Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Grille is a little crooked in the pics, but thats about all! :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

jaybee

Anyone who thinks flush fitting doors on these cars will be easy should read this thread. It's like you've built an entire car inside the Model A body panels.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

I don't believe theres an attention span alive that could! :lol:

Its only butt welds to the moon. :roll:

But you are right, thats exactly what I did. How I did will come to light.
Matt

idrivejunk

Notches left to be filled behind hinge arms with door off and once stops are established.

Guy that was gonna bring the 51 inside today didn't show. Fine by me! :wink:

I got whimsical and wanted to see a seat and some meat-

Matt

chimp koose

That is a lot of rubber there , looks right at home in those big fenders  8)

idrivejunk

Heck yeah, that is one rubbery looking rod rear ain't it. Almost looks chewy! I bet it turns some heads for a double take and hope it gets him the epic comments he shall deserve. :shock:  8)

I keep meaning to dig out a couple pipe slices to hang down there like exhaust tips.

Dropped bolts in the provided lower hinge tubes' door stop holes-

Doors stop here.

That could be adjusted for a little more opening and still allow an undisturbed bed for the weatherstrip. As you know, current clearance allows the doors to go straight out. That will change when doors come off to fill in the notches in the quarter jambs outboard of the hinge. Which is next, but the 51 job is due to start.

We wanted to do something about the pokey outy hurty ugly upper hinge pocket corners and heres what I did, along with working my way up the B pillars finishing as much as I can before taking doors off and maybe turning over the reins. Still have not connected jamb above door. Pieces are tacked but don't quite reach so may make new or shuffle.

At least these random scrapesque pieces came from common patterns at the start and the result doesn't scream asymmetry. But it went a little freehand. The objectives were to soften the shoulder space intrusion and provide a more smooth, sensible boundary for interior panels that will require less magic to work around. Where the door trim panel meets qtr trim panel above the hinges, the contour mismatch is much less severe.

Had Sweepy drag the old seat out. Can't wait to toss that in and find out where we stand. Or rather, sit.

[/img]
Matt

idrivejunk

I just got the hinge notches filled on one quarter and put the door back on.

Matt

jaybee

What size are those rears, 315s?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "jaybee"What size are those rears, 315s?

Pfft. :roll: Metric? As if...

:lol:

I believe even the Cat has 335s.

They are 18". Mickeys. I showed the labels somewhere in remote antiquity. Wheels 20" diameter, 15" wide with about 6" backspace are to be ordered custom. Steel, from US Mags. Center resembles a Chevy rally wheel slightly and is to be painted and the actual rim is chrome. Big smooth center cap. If you backtrack you can read all about it. Updates are due to stagnate as I handed off the A to Mike today. New thread coming soon :arrow:

Matt

kb426

^^^^^
Who made the chassis sitting next to the A? Is that for the F1?
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^
Who made the chassis sitting next to the A? Is that for the F1?

Roadster Shop. Yes. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

:shock:  8)  :D  :0-0

From wiley Coyote to big bad wolf!
Matt

kb426

I see many complications on the horizon. :) This will be interesting to see where the intercooler get's hidden. 650 hp in a Model A will be wild! :)
TEAM SMART