What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

A sleep study, followed immediately by a narcolepsy study, which is the most boring thing you can imagine. Sit for two hours, then take a 20 minute nap, done five times. It took all day. The only thing that saved my sanity was Discovery had a Street Outlaws marathon Monday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I have been busy but not all the time on my car projects.  This winter I want to spend working on the 54 Chevy.

I sold my daily driver of 15 years, a Ford pickup, and I bought a Chevrolet Suburban.  There was work to be done on the truck to make it saleable, and then some minor repairs on the Suburban.  

Yesterday I finished a fiberglass cover for the computer in the 1954 Chevy.  The computer is mounted on the upper right side kick panel.  I wanted a cover to prevent water from entering it should the windshield leak.  The cover is open on the bottom and part of one side.  It has plenty of space surrounding it for air flow and heat dissipation.  Another job I can mark off the list.

Today I will work on the leaf harvest.  Good crop this year.  Plenty of work but the pay is not much.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

We did the leaf stuff a couple of weekends ago, now have had a couple inches of snow on the ground for the last week or so.  If like last year, will be there until march.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

This evening is maintenance. I've spent most of my time getting the project drivable in the last few months so other stuff needs attention. This evening, I'm swapping the foam out in the driver's seat on my dakota daily and changing the thermostat. I put a 180 in it some time ago. It doesn't get hot enough running around town to keep me warm. I'm installing a 195 which is probably what I should have down to begin with. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

KIlled 5 scorpions this week. 1 was in the garage.  4 out in the yard.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

This week the dog has been almost quiet. I keep forgetting that my complaints are always dismissed because I haven't been believable since the moment that kid wrecked my arm. I get accused rather than trusted since then, outside of work. Someone who is an actual person must have said something about the dog noise. No matter. For now, sanity may begin to return. :)  Unfortunately this coincides with DST, so I have traded sunlight for barking. This is the time of year I can't see my home in daylight unless its weekend. That always makes me cheerful. :roll:
Matt

Arnold

Quote from: "kb426"I cleaned my work bench. I can see half of it now. :) I'm far enough along on the current project to know what I won't be using. I put the questionable items in a box that will be discarded at the end if I didn't find reason to retrieve them from storage. I may need a forklift to take the trashcan to the dumpster. :)

You CLEANED your work bench :?: Better half's daughter had some headboard thinggy..I WAS to take it to the dump
   Flipped it over/made some legs for it.. and made another work bench :twisted:
   They don't know :lol: Yet :lol:

Arnold

First serious winter storm. I have waited a VERY LONG TIME...
For BAD winter driving when my 2 4wd trucks can  SIT in the driveway
Maybe I will put on my insulated coveralls,balaclava,and goggles and take the big dog for a walk :D

kb426

I bought theses for not much money. Welded up 3 cracks and I believe they're ready. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just ran the 51 outside. I did a few little things and re-aligned the front end. It was wearing the outside of the tire some. The Bridestone website said "too much Caster or camber". I had put 5 degrees caster in it. I pulled it back to 2. We'll see if that solves the problem. I went for a test drive and it drives good. The new project is back in and ready for my work this weekend.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"A sleep study, followed immediately by a narcolepsy study, which is the most boring thing you can imagine. Sit for two hours, then take a 20 minute nap, done five times. It took all day. The only thing that saved my sanity was Discovery had a Street Outlaws marathon Monday.

Are you falling asleep at a moments notice ?
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"A sleep study, followed immediately by a narcolepsy study, which is the most boring thing you can imagine. Sit for two hours, then take a 20 minute nap, done five times. It took all day. The only thing that saved my sanity was Discovery had a Street Outlaws marathon Monday.

In a word, no. But I am having trouble waking up in the morning. It's better lately, if it holds up I'll tell you why.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Crosley"

In a word, no. But I am having trouble waking up in the morning. It's better lately, if it holds up I'll tell you why.

OK... sounds good.  I was having mild drowsy spells because of my arthritis related meds.

We had a lower  Court  Judge in Phoenix some years back that was falling asleep on the bench. He denied there was a problem. As I recall: An  Investigation happened. He was removed and recieved help he needed on his narcolepsy

8)
Tony

kb426

Progress just came to a halt. I'm out of argon again. Another $100 trip . :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

We live in the country, surrounded on three sides by timber, mostly. A lot of old growth trees that are tall. We have a lot of raccoons in our area. We also have an animal rescue kennel within hearing distance from our house. Last night around 10 or so, we heard a lot of barking. First thought, something at the kennel spooked the dogs. Went out the front door and listened. The barking was coming from behind the house, in the timber. First thought...coyotes. No. Too high pitched, and I haven't heard any coyotes here since we moved in in '08.

All of a sudden the barking stopped. I got my million candlepower flashlight and shined into the timber. I shined up a tall oak tree and spotted a pair of eyes looking at me, then another. 'Coons up in the tree. Sounds like someone was hunting the 'coons, but it awfully close to my house, maybe a hundred feet away on the neighbors property. But, why did the dogs go quiet all of a sudden? No gunshots. I went out later with the flashlight, but didn't see any eyes in the trees?

Any 'coon hunters here with thoughts?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil