What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that Tony. He was about the same age as my younger son. I can imagine how I would feel.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

Tony , sorry for your loss . take care of yourself . I can not imagine how I would deal with the situation if it were me .

50 F1

Rochie

Sorry for your loss Tony, may he rest in peace.

papastoyss

So sorry for your loss. Our son is a 2 time cancer survivor, you're not supposed to have to bury your kids.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Crosley.In.AZ

Guys: Thanks for the comments. It has been a rough road for us.

Our son's separation & divorce from his wife was long and ugly. He left her 3+ yrs ago because she was addicted to opioid pain killers. She spent all the money on doctor shopping, buying pills: They lost the house, furniture,  every thing. They had all their stuff in a U-Haul truck. That was stolen and cleaned out.

My son was not paying proper attention to what was happening at home. That is on him. He was lying to us on what the problem was after he found out. We suspected drug use by his wife. We did not know the depth of the problems.

The older girls (21 & 19) are taking their mother's side of all this mess. So , they are not interested in talking to us (grand parents). That makes this all more difficult. There are 3 younger children, we hope to see them all again some day.

I explained the whole story on my son's death, he was homeless, wondering the streets I am sure.  Often when I see a homeless person living under blue tarps or begging for money.  I wonder what the "back side" story is. What is the reason they are living like they are.

Thanks again. We are adjusting to our new normal here. With all the people around you , just remember  there may be more going on in that person's life than you know.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Cword

Wow Tony. That's a rough tale, I'm sorry to hear of your loss and the heartache your family is going through.
--

Cword

35 years is all I got out of the coil overs in my roadster. One started peeing oil in February so this past weekend I pulled them in anticipation of the arrival of a brown truck delivering the new set.

Once I had them out I took the springs off and ran outside to take some spring pictures in our garden.

Mike
--

UGLY OLDS

Gee Mike ....  I don't know what you are growing in that garden, but this years crop seems to be very bountiful..... :shock:
All those plants & flowers seem to be the same color .... :?
Or is white the prefered color this year  :?:  :?:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Quote from: "Cword"spring pictures in our garden.

That's a good one Mike. :)
When you brought them back in, was that considered spring clean up? :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Cword

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "Cword"spring pictures in our garden.

That's a good one Mike. :)
When you brought them back in, was that considered spring clean up? :)

Yes! Spring Cleaning was a big part of that afternoon.  I tried tossing them in the air for a Spring is in the air picture, but my phone puts too much priority on focusing and I couldn't get the shot.
I also took them to the front garden for this "Shifting into Spring" picture.
--

kb426

Nice to see you haven't let winter freeze your sense of humor! :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

I think I see what he did there ...^^^^^^^^^^^ :?  Maybe ...Kinda.... :?  ~:)  ~:)  :(D)  :(D)

Maybe it's time for meds again..... :shock:

Now where did they put that little bus.... :roll:  :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Drivers door is done.  I will start on the passenger door in the morning.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH