What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I took some boxes to the burn barrel out by the tool shed. Walked past a couple shrubs, came back into the house to find a tick on my leg. I've heard it's going to be a bad year for them.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

A little after 5:30 am at McDonalds this morning, a Dodge 1 ton dually rolls in with a trailer. One the trailer is a car I can't make out in the darkness. An older man comes in and I ask if it's his project. He said it was someone elses about 40 years ago. While he gets his order I walk outside to have a look see. It appeared to be a 1956 Studebaker Champion 4 door sedan with the back cut out. It had some kind of a 40"s truck cab rear attached to the front half on the top ranchero style. Behind the rear wheel wells, the rear had been replaced with a 56 chevy rear. No tail gate seen. I came back inside and asked the owner about this. He lives in Alabama. He came up here to get that deal just for the engine. He said he has lots of cars and he's " old and gonna die" so he's been down sizing because he has more than he can do. He went out the door and I commented that he must be from a small town because he left his truck running and the driver's door wide open. It's a shame he didn't stay awhile. I bet it would have been interesting. :)
TEAM SMART

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"...came back into the house to find a tick on my leg. I've heard it's going to be a bad year for them.

It shouldn't be so, Phil.    There is still an abundance of legs around!  :roll:

Or, did you mean a bad year for legs?   :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

58 Yeoman

It's going to be a bad year for legs, hands, eyes, ears and headaches. Same as last year. :lol:

Left hearing aid died yesterday, but Costco fixed it on the spot. Seems the reciever went bad. Going to University of Iowa on Tuesday for my semi-annual eye checkup making sure that that melanoma isn't coming back. I didn't sign up for this...

Oh yeah, I forgot. A couple little spots of skin cancer are showing up on my face...one where they'd already done surgery. Have fun out there, but stay out of the sun.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

The "Red Devil" with "Dracula" today.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

^^^^^
Did you get to go for a ride?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^
Did you get to go for a ride?

That biplane is a real hot rod and a single seater.  I am not sure I would want to ride with him anyway, but he is a lot of fun.  He had 3 of his planes out today at his hanger and he had been practicing before it got hot.  That big old radial blows a lot of heat back on him.

http://www.franklinairshow.com/

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I've ran across that name before, John. To me, this is an example of "always surround yourself with the best and brightest " because of the outcome. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

spent some time doing up a heater for the T . The one I got at the swap meet had a bum heater core and a replacement was $200 . I had a good core from a chevette or a ranger , cant remember which , so I made a heater box and a mount for the fan and then I sectioned the body of the old heater to slide over this one . Now I have an old heater with all new guts .

kb426

Tomorrow I start my 4 day a week work schedule. I mowed the yard so I can play hot rod for the next couple of days. :) A 3 day weekend in the summer is a gift from the summer god to me. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Friday evening...  I killed 11 scorpions in the yard.  One had babies on it's back.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I'm re-arranging the storage shed this morning. My reason for the last 2 projects was to get rid of the spare sets of wheels and tires. I just threw out the boxes I was keeping in case I sold the wheels by themselves. :) I have a set of steelies with trim rings left. I'm not to strong on the current steel wheel trend so they're buried in the corner. :) Work space in the garage will be a tiny bit better when I finish. :)
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Crosley"Friday evening...  I killed 11 scorpions in the yard.  One had babies on it's back.

Can't remember the last time I saw a scorpion here....with or without babies....
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

idrivejunk

I heard them on the radio Friday. :lol:

KB theres another set of cheap Bullitts with tires on CL here now. :-o  :lol:  I'd get them for the GT if I could.

This morning was already unusual, I saw a fresh and messy wreck scene next restaurant over from Braum's. Gals at the drive thru said both drivers high tailed it on foot and one SUV was loaded with beer cans. Northwest Arkansas drivers are out to kill, simple as that. I've completely lost my driving nerve.

Yesterday the neighbor lady finally got my message about not throwing grass on my GP when she mows. The conversation just happened to lead into an opportunity to bring it up so I showed her the picture from last year with grass piled on my hood, belt molding, and drip rail, and covering a wheel up to the hub. She had done it again last week so I siezed the opportunity. All is well but if she tells anybody else its for sale I will shout in her face until she is thoroughly ashamed!

Thinking of setting up a makeshift apparatus in the back yard today to see if I can maybe start knocking down that dead tree over the fence. :?
Matt

sirstude

Went to a rod run here yesterday and a guy had purchased this RMR recently.  Says there is a soft record that they are going after (145 now).  Fun to look at.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us