What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

We were near 60*, so my wife washed and waxed her car, I washed my truck, burned up some brush, and we picked up large rocks in the ditch by the road. She puts them around her flower beds. The county is going to replace the whistle under my driveway this spring, and all those rocks would get hauled away anyway. I've got someone to do the landscaping after the county is done. C'mon spring...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

I had the 'roto-rooter' procedure done to my prostate this morning. I've had better days, but I suppose the plumbing will work better in the long run.
George

kb426

George, I had a few friends that have had that done. They said you have to re-learn but everything ended well. Best wishes to you. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

George:  Things will go well for you.  Couple friends had the roto rooter program.

About 1 year ago: I went in for my 2 times a year  blood work.  Told the doc something was different in the prostate area. No pain. Mild discomfort at times, things just  felt: 'different". A full check out proceeded and results were all good.

My doc is an older guy.  At my last doctor visit on this subject: We ended up talking about our grand son's and how far they can pee at age 7. LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

more work on the T brake set up . Getting near done.

WZ JUNK

Yesterday we drove to Tulsa and bought the materials to upholster the 54 Chevy.  I moved the sewing machine out into the shop and set up a large table.  The headliner and carpet were done last spring.  Now it is time for the seats and door panels. The fun begins next week.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

This rooter thing, think a friend had that and described a corkscrew lookin tool. In 2011 I passed over 50 stones in about 20 seconds and I am reminded of the showerhead in the CLR commercial daily. Reckon if I knew what that treatment was really called I could study up. :idea:
Matt

Carnut

I just replaced all 3 OEM 17yrs old windshield wipers on my 02 PT Cruiser. It was a bit of a learning experience for this old codger.

I ordered a set of cheap ANCO's at about $1.50 ea and a set of more expensive TRICO's at about $4.50 ea.

ANCO's showed up first and got installed all around. Guess the quality difference must be in the rubber by all appearances they were identical to my OEM's.

Guess I'll have the TRICO's as backups.

Things tend to last a bit longer on my rides since they are all very infrequently driven and are kept in a somewhat climate controlled environment.

50 F1

Yesterday I helped a good friend cut the entire top off his 57 Ford and put a top on off a donor car. A, B and C posts were rotted bad. And it was rusted all along the drip rail. The car spent allot of its life in Florida. Salt mist did it I guess. Started at 10:00am and were across the street eating tacos and having a beer at 3:00 pm. He had all the reference measurements done and the inside of the car all braced with tubing before hand.

He had me do the cutting, fitting and welding. I had a great time. My friend is about 14 years older than me and he has been doing this stuff all his life. I learned allot.

Mike

kb426

Mike, that's a good story. :) I spent a lot of yesterday washing vehicles. I crawled under the 32 for a look see and discovered an ac hose leaking on a crimped fitting. I thought the ac hoses would outlast me. :) It got up to 80 degrees yesterday. In a couple of days we'll be back in the freezer.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Kitchen sink faucet replacement today.  Bought new faucet 4 yrs ago. Single stalk , pull out hose deal.  We have used them before.

2 yrs ago , the pull out hose sprung a leak, replaced under warranty. yesterday, the hose sprung another leak.

Today , we bought a non pull out hose design.  It seems all these hoses last now are 1 - 2 yrs from what I have learned. So:  I am done with them.
Tony

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"Kitchen sink faucet replacement today.  Bought new faucet 4 yrs ago. Single stalk , pull out hose deal.  We have used them before.

2 yrs ago , the pull out hose sprung a leak, replaced under warranty. yesterday, the hose sprung another leak.

Today , we bought a non pull out hose design.  It seems all these hoses last now are 1 - 2 yrs from what I have learned. So:  I am done with them.

My wife no longer allows me to work under the kitchen sink.  The language I used to describe the engineer who designs plumbing fittings upsets her.   :shock:

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "Crosley"Kitchen sink faucet replacement today.  Bought new faucet 4 yrs ago. Single stalk , pull out hose deal.  We have used them before.

My wife no longer allows me to work under the kitchen sink.  The language I used to describe the engineer who designs plumbing fittings upsets her.   :shock:

John

When I was finished.  My wife commented that I was kinda quiet , so it must have gone well.  It did.  Easiest faucet install I have ever done.  If the garbage disposal was not there, would been easier.

:T)

Of course, we leave the cabinet empty for a few days , watching for leaks to appear.

:!:
Tony

idrivejunk

Today I took down the layers of cardboard, quilts, towels, metal signs, etc that made my bedroom a dungeon for the better part of the last year. It has taken me a couple weeks of no dog and no threats to mentally recover somewhat from the barking drama and convince myself it will not hail lead. Sure is pleasant to see the yard and hear birds. And breathe fresh air again! :D

Unfortunately the end of one nightmare just marks the beginning of the next. Health insurance hike this year put me out of business, can't make the bills now. Knew this since November and now its here. I know how to sleep at least, thank goodness, during brokeness. Anybody need a 99 GP GT?
Matt