What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I replaced the windshield and then I spent another day chasing gremlins in the 54.  Dead on the road once, and twice I coasted into the shop.  I know that my latest problem has to do with ignition.  I switch out the coil with another I had in reserve, but that was not the problem.  Tomorrow I will test the pick up coil in the distributor.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, by the process of elimination, you should be getting closer. Especially if the problem grows and it won't run until you find it. Best wishes. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Replaced the 9 year old battery in the old truck. Walmart stuff is just junk.  They would not prorate me a new battery.  Even charged me more for the new one than they did for the original 9 years ago. This new stuff does not last long and the customer service today is terrible.  :lol:

John

Nice goin' John....My 2 year old Walmart battery saw what yours did &  gave up at a show yesterday ...   :shock:
During an NSRA safety inspection no less.. :oops:
 Start the car please ....Click..Click..Click...Boy does my neutral safety switch work good or what  :!:  :shock:  :oops:
 Ahhh...Turn on the wipers please...Ahhh...Well ,see, that requires the engine to be running...... :roll:  :roll:
 Start the car please....Click..Click..Click... :oops:  :oops:  :?

We boosted the battery & all went well.....The car passed .... 8)

Took the battery to Wally-World today expecting the worst as the receipt was lost during our "Off Road" adventure last year ..... :(

The nice lady verified the purchase ,tested the battery, charged the battery, re-connected the charger/tester to the correct terminals,
tested it again & then advised me to please go get another battery as mine was not working properly ..... :roll:

No muss-No fuss-No problem .....  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

See, Bob. Everyone likes you! :)
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Back at work after 5 days at Disneyland with my kids and grandkids.  What a great time.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

Engine runs flawlessly in the 54 at this very minuet.  I replaced the ignition module with a "AC Delco unit this morning".  The former unit was a "Standard" brand module.  Another new part had failed.   We will see if it is finally fixed as I drive it the next few days.  I am optimistic and hopeful.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

John, when I was testing the 32 10 years ago, I had trouble with the tfi ignition module. The experts told me that only a motorcraft unit would work. I had several of various brands and had trouble. I bought a used Motorcraft and installed it. That was 28,000 miles ago. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I am measuring up the twisted roadster chassis for cutting and a new front half . I am going to change the way the front axle is mounted . it was welded solid so no caster adjustment . I have an idea .

kb426

Yesterday evening, the 51 carried my wife and I 50 miles away for supper. It was the 1st time to try the ac when it was 100 degrees and 30 mph wind. I never had the ac turned up all the way and it was almost cold in the truck. When we got there, I noticed my wife had her shoes off resting her feet on the floor. It wasn't hot. It has "wife" approval again on the next level. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Couple items;

If you have items with Duracell batterys in them.  Check for leakage on the battery ends.  I did my usual check of flash lites in vehicles. AAA batterys about 1 yr olde... listed good till 2023.  Had a couple with white goo on the ends.

2nd item:  I had to add 134a freon to my wife's 2013 Civic.  System only holds 15oz..  I added about 4.5 oz to it per my little postal scale as I weighed the can as I filled the car.  Wife is happier now.  Wife now realize that the past weeks, she was turning the a/c down further and fan higher as the unit was not cooling as it should.

A buddy mentioned his 2012 CRV Honda a/c gets low every 2 yrs.  No leaks have been found. He just had the a/c serviced , evac , re-fill, leak checked
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"Couple items;

If you have items with Duracell batterys in them.  Check for leakage on the battery ends.  I did my usual check of flash lites in vehicles. AAA batterys about 1 yr olde... listed good till 2023.  Had a couple with white goo on the ends.

2nd item:  I had to add 134a freon to my wife's 2013 Civic.  System only holds 15oz..  I added about 4.5 oz to it per my little postal scale as I weighed the can as I filled the car.  Wife is happier now.  Wife now realize that the past weeks, she was turning the a/c down further and fan higher as the unit was not cooling as it should.

A buddy mentioned his 2012 CRV Honda a/c gets low every 2 yrs.  No leaks have been found. He just had the a/c serviced , evac , re-fill, leak checked

Just tried the air con in my 16 year old Dodge truck today, finally got hot enough, 94*, to use it. Works great, probably the strongest AC of any vehicle I have seen. I've been crossing my fingers the last 6-8 years every Summer when I try it for the first time, never had to do a thing to it! (Probably just jinxed myself...😕)

416Ford

Hey Bob, have you seen the new Street scene mag page 65 yet, is that your better 3/4?
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"Hey Bob, have you seen the new Street scene mag page 65 yet, is that your better 3/4?

YEOW.  :!:   The BOSS  is famous 😄   :!:  :!:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Sunday morning I was grinding on some brackets.  I should have went to church.  I had metal removed from my eye today.

Why is it that lose metal always heads for my eyeball?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

John, it must be the magnetism created by the extra strong brain waves. Just ask your wife. :)
TEAM SMART