What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Pulled the trigger on a new used truck that's in N. Carolina. Good price on a two year old, very low mileage, and NO Michigan Winters truck. I have to fly down and drive it back, my daughter and son in law live there, he's an attorney so we are handling the sale through his firm. When it gets back to Michigan it will get the Krown rustproofing done on it, it should be the last truck I buy. The one I have now is 17 years old, I bought it new, it's just rusting out from under me!

sirstude

I am headed to my 4th chemo session this morning.  Everything has been going very well so far. Should have 2 more after that if things go the way of the plan.

Jack Parker stopped by a couple of weeks ago, he was hauling cross country as usual.  Had a nice talk then down the road he went.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Charlie Chops 1940

Referencing the critters in the garage...we had something in the attic towards the end of winter and into spring, It was primarily nocturnal and seemed to come and go. Exterminator theorized it was a couple squirrels getting in through the garage. I got a few more snap traps to set but we went on vacation down south for a couple weeks in early May, so they didn't get set.

When we got back I hit the door opener but had to pick up a cooler, some brooms and boxes in order to get in...crap scattered all over. Did that, drove in, started unloading. Happened to glance over under the CTS-V and saw a racoon tail....attached to a dead racoon. That rascal must have been getting in and out when the garage door was open and got trapped for almost two weeks.

Held a nice little memorial  service out behind the workshop and buried his sorry *.

No more noises in the ceiling but I do have orders from the chief of staff to close up the ceiling.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"Everything has been going very well so far...

Doug
Good news Doug. Sounds like you're doing the right things. Stay strong.
George

phat46

Quote from: "sirstude"I am headed to my 4th chemo session this morning.  Everything has been going very well so far. Should have 2 more after that if things go the way of the plan.

Jack Parker stopped by a couple of weeks ago, he was hauling cross country as usual.  Had a nice talk then down the road he went.

Doug

Glad to hear things are going well. Hopefully that continues!

phat46

Funny story about trapped squirrels. A friend had a cabin up in northern Mi. near the Au Sable river. During the Winter squirrels had gotten in and had the run of the place. After they cleaned up and got them out the cabin had that dead critter smell, pretty bad. We were up there with them and couldn't find the source of the smell. My wife was sitting in a nice recliner chair and suddenly said " The smell is in this chair" sure enough it was, and it was BAD. We hauled the chair out to the road for trash pick up and went to town for dinner. When we got back the chair was gone. Someone had stopped and picked it up. I still laugh to this day thinking about someone hauling that " nice chair they found out by the road" into their house...😄😄😄

lofat46

had that dead critter smell, pretty bad.

Here's a tip on how to rid your house of that dead critter smell.  I learned this from a Medical Examiner that responded to the scene of a several days dead body I was investigating.  He walked into the kitchen, found a frying pan and a can of Folger's coffee and dumped about two cups of the coffee into the frying pan, turned on the burner and basically fried the coffee, filling the house with coffee smells, totally eliminating the "death odor".  I used this trick when several voles decided to drown in my sump pump well and it worked there too.

Crosley.In.AZ

I caught a gopher a few weeks back...  I have another gopher now.  Eating the roots under one of the wife's vines in the front yard along side the irrigation ditch.  

The dang buggars are tough to catch when they tunnel along the cement ditch. I have looked at the oxy & propane gas insertion , then a spark added for small explosion.  I just have this vision of the concrete ditch wall blowing out.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Crosley  get a good length of pipe and leave it laying on the ground . the next time you see the gopher give chase . Many times they will run and hide in the pipe . Block off one end of the pipe and then walk to the other end . The gopher will likely be waiting at that end and looking out and run back in the pipe when he sees you . Block that end . NOW you have the makings of a gopher cannon . You can now train the gopher to bark .....or at least make him go WOOF !

WZ JUNK

Leaving Iceland today for home. We spent most of the last month touring the UK. Great fun but we are ready to be home. I plan to attend the nsra mid America nationals this weekend.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I spent another day in the yard. It doesn't want to quit raining. It's making my schedule suck. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"Crosley  get a good length of pipe and leave it laying on the ground . the next time you see the gopher give chase . Many times they will run and hide in the pipe . Block off one end of the pipe and then walk to the other end . The gopher will likely be waiting at that end and looking out and run back in the pipe when he sees you . Block that end . NOW you have the makings of a gopher cannon . You can now train the gopher to bark .....or at least make him go WOOF !

These are pocket gophers.  They tend to stay under ground for the large part. If they are out, usually in the night time.

We have horned owls nesting in the area. If the varmints come out at night, the owls make short work of them.  I have seen the owls in flight with a varmint in their claws
Tony

kb426

Another rainy day in the shop. I replaced the aftermarket ignition switch in the 32 with an oem F100 unit. I made a spacer to fit the dash and had to enlarge the opening. This was an easy choice because of wiring the 72 F100. The little Honda broke the speedo cable a week ago. (not from excessive speed) :) The new cable arrived and is installed now. The replacement was made in Viet Nam. The Honda Cub is very popular over seas. A lot of the replacements are made in India, Thailand and Viet Nam.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Killed a couple of scorpions tonite..  No gopher sighting. No fresh digging from the gopher in a couple days.
Tony

WZ JUNK

We arrived home safely yesterday afternoon.  There had been tornados in our area the day before but they all stayed north of our place.  Leaving this morning for NSRA Mid America Nationals.

We left here about a month ago.  Our first stop was Ireland, then England, Wales, Scotland, and Iceland on the way home.  My wife and I travel to see historical sites and natural wonders.  We do not shop or search for fancy places to eat.   We get up early and we keep moving all day and into the evening.  Home is for sleep and resting.  The list of the things we saw and did is amazing.

Here is a shot of Pendine Sands a beach in England that was used to set land speed records before  Daytona Beach and Bonneville.  It is a sorry photo but we were there early one morning as the sun was rising.

The next big trip is to the Canadian Rockies.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH