Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"14" wide?

20 x 15" out back. 18" wide tire. :0-0
Matt

idrivejunk

Those are getting hosed. I have a feeling the color will kill it for me. Rears took like a roll of tape apiece. :lol:

Matt

idrivejunk

First color peek day 8) It'll do.

Matt

kb426

Have you ever shown the hubcaps?
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

No, to my knowledge I have not seen them. I seem to recall mention of either Ford logo or knock-off style. In July 2019 the wheel choice was different-

Matt

kb426

Ok. I just couldn't remember. That is a common problem in my world. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Its OK, you do fine. This project's coverage is somewhat fragmented. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

At least somebody sanded this-

This moved a few yards forward today so another Beetle could come in.

Matt

idrivejunk

They landed on 29 x 18.00 x 20 tires out back. Wheel 15" wide.

Baby steps got her home! Back to tail lights. I had sunk that one into the fender but stopped at rough grinding to wait for a stance to be established. Proceeding.

This happened mostly on snow and ice days and does not represent this build, it is just freehanded from easy memory of it. It does represent my return to painting after decades of hiatus. Acrylic on canvas, 11 x 14". Which direction the sun is going is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Matt

chimp koose

I really like those front wheels but they dont match with the rears . The rear shot is awesome ! Didnt think the big wheel look would work but I am definitely wrong there! The car looks like one tough customer from the rear shot , serious brawler attitude out back . 8)

idrivejunk

It does appear to have a chip on it's shoulder from that angle. You can imagine how tough the decision on exhaust tips might be, to express the right attitude. Soda straws won't cut it. :lol:

Front tires just arrived from Australia today but the Bullits have same height tires. 26x10x18 is the size to be used up front.

There was much deliberation and two sets of tires were ordered and tried, mounted.The objective being to balance proportions of sidewall height. Initially, 31s were tried out back and were a tad much. Too close to tail lights and couldn't stuff enough front width in, and still steer, to look right with 31s out back.

So the 29x18s shown will be the actual rears but theres a big wheel spacer (in the plan from day one, don't know why but they stay) in place on the left rear that is not currently present on the right. Seems like I heard the final rendition will have around a half inch less spacer.

Still a high explanation to photo ratio I reckon. But I have what I need to put tail lights parallel to road. I'm nowhere near putting a right tail light spot in. The angle I had put on the left was indeed wrong so it is cut out now. The transition will be much more graceful around the eyelid over lamp. Revising permanent bracket design currently.
Matt

moose

Is the heavy forward tilt to the grill shell an optical issue or real life mounting angle?

idrivejunk

I noticed that in the pic yesterday at home. Just measured and the cowl and rad are 3/4" farther apart at top than at bottom. Quick check indicated about a half inch difference in length of a fabbed hood side, top vs bottom. So it appears to be intentional and permanent, and may be that way to clear plumbing or accessory drive stuff.

Thats a fairly major rodding faux pas, is it not? :?:
Matt

moose

Quote from: "idrivejunk"I noticed that in the pic yesterday at home. Just measured and the cowl and rad are 3/4" farther apart at top than at bottom. Quick check indicated about a half inch difference in length of a fabbed hood side, top vs bottom. So it appears to be intentional and permanent, and may be that way to clear plumbing or accessory drive stuff.

Thats a fairly major rodding faux pas, is it not? :?:

Makes it look bent or broken to my eye. I made sure mine was vertical.