What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Phat ...Check your PM's ..

Bob .. :wink:
Got it, sent a reply.

idrivejunk

Well, crap-a-doodle doo. Forgot to upload my pics for a couple days and I can do better than that one pic with lots of lip I just posted. Making a new thread for the rest of that job so I don't hog up this one. :idea:
Matt

wayne petty

Quote from: "kb426"I got a good start on my small amplifier I'm building. The wood is leftover from other projects. It's doweled and glued together. I used the mill to do this to take advantage of the digital readout.

you are not done yet... you have some more stuff to build in.

http://imgur.com/gallery/w316PxZ

kb426

Wayne, I'm quitting before that addition. Who thought that up?????
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

I need some help from someone who paid attention during algebra class.

I'm making a homemade spray to take dark streaks and algae off my roof shingles and the end product needs to be a 2% solution of benzalkonium chloride (homemade version of 'Wet & Forget').  The active ingredient in swimming pool algaecide is benzalkonium chloride but it's 40% solution. How much of the 40% solution do I mix with water to get a 2% solution in a 2 gal sprayer?

My old brain just goes zzzzzztt when I try to figure it out.

Edit* After more cyphering, I think I need to add 12.8 oz algaecide to 2 gal water. If that's wrong, oh well. :roll:
George

kb426

The amplifier is usable. There will be finish work and a permanent power supply added.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "purplepickup"I need some help from someone who paid attention during algebra class.

I'm making a homemade spray to take dark streaks and algae off my roof shingles and the end product needs to be a 2% solution of benzalkonium chloride (homemade version of 'Wet & Forget').  The active ingredient in swimming pool algaecide is benzalkonium chloride but it's 40% solution. How much of the 40% solution do I mix with water to get a 2% solution in a 2 gal sprayer?

My old brain just goes zzzzzztt when I try to figure it out.

Edit* After more cyphering, I think I need to add 12.8 oz algaecide to 2 gal water. If that's wrong, oh well. :roll:

Hold on now ......How fast is the roof going, what time did it leave & did it start from the east or the west   :?:  :?:  :?  :?

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

The algebra teacher posed that exact same question to me in '66. I told her to just spray the 40% solution on the roof and it would last 20 times longer. She kicked me out of the class. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

if you put in 5% of the 40% mix into it you should be good . in other words mix it 1:19  chemical to water . Please someone check my math .  the 40 % stuff will need 2 1/2 times the volume to make up the same amount of chemical as the chemically pure stuff . 2% x 2.5 =5% of the diluted stuff in the total mix to get the same strength .

purplepickup

Thanks Chimp. What you came up with makes sense. I did have to re-read it a couple of times to wrap my brain around it.  And maybe it matches the 12.8 oz/2 gallons (256 oz) that I ended up mixing. That is 5% too...not sure if my 5% is the same as yours but I'll pretend it is. Problem solved. Now I wait to see if the concoction works.

Oh, Bob, if my roof was at the equator it would be traveling due east at 1037.6 mph, but since I'm at 42.3212° N latitude the roof travel speed is 767.182787197 mph...still easterly.  Sorry I forgot to put that in...got to remember the details...details.... :(U) At least it didn't make any stops or slow down to pick up passengers or apples.
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"Thanks Chimp. What you came up with makes sense. I did have to re-read it a couple of times to wrap my brain around it.  And maybe it matches the 12.8 oz/2 gallons (256 oz) that I ended up mixing. That is 5% too...not sure if my 5% is the same as yours but I'll pretend it is. Problem solved. Now I wait to see if the concoction works.

Oh, Bob, if my roof was at the equator it would be traveling due east at 1037.6 mph, but since I'm at 42.3212° N latitude the roof travel speed is 767.182787197 mph...still easterly.  Sorry I forgot to put that in...got to remember the details...details.... :(U) At least it didn't make any stops or slow down to pick up passengers or apples.

Since Bob got on it you did pick up a nut or two. I came up with 20 to 1.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

5% is 1 to 19 . 5 cents is 5% of a dollar . 20 nickels in a dollar . Take one away you have 19 left.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Thanks Chimp. What you came up with makes sense. I did have to re-read it a couple of times to wrap my brain around it.  And maybe it matches the 12.8 oz/2 gallons (256 oz) that I ended up mixing. That is 5% too...not sure if my 5% is the same as yours but I'll pretend it is. Problem solved. Now I wait to see if the concoction works.

Since Bob got on it you did pick up a nut or two. I came up with 20 to 1.

When I had that problem it wasn't that much of an issue ....

A...  I wet the roof with garden hose ......
 B..   Sprinkled the affected roof area with a box of Tide Detergent .....
 C....  Next time it rained the issue was solved & never returned.... 8)
       ( The gutters & downspouts were squeeky clean too... :shock: )

I try not to overthink some things ...... :oops:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"The amplifier is usable. There will be finish work and a permanent power supply added.

No demo track for your audience? :(
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART