What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Tony -a please accept our condolences on the passing of your son. Now, take care of you and your wife. I hope you have good luck reaching out to the grandchildren. We went through a son's divorce almost 5 years ago and it took close to 4 years for us to all heal and function as a family again.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

John ...That interior is lookin' GOOD  :!:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

John:  careful.  That car may be finished soon.

Well then: you have to sell it.  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"John:  careful.  That car may be finished soon.

Well then: you have to sell it.  :wink:

I was looking at this steering wheel I had on the shelf in the back room the other day.  I may have to start another car.  :D

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I just bought a telescoping gantry crane. I've had enough of the PITA of removing body parts with what I had. I have had to borrow a fork lift and a boom truck on occasion. I'm trying not to use up my friends. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"I just bought a telescoping gantry crane. I've had enough of the PITA of removing body parts with what I had. I have had to borrow a fork lift and a boom truck on occasion. I'm trying not to use up my friends. :)

Does the bird from Gantry find his friends with the telescope then bring them home to fly your truck parts to and fro? That is nifty. I bet storks can haul more of them babies than cranes any day. Are there not storks in the dessert? Why, back in my day... :shock:  :lol:  :roll:  :arrow:

:lol:

Seriously that sounds like a wise purchase to me. :)  Be real handy.

Ordered some new back tires for the 69 GP today so I don't "Ugly" it up. :wink: Been a long long time since I drove it with small ones. :0-0
Matt

Beck

John, I'm likin' that interior.

idrivejunk

I had a slag ball melt into a fingernail yesterday, that was a new one on me. Shook my hand but it stayed there. That hurt for a minute.
Matt

BFS57

Hello;
Now you know why I never learned welding!
On another note THOSE DARN NEW HEADERS are living up to problems. When I purchased them, I thought that I hope they would clear the steering box, which the drivers side fit terrific, but I wasn't home safe!! Now for the passengers side, First the darn things hit the Pitman mounting bolt, turned the bolt around, problem solved! then they are hitting the starter! *!
Now I got to try to either replace the starter or "clock" the starter in a different position (180) to see if that works!
Fixing this 57 chevy is turning into "fixing" a lot of things that should of been fixed a long time ago.
So far the Wiwood brakes are looking quite fine, Stainless lines for the front are pretty much ran! (had to take the power steering pump off} but up grading to serpentine system, looks like sooner than later!

Bruce

phat46

Quote from: "idrivejunk"I had a slag ball melt into a fingernail yesterday, that was a new one on me. Shook my hand but it stayed there. That hurt for a minute.

Ouch, hurt for a minute huh? It will feel better when it stops hurting!  😄

I clipped my left thumbnail for the first time in 11 1/2 months, I pulled it off the end of last April loading my just purchased motorcycle onto a carrier. I gabbed the bottom of the lower leg of the forks and stuck my thumb through a window on the brake rotor, when the wheel landed it rotated and pulled the nail off ....from the cuticle end! My brother who is a firefighter, EMT looked at it and said...that looks like it hurts! Gotta love brothers!

idrivejunk

I got real lucky, it was a small slag ball and didn't get through. It did hurt for a second minute then it quit. Nothing like when I bounced a jigsaw off one, or when a bit broke and I drilled it, or when half the Cat body sat on it while I waited for help. Blood, sweat, and tears are car passion.

Serviced GTP air filter yesterday  :roll: It was too cold for me to want to practice launches on new skinny GP rubber but I did get some in before the storm front came through.
Matt

WZ JUNK

The front interior of the car is nearly done except for repainting the console.  The rear side panels are done except for the arm rest.   I am struggling with a design for the rear seat that mimics the pattern in the front seats.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

58 Yeoman

Picture your bucket seats as one. Could you make the same pattern for the rear, but have a slightly wider center "stripe" for a better word? Do the same on the ends?

It's really looking good, John.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Picture your bucket seats as one. Could you make the same pattern for the rear, but have a slightly wider center "stripe" for a better word? Do the same on the ends?

It's really looking good, John.

I think I agree with you.  Here is a rough draft of what I have in mind.  Only the horizontal and vertical lines will be on the new cover.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

UGLY OLDS

John ..That's lookin' better & better ...And the back seat idea looks PERFECT  8)  
Just make sure that the panels on the upper & lower cushions line up vertically after installation ..... :idea:
(Don't ask me how I know that ....... :oops:  :lol: )  

Go for it  :!:  :!:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****