What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Sirstude, I just purchased a crimper for reduced barrier hoses for the f100. If it warms up in a week or so, I'll post a report on how it went. I bought the hose and fittings from Yogi's. The no. 10 hose sure is easier to bend then the full barrier hose. :)

The new mill is on it's stand and leveled. I ran out of energy to hook power to it. This was the warmest day we will have for a while so I was as busy as I can be. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Sirstude, I just purchased a crimper for reduced barrier hoses for the f100. If it warms up in a week or so, I'll post a report on how it went. I bought the hose and fittings from Yogi's. The no. 10 hose sure is easier to bend then the full barrier hose. :)

The new mill is on it's stand and leveled. I ran out of energy to hook power to it. This was the warmest day we will have for a while so I was as busy as I can be. :)
I have thought up several many mill wisecracks but all mere wordplay, KB. Congratulations. Mill things like wild, to your heart's content. What a great thing to have for hobby use.  This is me - :mrgreen:  Envious but more intrigued by what you'll create.

I am still adding dabs of coolant as the GTP burps out, it usually takes a week after getting air in the cooling system no matter what I do. Last night I removed the passenger side blend door actuator and unstuck the door. Left the actuator off, cranked the door to heat with pliers. Ah. Heat with no puddles, fresh oil, fulla gas, two new tires wow! I can't even see over the cotton, squattin'.
Matt

enjenjo

I'm in the process of building a stand for a bench top bead blaster. I am using scraps and leftovers from other projects. I finished welding it today and burned a hole in one of my air hoses. Was it one of the hoses I have had for 10 to 20 years? Of course not, it was the new one. I got it painted tonight, I'll assemble it saturday and take a picture. Next project is a welder cart.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I have power to the new mill and ran the break in procedure so I'm ready to use it as the need arises. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I thought I'd post a screen shot of my laptop used in the shop. Laptop is about 14 yrs olde, on Windoze XP
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Quote from: kb426Sirstude, I just purchased a crimper for reduced barrier hoses for the f100. If it warms up in a week or so, I'll post a report on how it went. I bought the hose and fittings from Yogi's. The no. 10 hose sure is easier to bend then the full barrier hose. :)

How big is the outside diameter of that hose?  I am debating possibly trying it if small enough.

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

Sirstude, I would call it 3/4" It's slightly egg shaped from being rolled up some there is a large and small measurement. It's within a few thousandths of .750.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Made some steering arms with the correct ackerman for the roadster chassis .Originals were out 7/8" per side . In other words there was no ackerman in the system . Made a fixture to hold the original T front frame brackets in their original position on my new frame for welding on .They originally mounted the fender , rad , and lower cross member together. Mine will locate the rad and fender irons . I figured it would be worth the trouble as I don't see much ability to adjust fender height after they are welded in .

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"I thought I'd post a screen shot of my laptop used in the shop. Laptop is about 14 yrs olde, on Windoze XP

LOL, That artwork! 🙄😄

enjenjo

I got some pictures of the bead blaster stand. There are still some modifications I want to do to the cabinet.

kb426

I know somebody will say something so it might as well be me. Nice shoe pic. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I know somebody will say something so it might as well be me. Nice shoe pic. :)

who you talkin bout Willis?    I did not know there were velcro strap  tennis shoes still in the wild.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

We had heavy fog on saturday morning..  Photo looking north on my street.  About 200 foot of visibility.

Sunday morning there is some patches of fog around us.  Not a common site to see , especially since I stopped drinking alcohol 25 yrs ago.
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "kb426"I know somebody will say something so it might as well be me. Nice shoe pic. :)

who you talkin bout Willis?    I did not know there were velcro strap  tennis shoes still in the wild.

They are actually Velcro strap work shoes. From Amazon. Yesterday my great grandson was here "helping" me in the shop, and his boot came untied. He was surprised I could tie it.  :D

WZ JUNK

I am going to tell my wife that I need some more new tools.  After all, "Everyone else is doing it".   :D

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH