What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Warning: Fussy whining, no smileys, and gigantic photo in this post.

Previously shown fender blanket with tiger on it represents Fisk Tire.

Just bought oil change stuff for my Grand Prixs. Theres 3. Cost a hundred seventeen bucks even. Filled up yesterday at over three bucks a gallon. How can anyone do anything but putt to their job and back in the least valuable car available? I can't.  :?:  Degrading my life quality fast as I can isn't enough anymore. Work, brush teeth, go to bed. Repeat. Wears a guy smooth eventually.

At least I am not the guy working on this job. Don't that look like some fun mud work? Thats the Bronco a tree fell on that I put floors in.

Guy who is doing it (stall next to me) heard me gripe about being a couple days short on chow this week came to my house with bags of groceries. I don't understand... I've worked hard all my life. Reckon I should just appreciate the fact I'm not doing upside down bondo and be  :D
Matt

Rrumbler

Quote from: "Cword"I'll be headed down I15 to Temecula during the week of 19 March.
driving a truckload of band equipment so the kids can compete in some winter competitions in San Bernadino and San Diego.
This week I'm building frames so I can double stack Marimbas and Vibraphones, its the only way this whole load is going to fit in one truck.

Have a good trip.  Are you going to be chaperoning, too?  That could put a twist in your tail.  I was the music department's only student roadie during my sophomore and junior years in high school, and we kids could get downright rowdy sometimes.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

phat46

Quote from: idrivejunkWarning: Fussy whining, no smileys, and gigantic photo in this post.

Previously shown fender blanket with tiger on it represents Fisk Tire.

Fisk tires, do they still make them? My Dad used to buy them because they sold them at K Mart...and they were cheap. He put a set on our '64 Dodge wagon that was used as a second family car. I drove the wagon to high school in 1970. It was a 318 with three n the tree, pretty easy to break the right rear loose and impress the guys at school. About six months after he put the Fisks on it the rears were bald...right one was really smooth. My Dad saw that and was grumbling about the * cheap Fisk tires" only last six months.....😬 The car did hook a lot better with "slicks" on it....

idrivejunk

I figured somebody out there might have worked somewhere that sold them but nobody remembers them. I am told the Fisk brand is actually currently sold once again. It's history is spotty but over a century long. :!:

Thanks to whoever fixed the pic. :)

Changed GTP oil just now, been like 5,500 miles. :roll:  Replaced a splash shield screw that fell out. It holds the whole front corner of the body still if its there!  :idea:
Matt

kb426

Last weekend I listed a few things on ebay. They all sold so I thought I'd try a few more. Might not be lucky two weeks in a row. :)
TEAM SMART

Arnold

Trying to figure a way to make one of my roller cabinets higher..from the bottom. I want to add some extra drawers UNDER it.
Sure..just take off the casters and make a base to sit it on..
AHHhh..NOW I remember :idea: all the swivel casters DO NOT come off the bottom of this one :evil: and they don't lock

I'll just make up some sort of plate for the casters to sit on..where I can secure the casters

-10C working inside unheated barn :lol:

416Ford

Quote from: "Arnold"-10C working inside unheated barn :lol:

Next project should be getting heat.      :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

chimp koose

Got my brake pedal arm almost finished , 6:1 ratio , 7/8 bore and the pedal stroke goes the full distance of m/c piston travel , stopping 1/2" from where the carpet will be on the floor and firewall . Sitting in the drivers seat , the pedal seems to be in a comfortable spot . Just need to figure out a pedal pad now . return spring and brake switch to do yet too .

kb426

I just put the snow blower in storage. I haven't used it the last 2 years. :) It was 80 degrees here today. This might be the 1st time I've been warm since last fall.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Had to call 911 last night. At 3:30AM I woke up to the dog barking and someone hollering outside. I saw what looked like a strong flashlight shining behind the garage. I couldn't see the source of the light, just the beam moving around. The lady at 911 said she would keep me on the line until an officer came. After 1/2 hour we sort of ran out of things to say and the cops hadn't shown up yet. Finally she said that the guy had been located and there was a separate matter that didn't involve me...just go back to sleep. Ya, right. I went out to check things and everything was still locked up and untouched.

This morning I walked out in the yard and there were car tracks in the grass going into the back yard. The lights I saw were car lights. On the ground I found a baseball cap, a blonde wig, a sock, and a milk jug. I walked up to the back door and found another baseball cap (flat billed) right next to the back door. Called the cops and they came out and got the stuff but wouldn't tell me much about what happened.  

A little while later a neighbor called to tell me the newspaper website had a story. The guy at my house had offered his girlfriend for sex to a guy half mile down the road in return for gas money. It got all screwy and a shotgun was pulled instead of money exchanged. The pimp guy escaped and left his woman with the guy with the gun who raped her anyway. I guess pimp guy was looking for someone to help him when he came here. Anyway everyone was arrested and things are peaceful again.

I have no idea what the two baseball caps and blond wig were all about.
George

416Ford

Quote from: "purplepickup"Had to call 911 last night. At 3:30AM I woke up to the dog barking and someone hollering outside. I saw what looked like a strong flashlight shining behind the garage. I couldn't see the source of the light, just the beam moving around. The lady at 911 said she would keep me on the line until an officer came. After 1/2 hour we sort of ran out of things to say and the cops hadn't shown up yet. Finally she said that the guy had been located and there was a separate matter that didn't involve me...just go back to sleep. Ya, right. I went out to check things and everything was still locked up and untouched.

This morning I walked out in the yard and there were car tracks in the grass going into the back yard. The lights I saw were car lights. On the ground I found a baseball cap, a blonde wig, a sock, and a milk jug. I walked up to the back door and found another baseball cap (flat billed) right next to the back door. Called the cops and they came out and got the stuff but wouldn't tell me much about what happened.  

A little while later a neighbor called to tell me the newspaper website had a story. The guy at my house had offered his girlfriend for sex to a guy half mile down the road in return for gas money. It got all screwy and a shotgun was pulled instead of money exchanged. The pimp guy escaped and left his woman with the guy with the gun who raped her anyway. I guess pimp guy was looking for someone to help him when he came here. Anyway everyone was arrested and things are peaceful again.

I hope your in BC and not up north.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "purplepickup"Had to call 911 last night. At 3:30AM I woke up to the dog barking and someone hollering outside. I saw what looked like a strong flashlight shining behind the garage. I couldn't see the source of the light, just the beam moving around. The lady at 911 said she would keep me on the line until an officer came. After 1/2 hour we sort of ran out of things to say and the cops hadn't shown up yet. Finally she said that the guy had been located and there was a separate matter that didn't involve me...just go back to sleep. Ya, right. I went out to check things and everything was still locked up and untouched.

Wow, that is not cool!  :shock:

I changed oil in the 455 this weekend, thats about it. Two down, one to go.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Been ill this week. Some how (stuburn)  I did not miss work, actually worked over time on saturday.  Wife thinks I have the flu.  Most of the guys in the dept have been ill the last 2+ weeks, so I knew my turn was coming. They all have or  had the  hacking, coughing up crud, running nose, sneezing .... you guys know the list.

it has been a miserable 2018 so far for us...  I am ready for 2019 or something.  I guess.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

So after getting the wagon on the road and listening to the noisy power steering pump I went about fixing it. I had talked to the company I got the tank from and they sent me another one. Something about a hole in the wrong place causing aeration. Nope that didn't work. So lets buy another seventy five dollar GM type II pump. Nope that didn't work. In the end I bought a Mopar pump from Bouchillion performance. A bolt on unit with the tank and all. I swapped that baby out yesterday and WOW :D  I can't even tell it has a power steering pump. So quiet and it was only $475.00  :shock:
So i'm off to change the timing set in a 2008 Acadia. Need to pay for that one!
Don Colliau

416Ford

Well I needed this in the garage like Bob needs another set of fenders :) I found the 55 Chevy I have been looking for and we were able to get it home yesterday. It is a Handyman wagon with a back seat and two piece tailgate.
This is my next car that I have always know how it would be built and what I want it to look like. Special thanks to my loving wife Vickie for letting me do the crazy things I do.