What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

That wagon is going to be NICE . Always liked the sedan deliveries . A friend has a 64 falcon sedan delivery , kinda rare bird .

UGLY OLDS

PPsssstttt.......Hey Dave ..... :?   That's NOT a Ford...... :oops:  :lol:    Do you have tools that will fit   :?:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"PPsssstttt.......Hey Dave ..... :?   That's NOT a Ford...... :oops:  :lol:    Do you have tools that will fit   :?:

Bob... :wink:

I have a hammer, vice grips and channel locks. I should be good.

I wish I had the cash to put a 427 "Cammer" in it just freak out the Chevy guys when I said it had a 427. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

GPster

Well I read here every day but I've been keeping my mouth shut because with flood scares this last month most of what I've done has not been car related. The first flood scare had us worried about a flooded basement so most of the basement stuff took residence in my garage. That flood didn't happen but there was a high point to it. I got the Jeepster off the jack stands and backed it out of the garage under it's own power. The next flood scare would not only filled our basement but would also have put water in my garage. So Tables had to be made and every thing (basement and garage stuff) got moved off the floor. Then the scare was made worse. They were predicting 47' which would have put the basement full, 4' in the garage and probably 18" in our house. That was bad but with the Jeepster able to run and move I could have gotten it to higher ground. today the sun was out and I started the Jeepster up, drove it around in the back yard so I could back it in to the garage. I still need to get the rear end up so I can pull the axles to change the backing plates and rebuild the brakes. It still has to stay outside because  my garage is still a basement storage area so my garage door was still pulled closed. Without a rear view mirror I had to slide around to see where I was backing. I gave it a little gas and when I got close to the door I went for the brake. I hit my 12' metal roll-up door and pushed it in about 3'. It went far enough to knock over two tables of basement stuff and just missed hitting an old Ford radiator that I was going to try to sell at a swap meet this weekend. Well I got the door back into it's track and I think I'll just give-up for the rest of the day. GPster

kb426

You guys have been way more interesting than me. I'm going to go back to the corner and be quiet. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I finished up a T5 transmission today, the last part I needed finally came in. I returned the wrong parts they sent for the TR 6060 I am doing, and ordered the parts for the next T5 I have to build. This part situation is getting stupid.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

just got back in to town from my sons wedding today . Small civil service at their home . 20 people , great company and a wonderful time . I got a great daughter in law out of the deal . My grandson is growing like a weed .

58 Yeoman

A couple days ago, we were cutting down more trees and splitting the wood. I needed the Cub Cadet to haul it, so I removed the snow blade and put it behind the shop. Today, I have to clear the snow from our biggest storm of the year. Can't get to the blade, and the snow is probably too wet for the snow blower. It will be an interesting day.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

58 Yeoman

Found out the snow wasn't too bad for the snowblower. A few really wet spots, and I found out that if I push it, it will usually throw out the wet stuff. Took about an hour. Time to cool down. It's tough working up a sweat in 30* weather.

Phil

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Found out the snow wasn't too bad for the snowblower. A few really wet spots, and I found out that if I push it, it will usually throw out the wet stuff. Took about an hour. Time to cool down. It's tough working up a sweat in 30* weather.

HEY  :!:   Ain't you gettin' kinda old for that  :?:   It's going to be melted by Friday anyway.... :roll:

Bob.. :wink:

58 Yeoman

Yeah, the wife said to leave it, it'll melt by Tuesday. We had 6" on the driveway...a bit much to leave.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I cut - fitted - welded 4 bars in to the Morris Cage.

I realized that a triangulation needed to happen at the 4 corners of the cage to frame attachment.

This car will be slow :  may run low 12's on the quarter mile if that.  safety first , I guess
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

picked up my steel rear fenders for the  T coupe today . I bought them months ago . while I was there I asked about T door hinges and got a pair . one is good the other repairable . I will still finish the ones I machined out of a steel block as they will make a better hinge , these will be back up parts if the need arises

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"picked up my steel rear fenders for the  T coupe today
That's OK Matt ...I'll get you a samich or somethin'....Maybe some soup too..... :(  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "chimp koose"picked up my steel rear fenders for the  T coupe today
That's OK Matt ...I'll get you a samich or somethin'....Maybe some soup too..... :(  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink

All that, plus a bag o chips. :!:  I want twenty bucks worth of whatever you're on. :lol:

Hey, the Catalina owner is due to stop by shortly. :)  Just in time, I have tank braces blasted and some pans laying in place, and its at a good stage to assess whats left. Which is building around stuff we don't have yet mostly. :roll:  This visit should be motivational, we have never seen the guy. :shock:
Matt