What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Ahhhh.....The dogs lost them & you found them   :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:    

Maybe the dogs went up the tree to see where the coons went  :?:  :?:

What you actually saw was Tony's "Glowing Scorpions   :?  :?

WAIT  :idea:   It was really squirrels that you saw  :!:  ( The coons know to keep their eyes closed ... :roll: )

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

sent an email today that contained pictures , ALL BY MY SELF ! There may be hope for me yet ! Guy has an Anglia for sale and I noticed it was missing pieces that I have so I emailed and offered my parts . He wanted pictures . I figure if I sell him my parts I wont be tempted to buy his Anglia .

58 Yeoman

I've got a fiberglass tonneau cover for sale on CL, since May. It's a $1200 unit, and I'm asking $99. Today, I received my 10,000th email asking if I still have it. I'll never hear from this guy again. I think I'll just cut it up in pieces and put a little in the trash every week. Then, I'll just leave the ad up and ignore all the replies. :roll:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

I just ordered a new Big Maxx 80,000 btu propane furnace for the shop from Northern Tool.  The furnace I have currently was given to me 30 years ago when it was removed from an old Buick dealership.   It has served me well but it is having some more serious problems. It often shoots fire out when it lights, and the burner roars at times after ignition.  It seems a shame to quit using it while it still works, but maybe its time has come. :wink:

When winter sets in, I use my outside wood furnace.  This furnace will be used occasionally during the fall or spring and when I need quick heat while the outside furnace is warming up.

Now I need to fabricate a temporary roll around scaffold to remove the old one, and install the new furnace.  The hangers, plumbing, and electrical will all be different.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

I and a friend installed a Big Maxx a few years ago in my shop. I made a temporary wooden frame for my air jack. We set the furnace on the frame, raised the jack and bolted it up. I've got a picture somewhere, but apparently not on this puter. It's my only source of heat, but I haven't really used it much.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I installed new water pump , thermostat, all the coolant hoses on my 2006 Silverado on saturday. 86k miles on the truck. I bought it new 12 yrs ago September 2005.

There has been an antifreeze smell under the hood for a couple months.  No drips, no trails of a leak till 10 days ago. There was a wet line where the serp belt was throwing water around slightly.  Still no drips.

So, I changed all the hoses and pump. Changed the quik connect fittings on the heater hoses at the firewall too.

Of course... now the interior light is acting up: not come on or come on for 2 seconds , then off if the engine is running.  I wiggled the wire loom between the door and body. That did nothing.  I figure the switch in the door is going bad.  I can open & close the door a couple quick  times, then it works fine.  LOL

I washed the truck today, so it should rain monday or tuesday.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Put a new battery in the Wife's van.  She was at the store and Click Click Click when she came out.  The jumpers made no difference, but the new battery fixed it.  Forgot to check the voltage on the old one, but sure it has an internal short.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

I worked on the model t door hinges today . I got them straightened so that I put 1 pin through all of them and the door mounting surfaces are all in alignment . This is when I figured out that the hinges I machined were copying a bent one . I am hoping that heat and a big press will get them to match the newly aligned ones before I drill them for the pin . I also figured out that one of the lower hinges came from another car as the mounting holes do not match mine in the door post . This is the crazy part about this car . I spent less time welding up a frame than it will take me to get doors to open and close properly .

WZ JUNK

I plan to try to track a friend as he runs the BAJA 1000 today.  He is very competitive and usually does well.   In the past you could track the entry on the internet as they progress through the route.  I will see how he does and update my luck with the tracking.  He should be entry 1189 Jon Walker.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Ohio Blue Tip

Crosley, I had a 2005 Silverado that I bought new and it always smelled like antifreeze under the hood.  The dealer even pulled the heads once but not fixed.  It seem some of the heads were bad castings.  When I traded in 2014 for a new one it still seeped a little antifreeze.  The dealer would not replace the heads under warrantee. Other than that it was over a 100,000 miles with no trouble.  Turn up the radio and drive it!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Charlie Chops 1940

I always get the one flux capacitor that leaks minute amounts of harmful radiation...so far no residual damage. Drum roll please.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Killed 4 scorpions monday evening...  

I have another  gopher now too. At north end of the property this time.  Opposite of where I lost several plants months ago
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"Killed 4 scorpions monday evening...  

I have another  gopher now too. At north end of the property this time.  Opposite of where I lost several plants months ago

Don't the scorpions go after the gopher or vice-versa   :?:   Is training available  :?:

Maybe catch some scorpions & relocate them to the "Gopher-Hole"   :?:  :idea:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

I am tracking the BAJA 1000 on the net.  My friend is in 3rd place in his class and he is about 200 miles from the finish.  I have no urge to participate in one of the events, but I am impressed with the machines and the people who do.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am tracking the BAJA 1000 on the net.  My friend is in 3rd place in his class and he is about 200 miles from the finish.  I have no urge to participate in one of the events, but I am impressed with the machines and the people who do.  

John

My friend finish first in his class and better than many of the trophy trucks.  It will be interesting to see how he placed overall.  The results should be posted tomorrow.  He went over 1100 miles off road across the desert in a little over 24 hours.  I bet he is tired and sore tonight.   He has had a lot of success in off road racing.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck