2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

The mirror on the passenger side of the 54 Chevy was to low and pretty much useless.  I cut a piece the shape of the base out of 3/4" aluminum plate. Then I drilled the necessary holes, and then I sanded and polished the piece. Installed on the car now, it is now useable.  I do not care for the look but it was my only solution.

I have not figured out how to post larger photos.  If you click on the photo they will appear larger.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

I had the same problem with my 63 Galaxie and the 58 Yeoman.  The Galaxie is gone, so I no longer care. The 58, meh.

I'm going to try something with a pic. After you told it you want it, I think there is a word at the top of the small pic that says 'insert.'  Click on that and it will ask if you want a thumbnail or a full pic. I'm hoping that isn't another website I visit.

Edit: Nope, must be another site. Mine turn out the same way.

BTW, the mirror mount looks good.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

123pugsy

kb426

I had to put an extension  on the white 51 on the passenger side. I made the effort to make it symmetrical with the driver's side. Not my best idea. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I took a day away from working on stuff.. mostly.  8) Sunday will be a productive day.  Next week will be busy if my parts come in for the RV  and my brothers house projects.

If I understand your comments on uploading photos here on RRT... the system uploads the photo and provides a small snapshot you clik on for a full sized photo
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Matt

chimp koose

rumrumm

Your rendering skills are top notch!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

I set up the mill today and slotted some Ubolt holes on a Chevy straight axle. He is putting a half ton axle on a one ton chassis.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: chimp koose on December 12, 2021, 04:17:30 PM
lookin good IDJ 8)

Thanks :) More than I can say for the real thing though. Still shiny but not sure how many a "footer" she is.

Quote from: rumrumm on December 12, 2021, 05:36:09 PM
Your rendering skills are top notch!

Thanks. Notch position is good but I'm not all that. Guilty of brushing them up lately but not in paintings just pencils. I did try to make it neat but ain't quite satisfied. I will say it is a good likeness and has a couple nice areas in the painting.

Thats cake watercolors over thin white acrylic on ancient hot press board and with some finishing touches in pencil. Car is about 10" long in the art and the background just has shorter trees for uninterrupted top of car shape. Much better in person. The pavement is grey not brown for example. Lighting is tough photographing paintings. A scan might be the ticket for keeping it true.
Matt

kb426

I copied someone else's idea and made some brackets to bolt to wheel hubs to measure toe in from. They have a sleeve on the top end where the stud goes through. The turn signal switch arrived for the F16 and all of the lights work properly now.
TEAM SMART

416Ford

A friend came out yesterday and we sealed the truck box and laid two coats of matt black down. Now I can move on to prepping the cab and fenders for paint.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Crosley.In.AZ

I travel to my brothers place today. Work on a project or 2 there for him. Parts arrived for the RV , so that stuff has been added to my "job list"

Taking a small table back to them. I glued & screwed the table back together for his wife. Their adult 36 yr old  son drug addict busted the table the last time they took him in off the streets. The son busted several items at the house. The son cleans up for about a month and then falls right back in the same meth - alcohol profile.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Felt good to not be married to a Ford for a sec but I had to fix a ricer to get a break from it. Don't miss those either. It is fun seeing Mike struggle getting the A front end metal back on like I had it (parts still in primer). He absolutely hates asking me about it.

I saved both door and quarter on the '89 Fairlady job. Fortunately that was the right thing to do. Customer was excited about it, says the salvage parts can be kept or sold off. All I used was the gas flap. Sounds like next gig is a Mustang wadded up behind a wheel.

We have awakened to temps around 60°F last couple mornings which is Grape territory so yesterday and today she gets / got exercise. Work party meet n eat was last Friday and yellow V6 Camaro guy siezed the off-clock opportunity to taunt me about racing him. The White guys joined in on Monday and I know the Big Race hears that stuff even when sitting in the yard so am driving her to make her presence felt. Man, if I could drive something with a ride like she has every day I might get easier to be around. :)
Matt

kb426

I drove the F16 to coffee this morning. When I walked out to the parking lot I was smiling so I think it looks good sitting there even without paint and body work.
TEAM SMART