What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I tore down a T56 today that would not stay in 6th gear. There is a plastic spacer that holds the gear in place that disintegrated, allowing the gear to move forward out of reach to the synchronizer. It must be a common problem because the aftermarket has a steel replacement for it. I am also custom building two T5 transmissions. One for shipping to Australia, and one for California.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"

Of course, we leave the cabinet empty for a few days , watching for leaks to appear.

:!:

i do the same  :roll: then i put a leak frog under the sink

gave one to a sister for their laundry area, saved them a bunch of money/time

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

Frank, do they make better parts for a t5 to upgrade the capacity?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Frank, do they make better parts for a t5 to upgrade the capacity?

Yes, but they start running into money. Even the stock, and stock replacement parts are getting expensive. I just bought a set of high strength gears, not even the tool steel gears, and a rebuild kit with the good carbon fiber syncros, and that cost me close enough to $1000, you would have to eat dinner at Micky Ds.

kb426

^^^^
Thank you. I'll remove that thought from the possibles.  :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

This big cat was laying on the big Cat this morning. My buddy thought of me when he found it in the corner of a barn. Verifiable by scent. Thats gotta make it worth a ton, right?

He thought Pontiac. I thought yeah but also maybe Exxon... any of you guys know? :?:

Apologies for the bigness, I figure it will be at bottom of this page. :roll:

Matt

idrivejunk

That logo seems to be a stumper.

Theres a problem with the forum. It has already cost me an hour or two of post composition by not allowing me to post. I won't make another attempt until I can be assured that won't happen. Now I'll hit submit and hope this post posts.
Matt

enjenjo

Quote from: "idrivejunk"That logo seems to be a stumper.

Theres a problem with the forum. It has already cost me an hour or two of post composition by not allowing me to post. I won't make another attempt until I can be assured that won't happen. Now I'll hit submit and hope this post posts.

I think it's fixed.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"

I think it's fixed.

Thanks  :)
Matt

purplepickup

Purrrrrformance was a marketing thing for Hedman Husler Hedders about 50 years ago but I don't know about the tiger..

George

idrivejunk

I did run across that while searching for the answer. 5 r's but no cigar. I know what it's from now, found it on a fluke after a browser crash. It is less kool than hedders and probably a bit older than it looks. I am thoroughly enjoying holding the answer  :lol:  so nobody needs to think too hard about it. :wink:

Cool ad, by the way. 8)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"

Of course, we leave the cabinet empty for a few days , watching for leaks to appear.

:!:

i do the same  :roll: then i put a leak frog under the sink

gave one to a sister for their laundry area, saved them a bunch of money/time

later jim

I guess it would get my wife's attention.  I can not hear the noise the frog thingy makes.

Asked the wife to watch the short vid.  She says it is high pitched beeping. Many areas of the upper frequencies are gone from my hearing.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Cword

I'll be headed down I15 to Temecula during the week of 19 March.
driving a truckload of band equipment so the kids can compete in some winter competitions in San Bernadino and San Diego.
This week I'm building frames so I can double stack Marimbas and Vibraphones, its the only way this whole load is going to fit in one truck.
--

WZ JUNK

I think we have the bugs worked out of the sewing machine and we will try to cover the kick panels today.  A big part of the complications was old thread.   Another one of the problems with my machine is that it is a production commercial machine and it is designed to sew very fast.  My wife and I on the other hand require it to run very slow.  I modified it again with changes to the bell cranks and an adjustable pedal stop to regulate the speed.  It is not perfect but it is useable now.  Newer machines have electronic speed controls but ours is all mechanical and since we will only use it for this job, I am not going to change it over.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Cword"I'll be headed down I15 to Temecula during the week of 19 March.
driving a truckload of band equipment so the kids can compete in some winter competitions in San Bernadino and San Diego.
This week I'm building frames so I can double stack Marimbas and Vibraphones, its the only way this whole load is going to fit in one truck.

Gee....Isn't that going to be a kinda-noisey ride  :?:

Good on you for helpin' out the kids .... );b(  );b(  );b(

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****