What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I've noticed that only happens if you're wearing glasses.  :?

Allow me to relate the latest IDJ-ism and blow things out of proportion as usual... pretty huffed right now.

I had a BD. Worked per usual then had obligatory cake with folks. Made it home late, find internet dead. Dang, I had a post to post.

A crew from another internet provider new to the area left notice last week that they would be working in city easements.

Yep, that part of the yard again. :roll:  The dog barking cop calling threatener with dead tree and just had new cable after lightning corner.

I looked out back. Yep, four holes in the yard covered with chipboard. So I call my provider and begin the process of telling them their competitor cut my line. Took at least an hour of calling and texting past bedtime.

I re-watched a couple westerns on DVD to simmer down and crash out.

Did I mention that my privacy fence's gate was left wide open?

Leaving for work today, I meet the digging crew and locate one who understands a little english. Internet, muerto. Big eyes. :shock:

Got home today, gate is partially ripped loose. I kept it in long enough to check modem lights. Good, I was all set to go ballistic meltdown.

Got out a ratchet and tried to keep the cussing to a dull roar as I unbolt the gate and use the halves to prop up in the yard in order to obscure my 72 Grand Prix from sight from the street.

Now that I'm cooling off and sharing with friends by writing it out, I realize * off ratcheting of the gate bolts bought me a heaping helping of pain in my bum wrist. And I am working the fourth of July.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Sunday morning I was grinding on some brackets.  I should have went to church.  I had metal removed from my eye today.

Why is it that lose metal always heads for my eyeball?

John

I wear regular eye glasses to see, so they cover my eyes some what...  and when I am grinding / cutting stuff at home I wear a full face shield.  Stuff will still bounce around and hit me in my face.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Hey guys, a friend who has a Road Runner was telling me about a new Acme Surplus swap kit that fits a Coyote engine into it. Can't find any info on the web. Have y'all heard of them?
Matt

phat46

My daughter is restoring an 1800's Victorian house. We were fixing up her first floor bathroom that had water damage from the water lines above it. We Put new drywall on the damaged ceiling fixed the walls and took out a big "box" that was added over the tub. Then....a local historian guy had purchased a huge Victorian house that had been a restaurant for years. He wanted a more modern bathroom, so he put the old claw foot cast iron tub that was original to the house up for sale. Well, long story short, my daughter bought it, at a bargain price, and today we had to haul it out of the house, through doorways, around corners and down two flights of stairs! Luckily, I had my brother, a friend, and two young strong nephews to help. I would guess the weight close to 300 lbs! It had a casting date on the bottom...3-1-96, that's 1896, the year the house was built. Now, all I have to do is get the modern tub out of my daughters house, tile the floors and wall with era correct tile, then install the "new" tub...😃

enjenjo

Since I had some help today, we moved some cars and trailers around and did some cleanup outside. Looks a lot better now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

papastoyss

Quote from: "Crosley"Couple items;

If you have items with Duracell batterys in them.  Check for leakage on the battery ends.  I did my usual check of flash lites in vehicles. AAA batterys about 1 yr olde... listed good till 2023.  Had a couple with white goo on the ends.

2nd item:  I had to add 134a freon to my wife's 2013 Civic.  System only holds 15oz..  I added about 4.5 oz to it per my little postal scale as I weighed the can as I filled the car.  Wife is happier now.  Wife now realize that the past weeks, she was turning the a/c down further and fan higher as the unit was not cooling as it should.

A buddy mentioned his 2012 CRV Honda a/c gets low every 2 yrs.  No leaks have been found. He just had the a/c serviced , evac , re-fill, leak checked
Several yrs ago I asked a Vintage Air rep how to prevent overcharging a custom a/c system. He said to get a thermometer like used for checking meat temp while cooking, insert in an a/c vent & charge until the vent temp stops dropping, then stop. You would be surprized at how fast the vent temp will rise w/just a" little more gas for good measure"
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

kb426

I've spent the morning pretending to be Enjenjo without help. Lots less junk, grass mowed, tress trimmed, etc.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"I've spent the morning pretending to be Enjenjo without help. Lots less junk, grass mowed, tresses trimmed, etc.

So you cut your hair too.:roll:

Today we had a cook out with all the family here, five generations. Fat Cat smoked ribs, pork loins, brisket, chicken *, and polish sausage. Plus we had fresh Ohio corn on the cob, and coleslaw. It was fun day.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

^^^^^
Welcome to "typos are us". :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^
Welcome to "typos are us". :)

Do we discriminate against other blood types? :?:  :?  :shock:  :(

:lol:  :D

Charging up the 69's battery... again. :roll:  Ever since they made it law to have headlights on if you might need wipers, that happens. Other day it was raining only the first few blocks of my outing so dadgum. Did it again. Hate that. Its not reflex to check before walking away from the old car because I normally just leave it be when lights and wipers are needed.
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"I've spent the morning pretending to be Enjenjo without help. Lots less junk, grass mowed, tresses trimmed, etc.

So you cut your hair too.:roll:

Today we had a cook out with all the family here, five generations. Fat Cat smoked ribs, pork loins, brisket, chicken *, and polish sausage. Plus we had fresh Ohio corn on the cob, and coleslaw. It was fun day.

I read this post at lunch and that was okay because there was a sandwich in my hand. Now its suppertime and there it is again. Mmm-eats. Corn on cob is one thing I'll miss when I die. I know if'n I don't find me some vittles here directly my belt buckle and backbone are gonna have a meeting in the middle. :arrow:
Matt

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"Couple items;

If you have items with Duracell batterys in them.  Check for leakage on the battery ends.  I did my usual check of flash lites in vehicles. AAA batterys about 1 yr olde... listed good till 2023.  Had a couple with white goo on the ends.

2nd item:  I had to add 134a freon to my wife's 2013 Civic.  System only holds 15oz..  I added about 4.5 oz to it per my little postal scale as I weighed the can as I filled the car.  Wife is happier now.  Wife now realize that the past weeks, she was turning the a/c down further and fan higher as the unit was not cooling as it should.

A buddy mentioned his 2012 CRV Honda a/c gets low every 2 yrs.  No leaks have been found. He just had the a/c serviced , evac , re-fill, leak checked

The leaking battery thing I remember as a kid. I had not seen it for a very long time. THOUGHT it was gone :D
  It is BACK :evil: I have seen it a LOT. To the point as: Stuff I don't use often. Use it take the batteries out. Different brands(including button batteries). Come to think of it those $store D cells which seem to be the very best in D cell batteries I don't think I have seen one of them leak.
  I dunno..I don't think I have seen any leak at the ends? White goo? The leaks I see seem to be on the side seams and clear acidy stuff.

WZ JUNK

I am continuing with the rebuild of my just nearly finished 54 Chevy.  Sometimes it seems that I am building a whole new car one piece at a time.  I replace a relatively new part with another new part.   This week it is the rear brakes.  I have replaced nearly everything in the braking system and I still do not have rear brakes.  I will continue working on this system.  I am a master brake bleeder. :D

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am continuing with the rebuild of my just nearly finished 54 Chevy.  Sometimes it seems that I am building a whole new car one piece at a time.  I replace a relatively new part with another new part.   This week it is the rear brakes.  I have replaced nearly everything in the braking system and I still do not have rear brakes.  I will continue working on this system.  I am a master brake bleeder. :D

John

Gee Wizz John....At the rate you are going with parts replacement on your Chevy, people are going to start thinking that you started with a Mustang parts car .... :shock:  :?  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Well I have been tearing engines apart for a few days now. My 302 decided to pick up a bottom end noise and crush my hopes for a pleasant car cruising summer.
A buddy of mine came threw with a free engine he had in the garage for few years so I ran out and picked it up on Wednesday, by Wednesday night I found out it had a cracked head and the water had ruined the cylinder.  
The same buddy said "Well I have more engines" so I picked up the second free engine on Thursday and found it to be a 87 302 roller  engine with clean oil and no gunk in the engine. I told him we were good to go so I started pulling the engine out of mine for the swap. Before heading in for the night I remembered to pull one of the mains to check wear and that was the end of that engine swap.
So it now Monday and we are planning on getting an engine built for the 46. Wish me luck for a quick turnaround.

Oh and I have been working on the power disc brake conversion in Vickie's Torino parts car for over a month now and we are still having issue with that one. Someone PLEASE tell me why Ford put two proportioning valves on the brake system.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.