What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"Next step is a bridge.
I have a bridge to sell you. It's in Brooklyn.
George

kb426

George to the rescue! LOL.
John, the seat is looking good. What happened to the sewing machine?
Beck, the video's were a hoot! I have a history with 2 strokes so I'm more than a passing fan. Why did the pilots lean way back at the full pull line? Weight transfer?
Hope you 2 with health issues are doing well.
Tomorrow is Good Friday. Here's hoping it is to all the members. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Next step is a bridge.
I have a bridge to sell you. It's in Brooklyn.

It's too small. I have a big mouth because I have to fit my foot in it so much.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"
John, the seat is looking good. What happened to the sewing machine?

The short answer is a problem with the thread tension.  It is changing each time we install a new bobbin and the tension needs frequent adjusting.  The last couple of days it has improved and needs little adjusting.  I hope our luck with that continues.

Yesterday I worked on a method and pattern to cover the sun visors.

Next I will cut the material for the other front seat.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Beck

The 1st class of the day is over for me. I didn't qualify for the finals. It's a sandy track. Very little traction. I ran with less weight on the front than I ever had before. I should have moved all the weights to the rear. I was chicken.

The next class is 100 lb heavier. I plan to put 80 lb of that in back.

It doesn't matter how much I spend or how hard I work on the tractor, the driver doesn't get better.

WZ JUNK

Passenger seat is done and in the car.  We have patterns for the drivers seat and we will cut out the material for it on Monday morning. Our goal for next week is to make the drivers seat cover, sun shades, and start on the door panels.  We are saving the rear seat for last.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

You should be in the upholstery business. That looks better than factory.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

It appears Harbor Freight has dropped - discontinued or something:  the budget sheet metal bead roller.  

I need to roll some beads sheet metal for the floor in my 1948 Simca drag race car.

Guess I will look at Summit Race or similar places for a bead roller at my price point. Cheap!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
The short answer is a problem with the thread tension.  It is changing each time we install a new bobbin and the tension needs frequent adjusting.  The last couple of days it has improved and needs little adjusting.  I hope our luck with that continues.

John

My wife has owned a Nakajima industrial sew machine for 30 yrs. It is a clutch type motor, not servo motor.

We had thread tension problems with it about 15 yrs ago.  Finally took it in for repair. the tech guy showed my wife a few items on it for adjustment.  he had the thread tension so  much tighter than she had ever set it.

The machine still sews great.  I have thought about a servo motor conversion on it. We hear the servo motors work well.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I drove the Chevy to Mount Vernon, Mo to meet the SWMO Hot Rod 100 at Hot Shoe Hot Rod Shop .    There were over 200 cars traveling as a group.  It makes for some interesting and colorful traffic jams.

http://hotshoehotrods.com/index.html  They are a sub contractor for some of the bigger suppliers of hot rod stuff.  A very interesting shop.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

Tony, I can testify that the servo is a very useful upgrade. John, I have seen that name many times. Did you get the driver's seat finished or are you using the 5 gallon bucket? :)
TEAM SMART

GPster

Friday evening I drove the Jeepster (without backing into my garage door again) to the neighbor's garage to put it on his lift and getting it up into the air. I had hired his grandson to pull the rear axles and change the brake backing plates on the rear end. With take accomplished we installed new brake cylinders, new steel lines, new brake shoes, new hardware and new emergency brake cables. I had wanted to have it up in the air so I could see everything better for eliminating the automatic brake adjusters and the ABS sensors. This rear end came out of a 4WD, 4dr. S10  but it must have had some special rear end package (Highway Patrol?) because nothing was the same as standard. Now everything is new and standard. Drove it home and now it's just waiting for me to bleed the brakes and adjust them. I had to put the tarp back over it because there's rain/snow in the forecast and it probably won't be back in it's garage until after the contractor installs the new garage door. With friends from California staying for four days an Airb*b guest with 2 dogs staying for four days, a friend's dog and parakeets staying for two weeks and the work on the Jeepster I'm tired. GPster

Beck

Final, quick update on my weekend pull.
My results in the 2nd class on Fri were improved but still not up to my expectations. I went up a gear and ran pretty light on the front, but neither corrections were enough.
Sat was a repeat of the 2nd Fri event. Everyone was getting better. I went for broke and put a bigger gear yet in. I put all the weights that would fit in the rear of the tractor there. I still carried about 45# on the front, just because they wouldn't fit in front. Never would I have dreamed to try this before. After a * start the tractor hooked, and I was flying. I knew I had a good hook going. UNTIL 15 ft from the end. The motor stopped so fast I though I broke it big time. Turns out the throttle cable came off the bracket at the injectors and the butterflies slammed shut. I would have qualified for the finals easily. The sled operator came up to me later and said I had his attention. I was moving!
That was 3 hooks on a new set of tires. They are pretty torn up. I guess I need to send them off to be resharpened already.
Next hook is May 19.

kb426

Beck, glad to hear it was minor. Is this a place that Morse style quick release ball and socket could be used?
TEAM SMART