What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Finally did make that call but could only leave a message. Last night was silent (after the 9 PM barking fit) except I can hear barking inside their house from inside mine with the windows blocked and layered in cardboard and blankets. You guys know how fast time accelerates when the week turns to weekend (If you work)? That's fast, but the rate at which barking raises my BP is faster.

A 53 Chevy pickup job is starting up at the shop, Bryan is gonna fix it. Any of you want to see a few occasional pics of that one as it progresses?
Matt

UGLY OLDS

SURE  :!:  :!:   We LIKE photos ..... 8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

IDJ , for all the trouble the neighbors dog has caused you ,all I can offer is a suggestion . Could you not offer to buy your neighbor one of those jolting bark collars ? Maybe get two , one for the dog and one for the owner , both wired to the dogs barking . If he wears it he will suffer with you .

Carnut

Oh gee, on the neighbor problem. I can understand, I once had a neighbor problem in a somewhat affluent area where I chose to build my dream home for the 'security' of my investment.

Lived what I considered a nightmare for a year or two and it all finally wound up with me in jail for felony assault. Cost me two grand to get it plea bargained down to misdemeanor assault with 2yrs probation.

Solution resulted in my moving out and getting a divorce.

Last 30yrs in new digs life has been pleasant.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Carnut"Oh gee, on the neighbor problem. I can understand, I once had a neighbor problem in a somewhat affluent area where I chose to build my dream home for the 'security' of my investment.

Lived what I considered a nightmare for a year or two and it all finally wound up with me in jail for felony assault. Cost me two grand to get it plea bargained down to misdemeanor assault with 2yrs probation.

Solution resulted in my moving out and getting a divorce.

Last 30yrs in new digs life has been pleasant.

You sure covered a lot of territory in just a few short lines.  

I live in an old neighborhood and we have been here nearly 40 years.  Half the people on my block have been here longer.  There has been some minor problems over the years but overall it has went well and they have tolerated me. :D

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Carnut

Heh, heh, and a whole lot more not covered.

Dream home.

Current Digs last 30yrs.

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I will have lived here 20 years next spring. When cops came on labor day it was about them feeling threatened. That translates to level 3 terroristic threatening. For yelling bark bark you wanna effing bark let's bark. :roll:  Don't think there was a case there, but a man can only take so much crowding. Not falling for that trap now but in times past...

Hey it looks like the prime weekend for autumn colors is nigh. A scenic route or two would be appropriate.

They say these bearings get packed with Fudge brand rearend lube...

:lol: Scary, ain't it? Happy Halloween!
Matt

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"^^^^
Frank, is that from rust belt issues?

Yes. Calipers that are over a couple years old typically have the bleeders frozen from rust. Some times a little heat will break them loose, but most of the time no, they are so rusted they just break off.

I used to clean the area around the bleeders off and coat it with grease to make the use of the bleeders even possible later on.
I don't do it anymore..what is the point NOW? Replacement calipers only last about 2 years..maybe 3..either the piston or most likely the bracket is seized up by then anyway

idrivejunk

An attempt to redeem myself in pictures-  :lol:

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Dont be a hater.  :lol:

On Saturday:

I  installed a couple Christmas lites already.  First on the street!

Those projection lights that you point at a house - garage wall.  Bought a new one this year.  Santa image and moving images.

oh...  wife bought new clothes washer & dryer.  They arrive wednesday
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I cleaned my work bench. I can see half of it now. :) I'm far enough along on the current project to know what I won't be using. I put the questionable items in a box that will be discarded at the end if I didn't find reason to retrieve them from storage. I may need a forklift to take the trashcan to the dumpster. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I spoke for a pair of front fenders for my T today . I already have 3 but they are all in tough shape . These will have all the metal work done to the point that I need not use the hammer/dolly on them . I also straightened a pair of lower door hinges , they bend quite easily.

enjenjo

I spent the last three days getting medical tests. Nothing serious, but it's sure cutting into my garage time. One of the tests took 20 hours.

My grandsons 2000 ford F350 was hit by lightening sunday evening, we had a bad thunder storm here. It still runs, it has a 7.3 diesel, but it is throwing some codes, one of which means it will have to go to the Ford dealer for a computer reflash.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, what do you have to do for 20 hours?????
TEAM SMART