What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Gee Tony ....I thought you had the little devils trained to stay out of the house   :?:  :?:  :roll:  
Are they at least paying their rent on time  :?:  :?  :roll:  :shock:

Bob... :wink:

Not trained , it appears.    

Out here in Arizona the scorpion are on the news as the season starts for them.  When it warms up at night, the scorpions come out to feed.  That is why you need the UV light to see them in the dark.

The liquid and granules are expansive, but they work very well on the scorps.  I  have started spreading and spraying ... should be under control soon.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I started 'restoring' a traffic light that the plant manager gave me back in 2014 before I retired. It's only two lights, stop and go that were used for in plant rail traffic. I have two of them, and finally got some time to start on at least one. I'm not totally restoring it, just making it look better. The building had been painted a number of times, and they really messed them up, as they didn't care if they painted them or not, as they were no longer in use.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

Continuing work on the upholstery.  We have finished the back seat back and now we are working on the back seat bottom.  There continues to be mistakes and we have again lowered our standards some more.  Overall the project is going okay.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

^^^^^^
John is my friend. We think in similar ways. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

With the work he has been doing on his interior, John is very soon going to be my new ,closest, bestest ,super close friend EVER  :!:  :!:  :shock:  8)  8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Cword

More Power, this time outside the shop. Panels went up yesterday, electrical inspection is Monday.
--

WZ JUNK

This has been a big project for two old people who have had back surgery but we are on the home stretch now.  The back seat is done.  Last is the refinish of the console and the sun visors.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

58 Yeoman

Phil

purplepickup

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"The back seat is done.  
John
Hard to believe you had to lower your standards to end up with such a great looking job.  :shock:
George

kb426

Looks good, Mr. and Mrs. John. :) You have 3 seat belts. Who is small enough to sit in the middle?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"Looks good, Mr. and Mrs. John. :) You have 3 seat belts. Who is small enough to sit in the middle?

3 grandchildren will sit in the backseat for trips to the Dairy Queen.

Thanks guys for the ataboys.  You gain a lot of respect for a trade or a skill when you do a little of it yourself.  I will look at an upholstery job a lot differently in the future.

I wanted to build one car that I did all the work myself and although I had a little help on this one, we did almost everything.

Today there is a Nostalgia Funny Car meet at the local dragstrip.  There is also a gasser show.  One of my friends is doing a gasser match race.  The "Outhouse Mouse" 32 Chevy coupe and "Poison Gas", Model A.  I will build some concrete forms this morning for a little job at the house, and then take the afternoon off to go to the dragstrip.

http://www.mokandragway.com/event_info/funny_car_chaos.html

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

I wanted to build one car that I did all the work myself and although I had a little help on this one, we did almost everything.

John

I did that with my 58 Chevy, except for the interior. The interior was all vinyl, and was crispy from sitting in the OK sun. I took what was left to a local upholsterer and let him do his thing. I installed it all myself. I think he did a great job. He had some Car Craft magazines that he said he did the upholstery on the cover cars. His name was Ray Zwicka; don't know if anyone here has heard of him.

Phil

kb426

John, I understand your statement about doing it all. When people ask about who did my stuff, I say, "I did it, that's why it's not very good". :) Are you going to let the grandkids eat in the back seat??? :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"John, I understand your statement about doing it all. When people ask about who did my stuff, I say, "I did it, that's why it's not very good". :) Are you going to let the grandkids eat in the back seat??? :)

This car is a driver, not a show car.  We plan to take trips with it, and use this car for daily use.  We are going to eat ice cream,and eat hamburgers, but no tacos.  It is supposed to be a no stress vehicle.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

UGLY OLDS

John ..That looks professional enough for me ..... );b(    I am now going to appoint you as my newest , bestest, friend ... 8)  

Let me know when you are ready for my seats .....I can drop the off on my way to Bills with my fenders .. :idea:  :idea:
( He thinks that I forgot.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ) ....

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****