What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Looks real good John, now get out in the garage and get
some work done!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

UGLY OLDS

Looks Great  :!:  :!:    What happened to the "Gold Tooth"   :?:  8)  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

QuoteWhat happened to the "Gold Tooth"   :?:  8)  :lol:

It comes and goes with the whim of the owner.  It just slips over any one of the grille teeth.  I also have a black one to make it look like there is a tooth missing.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I had forgot about the tooth. LOL
TEAM SMART

Cword

World of Wheels weekend here in Cowtown, I did some errands and stopped for a few pictures on the way down.
P1040657 by Mike Siewert, on Flickr
--

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
QuoteWhat happened to the "Gold Tooth"   :?:  8)  :lol:

It comes and goes with the whim of the owner.  It just slips over any one of the grille teeth.  I also have a black one to make it look like there is a tooth missing.

John

Not only does the fresh red look great, but the car has an attitude setting on the grille so friends know what kind of day you two are having. I am jelly like donuts. :D
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^
Great pic! BBRRRRRRR! :)

X2! Thats an outstanding pic, Cword. );b(
Matt

enjenjo

I drove down to Columbus Oh today and bought a 392 Hemi for an Australian buddy. Machine work done, $2000. When I got down there we got it loaded up, and one of the trailer tires was low. When I tried to put air in it, the valve stem broke off, and then it was flat. Fortunately he had a tire machine, and a new valve stem so we were able to fix it on the spot.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

I too like that photo Cword ...... 8)   looks GREAT  :!:  );b(  

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Cword

Thanks guys, That photo sure makes the old car look good. I got really lucky with the sunlight and my move in time for the show.  World of Wheels in Calgary takes place in the convention center just on the other side of the Saddledome in the picture. My move in was at 12, and this stop was 11:30, I couldn't have planned for the lighting to turn out better.
Mike
--

chimp koose

working on the T brakes today . Have my 90 degree master cyl bracket almost done . In order to make the movement go from back and forth to a sideways motion I have made a rocker assembly . The rocker is made of a 1/2 "x 3 1/2 " long shaft with 1" x 3/8" thick arms at either end , holes 2 1/2" c to c . One end will be welded to the shaft but the other end must be removable to service the shaft bushings . This is where my problem is . The 1/2" shaft requires a 1/8" keyway and I have already milled it as well as broaching the key slot in the rocker arm . I am just wondering if that 1/8" key will be sufficiently strong to drive the setup when braking . I am probably worrying about nothing but with a 6:1 pedal and say 100 lbs at the pedal in a panic stop I sure wouldn't want a failure when 600 ft/lbs of torque hits it . I could just weld it on , but then I could not remove the shaft if a bushing wears out .Opinions please ! I could look it up in an engineering manual  , but that might take a long time .

GPster

Well, today the Jeepster backed out of my garage under it's own power. It's a memorably occasion but it was done so I would be sure I could get it to higher ground. The Ohio river (two blocks away) was in flood stage two weeks ago and that didn't create anything but worry but with the rain that's been coming the initial prediction for the river put it higher than both 2004 and 2005 both of which put water in my garage (3' and 1'). The scare has lessened  but there's more days of rain coming so I'm working to be ready. I check this site as much as ever but I don't take time to comment. GPster

58 Yeoman

Went to look at a 59 Ford Retractable today. The seller has too many projects, is getting old and is needing a new shoulder put in next month. It ran 5 or 6 years ago, after he rebuilt the brakes. Looks to be in good condition, but it needs more than I want to put into it for $8k. It's all there, but all that's there needs everything done to it; chrome, interior, bumpers, paint, windshield, etc. I had to pass.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

It got up to 70 degrees this afternoon. After work I installed a new battery in the dr650 and took 2 bikes for a spin. I fired up some of the other stuff cluttering the yard and I'm all ready for winter in the morning again. Every warm day is one less cold day. :)
TEAM SMART