What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I have been watching those videos for about 6 months, I happened to fall across them and the are really neat.  Joliet MT is a little town of 650 down near Billings, about 200 miles from me.  I think next year I am going to make a trip down there.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

I an aware that I have left over parts from the last couple of years. I started listing them on area classifieds. I'm still in the "less stuff" mode. I'm not holding my breath. :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

Finished a painting today. I've been on a gasser kick lately and see no reason to stop now!
Edit: that's a really fuzzy picture! 🤔

chimp koose

HOLY COW that is a nice willys ! Dont stop now , you are getting even better 8)

416Ford

I really like that one phat46.   );b(  );b(
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Plus me!  :b-d:  Cool shiny blue gasser :P>
Matt

WZ JUNK

I did some work on the 460/Ranger today.  I have some minor electrical work, install the battery in its original location, and the fuel line to finish up the front.  Next I will work on the rear end and fuel tank.  Tomorrow I will begin pulling the bed.  I am dreading the removal of the bed bolts.

Hear is what 466 cubic inches of big block Ford looks like in a Ranger Splash.  I installed the engine without cutting the floor or the firewall.  It is a very tight fit.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

^^^^
Serious offset to the right? That's what most seem to have for steering clearance. The 72 F100 had 2.5".
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^
Serious offset to the right? That's what most seem to have for steering clearance. The 72 F100 had 2.5".

Serious offset and it is a little crooked too.  The rules for drag week forced me to do it that way.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

idrivejunk

Looks like it grew there, to me. Nice V8 Splash job. 8)  :0-0
Matt

kb426

I saved the bent axle that came from the 96 mustang donor for the 51. I had cut the flange of behind the seal area and saved all the parts for another day. I fired up the lathe this afternoon and faced of the cut area. The flange has the stub that can be put in a rotary table on the mill. It had the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern that I can use occasionally. I think I'll machine the splines of the end of the remaining part of the axle. It's bent enough that it will be a punch or pry bar. :) I put it between centers and spun it. No question it's bent. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I started on the back half of the Ranger this afternoon.  The hardest part of removing the bed was removing the bolts that hold the bed to the frame.  Lots of heat, a long breaker bar, and a pneumatic impact wrench got it done.  Now I will clean it and start to work.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

chimp koose

Finished the exhaust on my 65 merc tonight. Not too pretty but it should work fine.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"Finished the exhaust on my 65 merc tonight. Not too pretty but it should work fine.

Well, describe the sound for us ...  :?:  :?:  :?:

Muffs nearest the front or back?
Matt

kb426

Over at O&S, once again a mustang part has become something useful. The bent axle shaft has been turned into a driver. I cut down the spline'd area to be a receiver for a driver. I will machine up adapters as needed. My plan is to use the recess where the c-clip went to use a clip to hole the adapter on. I rounded the other end for hammering and also center drilled it for future possibilities. Because axles are good material, speed was not part of this process. :)
TEAM SMART