Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Wow...thatsa lotta miles...

Lotta bang for the buck anyhow.  :wink:  :)  All that with a roots type blower. I never would have thought it possible but here I am rackin' em up in just about the cheapest thing there is to drive. :?
Matt

kb426

I'd be surprised if any others made it that far. You've been lucky at least once. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

My GT only has 180K. I have to use up this L67 and the spare before I can get back to driving the value outta that one. The 72 Cutlass Supreme my brother and I had for 22 years made it to 180K by around 2003, when I had a friend at the shop replace the timing chain. He walked up and told me I had better go kiss "Nell" "square on the mouth, because she's been good to you!". Nylon teeth never gave out on the probably OE cam gear. :shock:  Boy it run like a scalded dog with valve timing restored. :)

Dad taught us to use things gently and to fix them, it's cheapest.  8)
Matt

idrivejunk

Speaking of Dad, I wanted to share a comical tidbit. I showed him the 250250.2 pic today and told him I had caught up with old blue. Thats the Sprint6 Tempest he bought while I was a bun in the oven (3rd new Tempest and last, second kid) that took us on all those childhood road trips to faraway states. After I did my first year of driving in that car, it was just short of a quarter million miles and he sold it in '81. In the OHC6 conversation that ensued, of course I brought up a web page to get our facts straight. There was DeLorean posed with the hot six. For a moment, Dad had a gosh-honest flashback ignited by the image and we shared a smirk. After we changed topics and ate, awhile later he picked up a wooden paper towel stand he made recently and said old blue is sort of still around. He takes the towel roll off and shows me the low friction washer he put under there so it doesn't tip when you unroll a towel. It was a cam thrust washer from old blue. So now you can see that, as he puts it... "You come by it honest!"

I'll wrap up my flurry of six hole Poncho preaching with this article link somebody posted on GPF and hush.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/remember-when-we-thought-the-pontiac-grand-prix-gtp-was-fast-270373

Oh... also... Today I caught the neighbor dog clawing to get over the privacy fence. It can get it's head above the fence to bark. Loud! Fortunately I was video-ing the venture into the back yard to investigate the fence hitting / clawing sounds and the vid is good. So this evening I unloaded the vids from my phone and put the best 70 or so in a folder on a new USB drive for the police. The fence vid can be the corker. Pretty sure I have a legit complaint, still. :roll:
Matt

58 Yeoman

When  I sold my 41 Pontiac, the buyer started looking for an OHC 6 for it. Wonder if he ever found one?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Think I like this cross member.  #3 version ( or higher)

I did not like the Version #1 cross member for 2 yrs.  It was just off center slightly where the bend in the middle was located.

Version #2 did not look correct either. I gave up on the 1 5/8 diameter tube

This tube is 1.25 diameter.  I bent it in my H-Freight tube  roller.  Placed tube in.  Cranked  the adjustment down with 4 foot cheater bar
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Tony, I think you may have voided the warranty with a 4' cheater. :) Looks good.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

My wife and I took the 54 on the backroads tour this afternoon.  A friend of mine organizes a route of about 100 miles every fall.  It was a sunny cool day for a fun drive on some curvy back roads with a bunch of old cars.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

I think I like the crossmember also 8)

John, I bet it was scenic too. Autumn colors are coming on strong in our neck o the woods.

Been wallowing in seasonally appropriate old radio shows of late... substituting horror and suspense for the usual cops and westerns. Inner Sanctum all week- War of the Worlds, Frankenstein and Phantom of the Opera yesterday, Dracula with Ben Cartwright today. :lol: Good stuff to drown out the dog as needed.
Matt

kb426

I mowed the yard for what will probably be the last time this season. That always brings sadness to me because of what it means.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

my last lawn mow today too . It ended right before snow started coming down ! I bought what I think is a 35 ford axle and spindles with bones as well as the rear end with its radius rods and 3 -16" Kelsey hayes wires . I think this is all 1935 stuff , the spindle has a double hole steering arm on the passenger side . it was all made into a bale wagon at one time , I will get the 4th rim if the seller can find it . I also found a guy with a bunch of T fenders for sale , I will probably get a set of fronts as mine are not too good.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteBeen wallowing in seasonally appropriate old radio shows of late... substituting horror and suspense for the usual cops and westerns. Inner Sanctum all week- War of the Worlds, Frankenstein and Phantom of the Opera yesterday, Dracula with Ben Cartwright today. :lol: Good stuff to drown out the dog as needed.

Are you still using the website that I sent you   :?:  :?:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
QuoteBeen wallowing in seasonally appropriate old radio shows of late... substituting horror and suspense for the usual cops and westerns. Inner Sanctum all week- War of the Worlds, Frankenstein and Phantom of the Opera yesterday, Dracula with Ben Cartwright today. :lol: Good stuff to drown out the dog as needed.

Are you still using the website that I sent you   :?:  :?:

Bob... :wink:

Mostly youtube these days. I like to digest all the episodes in order so I don't skip any. The Radio Theater is always a good place to discover a new show to try out. 8)

Had the phone in one hand and officer's phone # in the other three times today, just can't bring myself to call. The goof with the dog is on parole and I despise drama so badly. Sounds like it has been left out for the night tonight though. :evil:  :roll:
Matt