What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Weeks ago:  a few cabinet doors in the kitchen needed hinges replaced.  I found some correct ones online.  Soft closing too!

You guys know the story. The wife really likes the soft closing hinges.  SO: this morning I retro fitted the remainder of the kitchen cabinet  doors with soft close hinges. One per door does the job.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I spent the day with Hooley at a nostalgia drag race.  Hooley went out in the 3rd round.  He was ahead but lifted at the end and lost.  It was a fun day but a very hot day.

The old chevy made the trip without any problems.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

I spoke to soon.  Took the "Lil Red Devil" out for a drive today.  It died on the road with me 4 times in just a few miles.  I had anouther shock when I went to roll up the drivers door window and found that the glass is broke.  It is haunted.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Wow, John. I don't know what you're doing but I hope it doesn't spread. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

John , this is just a hunch but are there any of KB's mustang parts in there?

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"John , this is just a hunch but are there any of KB's mustang parts in there?

Hey KB...You just might be on to something there .... :roll:  :roll:  :?  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

TRYING to repair a pretty much not repairable COMPLETELY ROTTED gas tank flap. Not even sure where I will start. Me thinks some sort of fiberglass sandwich..with the rot in the middle :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Chevy 2.8 EFI V6 engine... in scrap metal dumpster.  I am cleaning out my shop. This is sorta , Kinda,  prep work for retirement.  Need to reduce the pile of stuff I have.
Tony

chimp koose

got back on a mini chopper project with my students this week . we may get it running next week. a bunch of little stuff to do and its a runner . it has languished in the shop for quite a while as the chopper shows on tv died off and so did student interest in the bike . I told myself I was not going to build it by myself . if we get it finished I will likely take it to the salt flats next summer as I am not going there this year.

kb426

Tony, I'm not much of a older v6 fan so that appears to be necessary. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, I'm not much of a older v6 fan so that appears to be necessary. :)

The small V6 was for this 1959 Triumph car...  A project that never really got started.

The car may go to the scrap yard too.  I've got too much stuff to move, I need to  clear out stuff.
Tony

58 Yeoman

Tony, if you were closer, I'd take that Triumph off your hands for yard art.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Put the tires n wheels on the Morris , 1962 car..  Front axle is tack welded onto spring brackets.  I gave it 5.5 degrees of caster.

Not a roller yet, unless you count the roller cart under the back end. LOL
Tony

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "kb426"Tony, I'm not much of a older v6 fan so that appears to be necessary. :)

The small V6 was for this 1959 Triumph car...  A project that never really got started.

The car may go to the scrap yard too.  I've got too much stuff to move, I need to  clear out stuff.

That looks like a perfect place to plug in a complete FWD drivetrain / frame from a junkyard with an efi gas tank. Is it skinnier than a Civic, for example?

I know trying to sell thngs like that is sometimes futile it just sucks. No, I'm not interested. :lol:  Prolly full of scorps anyhow. :roll:
Matt

chimp koose

last day of classes today before exams . I sat each of my students behind the wheel of the t coupe and we pushed each other for a lap around the parking lot for a "drive". it was my first time steering the car too . Good bunch of kids and they enjoyed their "drive"