What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Heck that qualifies as nifty! :)  Any day at the drags is good.
Wasps may have set up housekeeping in the yard GP. A scout checks me over when I mow. Got stung by them a couple dozen times at once as a kid. No love for them at all but they have their place in nature I reckon.
Matt

kb426

I just finished mowing both lots. In the alley next to the dumpster, I find this. The motor is dead. My son has a better compressor but it only has about a 2 gallon tank. I think you know where this will end up. :) The only question is will it get a custom paint job? :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I just finished mowing both lots. In the alley next to the dumpster, I find this. The motor is dead. My son has a better compressor but it only has about a 2 gallon tank. I think you know where this will end up. :) The only question is will it get a custom paint job? :)

I figure some color of metal flake will be brought up in 3 , 2  ...........
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

chimp koose

I actually spent time on the T today. I was welding up the under side bracing on the smoothie running boards I am making . I think I managed to put a warp into them . Not much and I hope to be able to push it straight on the shop press . I guess I should have used more than gravity to hold them down . I could have easily clamped them to the welding table before playing larry lava

WZ JUNK

I replaced the valve stem seals in the 1954 Chevy today.  I need to button it up tomorrow morning.  Simple job, took most of the day.  I had to make a valve spring compressor as what we had would not work easily on this engine.  The engine had set idle for many years and occasionally it would puff smoke when it was started.  For some reason it only smoked when I started it at a cruise night or car show.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Took both cars to the local cruise night. First time for my wife to drive the 63...she could hardly see over the dash.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

wayne petty

Quote from: "kb426"I just finished mowing both lots. In the alley next to the dumpster, I find this. The motor is dead. My son has a better compressor but it only has about a 2 gallon tank. I think you know where this will end up. :) The only question is will it get a custom paint job? :)

use the 12 gallon tank as a reservoir tank on wheels.. so the 2 gallon compressor stays complete and easily portable.. the 2 gallon when the additional airflow is needed hoses are hooked up to to the big tank.  and the big tank is used as a reservoir..

all the parts should be available to fix that craftsman version.

these are just thoughts..   huge hint.. without the craftsman pump assembly on the top.. using a globe valve as a shut off and a quick connect plug.. one could toss that into the back of the truck and go down to the tire shop and have them fill it . it Could keep reserve air for weeks if you have globe valves on the inlets and outlets.

i like the idea of metal flake paint also.

wayne petty

update .

the black beast is done. back on the road.. the owner is crazy happy.  what a nightmare.  at least i won't have to change those heater hoses again any time soon.  found some black silicone heater hose from summit..  only 80 bucks for 20 foot sections.  so i got to order 2 boxes..  i could not find ANY 5/8 or 16MM external braided european style heater hose at any of my usual suppliers.  the black silicone hose has almost a braided look to it..  since only 3 or 4 inches are visible with the front hood open.. he did not care its not original.  this is a daily driver .. not a display car..

to pull the hose thru the inner fender.  the rocker panel guide.. and up into the engine compartment.. i cut a slot about an inch in from the end of the hose.  stuck a zip tie thru a 2" piece of 9/32 vacuum hose  stuck the end of the zip tie thru the side of the other heater hose and hooked them together.. this allowed me to just pull the old out while dragging the new hose's thru without any external obstruction.

found another iffy repair in the positive power cable to the back of the car and redid it.

also found out that homedepot in the drawers sells several sizes of round head and flat head phillips screws in black finish.  saving me from having to paint them.

idrivejunk

Howdy Wayne  :)

Update: Finally fixed my weed whacker. Gas line had gotten out of place. There's no seal where the line from the bulb goes into the tank, just a hole in plastic with a hose shoved through. It was somehow unshoved.

Front tires for the GP might be in tomorrow, Cooper Cobra 245/60s. I need em like a hog needs slop.
Matt

GPster

It looks like nobody did anything worth talking about for a week. I haven't started the Jeepster for about two months. With the problems with the instruments and not being able to work/see under the dash I thought maybe I should give my nerves a rest so I worked on something else (it started right up and surprise, the oil pressure gauge worked). I"ve been making some floor braces and came on the idea to raise the floor. It's not channeling but to make it so the floor is flatter and to make the trans tunnel not so deep and there is more bracing under the door opening so the body doesn't "swayback". The bracing for the floor and trans tunnel showed me that there wouldn't be enough room for my brake and gas pedals so now that I have something flat to lay on I took the kink out of the brake pedal and I looked though my "stash" and found a gas pedal that will be more "user friendly" with the space that I have left. I have plenty of gas cable and  a couple more holes will move everything in a good position. Things are going well enough to make me feel encouraged  about it again. GPster

Rrumbler

Quote from: "GPster"It looks like nobody did anything worth talking about for a week. ------. GPster

Not me!  Too da**## HOT to do anything outside or in the garage (it isn't insulated); average temps here in the northwest part of Las Vegas have been in the 107-8 degree range.  Been fighting some sort of "bug", getting on the up side of it now, I think (hope). Just staying inside keeping cool.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

58 Yeoman

Well, after getting the brakes fixed on the Yeoman, I noticed that the gas gauge said full, and I"m pretty sure it was less than 1/4 before I started working on the brakes. Yesterday, we took it to a "local" gas station that sells premium gas w/o ethanol, and put about 12 gallons in, and the gauge still read full. See where I'm going with this.

I checked it out today, and it looks like the sender bit the dust. GREAT! A '58 Chevy station wagon which uses a different sender than any of the other 58's. Well...I thought I'd check on ebay to see if anyone has one. Wow...Bob's Impala has one for wagons only for around $45. Couldn't ask for more.

We took both cars to another local car show in the neighboring town. This show is nicer than the one we had in my town last week. This one is in the park with shade and music. Only one trophy for best of show (I don't enter for trophies anymore; gave away all the ones I had). A really nice 53 Ford F1 got it.

I won a 5 gallon bucket of car cleaning supplies from NAPA. Worth more than the $10 50/50 tickets we bought.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Arnold

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Heck that qualifies as nifty! :)  Any day at the drags is good.
Wasps may have set up housekeeping in the yard GP. A scout checks me over when I mow. Got stung by them a couple dozen times at once as a kid. No love for them at all but they have their place in nature I reckon.

I had some sort of wasp build some sort of nest..hard..like mud..pretty much plugged up the air cleaner inlet right behind the hot air motor