Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Don't be taken in by that look of youthful exuberance, guys. Its those coke bottle bottoms Dr Mike prescribed, and it's jaw drops any time an old car guy passes by. And oh man, that coyote breath! Whew. A coyote-ugly face like that could make a freight train take a dirt road, too. But luckily I don't think it knew who I was yet. Sorta like a staring contest with an infant. I thought I was imagining the whole thing so I took that pic right fast and did not expect to see anything unusual but my experience was confirmed when viewing the image later. My chin fell, too.

It's eyes followed me as I backed away slowly, and now that I think back... as I strolled dumbfounded back to my stall I distinctly heard a dry old voice cry out "Bring fresh crossword puzzles next time, please!". It didn't occur to me then that no people were around. Didn't want to go back today without a puzzle book in my pocket. Strange true lies, all. But I will keep eyes peeled and ear to ground for you believers. A character like that is likely to grow into a noteworthy individual, being simultaneously endowed with the attributes of both age and youth. Right now: Infant in the geriatric ward. :roll:

:lol:  :arrow:

Thanks, gents. 8) If you get a grey primer alert on your phone, you'll know it escaped. :wink:
Matt

idrivejunk

Yeah I couldn't come up with a good caption and attempted to compensate with that palaver. :roll:

The lights and grille go to the Vicky on the top shelf behind it but Mike says thats the setup it will have. Drop bar, big lights. My inclination to "help" folks pick things has about run it's course so there won't be more renderings unless a specific request is made. But I couldn't resist playing a little. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

This just might be Mike's fan shroud for the A.

Matt

idrivejunk

Aw, nope thats for a Chevelle wagon. Woops.

Might as well tell it here... the Cat bumpers made it back, one damaged in shipping. :shock:

Horror of * horrors, man. :evil:  :cry: Lord, have mercy. That is bad news. Just one scratch, but... :(  Wow. Shipped on crappy pallet, forklifted, down to the copper on one end of bumper. Heard of this just after lunch of course and barfed in mouth a bit. Gut level disappointment and awe is all I got. Tough break there, you know if you followed along.
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

The wheels look like alum instead of chrome plated steel. Is that correct? I like the to do list taped on the car. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Those look like pretty wide wheels to fit under an A. I like it. Gives the car an aggressive look.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

20" x 15". With 18.5" wide Mickeys.  8)

The tail end of this thing ought to look fairly threatening. And a little cartoony-silly-fat-hostile. Think of the satisfaction it will provide when done, not to mention the giggly thrills of learning how to lay into the boost and when what gear is coming up, etc. HO- yeah!  :D
Matt

jaybee

It became apparent pretty early in your posting on this one, it's going to be one very cool car.

idrivejunk

The kids popped in for a visit today.  :-o

That means suddenly Model A and F1 all at once and come to think of it the Cat is about ripe for an appearance. Been long enough anyhow. :?

Don't you know I caught her sunbathing, hanging out with the cool cars. :D

It got pretty nasty visiting the mechanics' building. Been awhile. But looky there, I see air in -n- out plumbing.:)

Wheels are about to get painted, then tires mounted, then finish tail lamps with stance established. 8)

All that going on but tomorrow I'll be assembling a 2020 F250. :roll: :arrow:
Matt

chimp koose

Love that coupe ! Man do those headers look busy! It should look menacing with the proper rims/tires mounted.

jaybee

Might want to consider some wheel spacers on the back of the A...  :lol:

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt