Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Like a medium olive green solid.
Matt

chimp koose

cant wait to see it in color 8)

idrivejunk

I anticipate disappointment with the color choice personally but just seeing it in primer with doors on was a good thrill.  :)  Mixed with some apprehension over ignored advice and things not tended to. Yet. The owner deserves a big pat on the back for sticking with it!

So does F1 man. He asked for an update yesterday and was pleased. He had probably just gotten the bill that includes the hood hinge battle. Fortunately, the results I produce seem to keep them interested. Times like that do test the boss's ability to walk the line, just as much as they push the boundaries of my ability. He won't charge a full day for one that ain't worth that. So far, together we grow and get paid. The follow-through is there and some truly nice rides leave.

I heard that some of the mag article writer photographer guys have gotten together to produce a couple new magazines. One about rods and one about trucks, and it sounds as though a handful of our current builds are of interest as features. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

1 week to color?
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

If you believe that, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas which you might be interested in.  :)  If you were doing the work, probably so.

I believe they are going to skip some critical areas like not bolting fenders on so the gap can be checked, and leveling out of body lines in the rear view. No idea when or how it will be. You guys want to skip ahead to color, I can wait until then to show it again.

51 metal work continues, see blog-

http://chevroldsmobuiac.blogspot.com/2020/05/20may.html?m=1
Matt

chimp koose

Thanks for posting to your blog . I really like those side supports in the foot well area of the truck cab . Has covid slowed things down much at your workplace ? I have not been able to spin a lathe or mill anything in over 2 months as the school I teach at has been closed . Kind of kills the car buzz for me . As a result I have been slowly picking away at the engine for my T.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"Thanks for posting to your blog . I really like those side supports in the foot well area of the truck cab . Has covid slowed things down much at your workplace ? I have not been able to spin a lathe or mill anything in over 2 months as the school I teach at has been closed . Kind of kills the car buzz for me . As a result I have been slowly picking away at the engine for my T.

Zero slowdown of work due to virus. Business as usual! That must be horrible, the tool withdrawal. I wonder about the kids. Stay on those Ford projects, or else it could end up like this one-

:lol:

They suprised me and fixed that body line at top of roll pan. Oh, me of little faith. :roll:

Matt

idrivejunk

More polyester  :)

They have that door hung too low.

Same one, other side-

I made the piece for the middle-

Matt

kb426

How rusty is the rest of the Mustang? The A is coming along good. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

It came in already having had floors, rear rails, core support, etc, done. A multitude of poorly done and incomplete repairs had been made and in addition to rust there was a hard sideswipe. Previous repairman did not even connect torque boxes to floor, big gap instead. If it answers the question, there was about a square foot of inner cowl patched over the pedal area by our guy. It was par but is now down to the quarter and wheelhouse shown.
Matt

chimp koose

IDJ sorry to report that other than a partially completed engine , I have done no car work in the past 10 weeks .  :cry:  My home shop is packed so full of things I needed to bring home from work that I have very little room to work . I dare not do welding for fear of a fire as things are too cramped . I currently have 2 cars , a chopper ,3 engine ,trans,diff combo's .numerous spare cranks ,heads and intakes , a full size mill 44" table , lathe and supporting tooling , rims ,tires ,spare model T fenders and my pet chinchilla in his big cage all in my 2 car garage . It looks like we will not be holding classes from school in september so I may be pitted in for some time . :(

GPster

Quote from: "chimp koose"IDJ sorry to report that other than a partially completed engine , I have done no car work in the past 10 weeks .  :cry:  My home shop is packed so full of things I needed to bring home from work that I have very little room to work . I dare not do welding for fear of a fire as things are too cramped . I currently have 2 cars , a chopper ,3 engine ,trans,diff combo's .numerous spare cranks ,heads and intakes , a full size mill 44" table , lathe and supporting tooling , rims ,tires ,spare model T fenders and my pet chinchilla in his big cage all in my 2 car garage . It looks like we will not be holding classes from school in september so I may be pitted in for some time . :(
You need to take the time and build an addition on your garage. GPster

chimp koose

GPster I am out of space , the only way is up.

idrivejunk

Maybe this'll cheer you up / light a fire under ya-

:D

I never have had a good place to work on my junk. So we don't know what you're missing. :wink:

She ain't real happy about being an outdoor pet but she has good days. 8)
Matt