What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

John, let me send her some pics so she gets the "right" ones. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just finished changing oil on my wife's car. It was overdue. I believe you guys know why. :) Sirstude, there is adequate info about reduced barrier hose in Yogis catalog on page 134-135. This is a link to one like I purchased that is $10 less. :)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/71500-A-C-Hydraulic-Hose-Crimper-Tool-Kit-Hand-Tool-Crimping-Set-Hose-Fittings/263793014112?epid=0&hash=item3d6b49f560:g:94wAAOSwFXdbpJzW:rk:8:pf:0
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Heater blower switch gave out on the purple car today. Cheapo toggle switch. Caught it leaking some coolant, too. But it served me well despite those things. :)
Matt

sirstude

Thanks on the hose info, I ordered a catalog yesterday and it looks like the reduced is about a quarter inch smaller on the #10 stuff.  For sure going to use it in the engine compartment and in front of the core support.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Arnold

OUTSIDE in the cold,snow..fixing my 3..THREE...(IF you have 3..THREE 4x4 daily driver trucks ALL in really good shape you will always have ONE to depend on right :?: Saves spending big bucks on a new or something newer right :?: )
 Last Thursday,Friday,Saturday had problems with EACH of them 8)
 I have lots of tools :twisted:

kb426

I cleaned up my old mill to get it ready to sell. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Friday morning it was 37*F at the house... the truck temperature display was offering ICE again..  I have never found the dispenser for the ICE in the truck.

Saturday morning it is 45*F here.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"Friday morning it was 37*F at the house... the truck temperature display was offering ICE again..  I have never found the dispenser for the ICE in the truck.

Saturday morning it is 45*F here.

Here too, it was a balmy 37* this morning, gotta love this global warming! Guys still riding their motorcycles.

Crosley.In.AZ

You guyz... Do you have some olde spray cans of paint?  You keep them around for that quik , small job?

Recently I used a can of silver paint that I bought decades ago.  I looked at the label.  Price tag is from Yellow Front store here in AZ... Yellow Front stores closed up in the early 1990's.... and the price tag looks older than the 1990's
Tony

58 Yeoman

Does it work? I've read online that if you have a can of paint that seems to be clogged inside, to warm it in a pan of hot water, then shake it up.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"You guyz... Do you have some olde spray cans of paint?  You keep them around for that quik , small job?

Recently I used a can of silver paint that I bought decades ago.  I looked at the label.  Price tag is from Yellow Front store here in AZ... Yellow Front stores closed up in the early 1990's.... and the price tag looks older than the 1990's

"Some" old cans of spray paint :?:  :roll:  :oops: At least they are ALL in the same place NOW. Decades? Ya some of mine go back to the early 1970's.
   I recently figured out that oil based paints in cans will keep pretty much forever..through repeated heat/freeze cycles. Believe me I had lots. However..put the sealed cans in a very,very damp but not freezing environment..a year or two of that and they end up at the recycling depot. Could not even get the lids off! Except for some 'Orange" ("Safety Orange") urethane construction paint.
   If they don't work..switch the nozzle. Soak the nozzle.

chimp koose

Bent up the halo bar for the roadster roll bar today . Just need to cut off the old one , fit this one and burn it on . Then back to the T coupe !

kb426

I sold my old bench mill this evening. The space in the shop just grew proportionately. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I spent the evening cleaning up the work bench. The 72 is far enough along that the left over parts went into a small box. All the rest of the mess is gone. I used to clean up as I went. With age, that has changed. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Took front tires and wheels off my 1961 Bugeye Sprite...  Tires are olde, from the late 1970's. Plenty of tread on them.  Valve stems had rotted away and blown out.

Installed new valve stems, aired them up to about 15 psi.  Still holding air after 8 hours.  At least, I can roll the car around now.
Tony