What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

It's raining again. We've gone from the desert to the swamp! I rolled over 4,000 miles on the 51 on the way to work this morn.
TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

We've finally recovered from last weekend for the most part.  Made the trip to SoCal on Saturday, attended a party for our older son and daughter-in-law's twenty fifth anniversary on Sunday,  and drove back home on Monday.  It is only three hundred miles one way, but about half of it is almost always made in bumper to bumper traffic, often at eighty miles an hour. Kind of wears an old guy down some.  We drove our younger son's BMW 535 M; what a nice car, once I got all of the gadgets sorted out some.  It's a far cry from my wife's Toyota Avalon, or my Tundra. Got to have a nice visit with our grandson, something that is a seldom thing since he went into the Army, and away to college.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Crosley.In.AZ

Been on vaca this past week... Wife & I did some running around.  No real road trip or like that.

Did not work too much on the cars.  I wanted time away from automotive stuff.  Work has been WFO  the recent months.  Management harping for more , more , more...

On the flip side:  I was told friday via text message.  A 20 yr employee was fired.  For most of those 20 yrs He has shown extreme attendance problems, low production  slow work at times.  Company put up with it for all these yrs, suddenly the spot light was on him for several months...  warnings issued, write ups issued, meetings with him.

Finally on thursday last week.  He called in sick.  When there were 2 transmissions needed finished to ship on friday. Well:  He was shipped out friday.

I return to work on monday.  Wonder if I will be released this week.  Another story in it's self
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Just saw a post from the Salt Cat Racing guys from down at Bonneville.  They pulled the Jag out of retirement and on the first run they are in impound  164 on a 150 record (that they also hold) No audio as of yet, but it is being worked on.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

Just listening to the Bonneville radio cast and Salt Cat Racing set a new record of 166.7 or so on a 150 record.  They were 171.009 in the 4 mile.  Not a bad first 2 runs on a car that has been parked since 2011 while they ran the Lakester for a few years.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

Here is the comment from Salt Cat Racing, I was off a bit on the speed.

So excited! Salt Cat Racing set a new record in the XO/BGC class. Old record 150, new record is 159.1315. Headed to tech to have the record verified.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

Finished up the brakes on the Galaxie yesterday, and am going to do the valve cover gaskets today. Maybe get a chance to start on the brakes on the Yeoman.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

58 Yeoman

Yeah, I like doing brakes. Need new cylinders on the Chevy also. Kanter has them for Delco and Bendix. IIRC, these are Bendix. Book doesn't tell me.

Phil

kb426

Phil, the good part as I see it is the drum is off so your'e not fighting that. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

The drum came right off...by hand easily. The front wheel cylinder was another matter. Two pound ball peen with brass drift. Again, I'm surprised that the car stopped at all, just like the Ford. Maybe from now on, I'll bleed the brakes every two years.

Phil

58 Yeoman

Got all the cylinders off, two fronts ordered through Kanter; rears and front hoses ordered through local NAPA, be here tomorrow.

I took one of the cylinders and cleaned it off, and it said Delco Lorraine. Whoda thunk? Bet the news ones don't say that!

I looked at pix of Delco and Bendix online, and they looked the same to me.

Phil

kb426

I just removed my Bilstein 14" shocks and installed Monroe 12" gas shocks for a regular passenger car. I have bottomed out the longer shocks so I'm hopeing to alleviate that circumstance.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I built a fiberglass fan shroud for a friends 34 Ford.  I had to build a plug mold and it was a little tricky because the car has a mechanical fan.  The fan shroud had to made as a 2 piece unit so that it could be installed without removing the fan.  Test fit is tomorrow.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, did you post invisible pics? :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"John, did you post invisible pics? :)

I will post some tomorrow when I remove it from the plug mold.  It just looks like a bunch of cotton candy stuck to foam and wood now.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH