What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

No, this is the factory motorcycle cable. There are nuts on each side of the bracket. I must not have had them right enough. The design is fine.

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Beck

Saltillo, TN is my next one, on May 19.

There will be much better traction there.
All dirt is not created the same.

kb426

The reasonable spring weather left for a few days. Low of 15 tonight. No outside activities planned. :) Parts are arriving for the F100 rust bucket. I hope the cold doesn't ruin them . LOL
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

KB if you're gonna call it that we are gonna need to see the actual bucket, full. Because rust two thirds of a bucket exceeds the number of Scrabble points allowable in a build title and this would be your second recent offense that I know of, on that.

Today I just played Pontiac Cat builder and Pontiac driver as usual then helped Dad play with the furnace and Mom with the new cat. Man if it ain't dogs its Cats. :roll:  :lol:

Pontiac :D
Matt

kb426

I woke to 17 degrees and snow this am. No outside plans today. I guess I can always start doing rust repair on fenders. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

We finished the drivers seat and we have started on the door panels.  I made the first pattern panel yesterday.  The bare panels are about the same color as the vinyl we are using.   We plan a simple design that uses the same pattern as the seats.  I actually have the pattern drawn on the panel but it is so light it is not visible in the picture.  The bottom of the door panel will have carpet.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

NSRA mini nats at OKC this weekend.  I think the forecasted weather calls for below freezing temperatures until nearly noon.  I have attended this show in the past when the weather was marginal but not this bad.  I wonder how many showed up?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Bare with me: I need to put this out there. A few folks here know this already.  We have kept this close and off social media.  My wife is taking this hard and I am there with her.

In early February 2018 we received word from an investigator for the Santa Clara medical examiner in San Jose Ca, they are looking for next of kin of a person with:  Our son's full name is listed.  Of all places: this message was to my wife thru Facebook. The message was 2 weeks old, my wife does not do much Facebook stuff.

Short version of a long troubled story is : our son was found dead on december 19,  2017. He was 44 yrs old. December 19 also happens to be his birthday. I was officially notified on February 5th, 2018 of his death. Our son had no contact info on him for his children or us.  I accepted responsibility for his body and proceeded to hire a funeral company in San Jose for direct cremation. The Coroner wanted 1600 dollars storage fees. Funeral director got that waved per the Coroner's own rules: I (father) was just officially notified & accepted responsibility for the remains 24 hours earlier. It was not my fault there was a 7+ week delay in this.

My son had stopped communicating with his children and  us  in late August 2017.  In a bit over 3 months, he had become homeless, living on the street. He died along side a busy express roadway in San Jose. Apparently he was sleeping in the landscaping.

When he was here at our house July 2017. He was the happiest we have seen in 10 years. His divorce was near final. He was finishing one IT Programing  job contract, on the hunt for another. He had mapped out some plans for the next year on stuff. Then: 6 weeks later; he stopped answering email , text msg, phone calls from us and his children.

I requested & received autopsy & toxicology reports on my son. The autopsy report takes a strong stomach to read. It is very dry, descriptive & clinical to read.  His hypertension had taken it's toll on his body. Many organs were damaged from high blood pressure. He often told me he had his BP under control. This autopsy report tells a different story. There is a reason hypertension is called the silent killer.  It is.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Sorry to hear that, Tony. You have my condolences.

My sister died in 2013 (we weren't close), and we didn't know about it until about a month later when her first ex called us to say that he saw a notice in a small paper. She had a couple 'friends' that became her executors, and they didn't notify us, but had her change her will so they got everything. We were lucky that they gave us the family photo's.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Tony (Thats my brother's name, too)...

Thank you sir for having the guts to post that. What a reality check. There are times when a clean break is merciful, I suppose. Poor guy. You have my utmost sympathy as does your family.
Matt

Beck

Tony,  Sorry for your loss. The worst I have been through is the loss of my father, but at 90 with a good life I could cope. I cannot imagine the loss of a child.

phat46

Tony, I am sorry hear this, my condolences. It would be difficult to lose a child under any circumstances, these are just heart breaking.

UGLY OLDS

Tony ....Our thoughts & Prayers are with you & your family .....Losing a child is the worst possible thing we can have happen......

Bob..  :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****