Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

*! Again? I guess... :roll:

You'd think the firewall would be in it. Nope-

Matt

idrivejunk

Amazing. No matter how you stack it, the doors work the same.  :)

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chimp koose

just wow , how much better it is than when it came in ! :D

idrivejunk

Those apple green wheels are gonna be hard to top though!  :lol:

Bryan drew first mud on it this week-

Matt

jaybee

Matt, you've come a long way on this one!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

I suppose so. Thanks on behalf of the crew. If I turn back to look, my personal car hobby isn't even a speck on the horizon anymore. Miss that. Already forgot a lot of things about the A, and can't be looking too close at what happens to it from here out. Looks like it will probably get finished. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Well, my response to that was overly bleak and un-called-for. I beg your pardon, jaybee. You know me. :oops: Thanks.

Have a fresh picture-

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chimp koose

Matt , I think you need to go to a site like the HAMB and have a look at some of the model A chops done there and then give yourself a big pat on the back for a job WELL DONE . I look at the back side window on your job and it just looks great . Not knocking others work , its just that the proportions of that window vary from one job to another . Yours is spot on ! 8)  8)  8)

idrivejunk

Thank you, CK. All the chop amount credit goes to Mike, he knew to do the 3/2. I visit HAMB regularly and think most I see are straight chops.

I would swear that all I did was chop then make ends meet, as far as the side window goes. But... since I was also flushing doors, filling roof, and tucking new drip rails... that window area was cut into more sections than normal which perhaps gave me more control.

Glad you find it asthetically pleasing, thats the whole point. :D

I think it will make a tidy little car and hope it keeps the purists and traditionalists busy pointing and puzzling. It will probably get called fiberglass more than once!
Matt

idrivejunk

Looks like recent activity around back of trans. Perhaps a swap to a less bulky output yoke. And trans mount / hoop stuffs.

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

I've never seen that before.  :shock:
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"I've never seen that before.  :shock:

Me either. It will have a place of honor on "the wall..."

So would you guys want the firewall butt welded or plug welded? All the way around?

Would you want some sort of visual feature on it?
Matt