bench now and there isn't dirt hiding behind everything. My wife's car is back in at night so I believe the world is normal at my house now. LOL.
TEAM SMART