What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Thanks guys. It is a parts car for the one I am restoring in the garage. The floors are patched in this car with new metal over the rusted metal and pop rivets holding the tin on the structural parts that are rotted out. So this one will not last much longer in it present state.
That means I need to get my but in gear this coming winter.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

I had a 69 Torino Gt, 390 auto. I still remember scrapping ice from the rear window. :) This was about 1972.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I had a 69 Torino Gt, 390 auto. I still remember scrapping ice from the rear window. :) This was about 1972.
Even worse was sitting in the back seat trying to CLEAN the inside of the rear window  :shock:    I don't bend like that anymore ... :?  :lol:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have been looking at powering a lathe with a treadmill motor. You use a controller to adjust the speed. If it works out,
I may try one on the drill press too.

Quoteman my brother is fast.....😄

So are you saying his brother is half fast?

😃 His brother is no where near half fast, in any sense, but he is very sore today. It's like he did about a thousand squats yesterday...wait, he did....

kb426

Now that the mill is operational, it's time to make chips again. :) This is the idler support that I started on before the motor expired. I machined the triangle out of it and profiles 2 sides. I made a spacer that threads over the other water pump stud. I may get crazy and polish this down the road. Now it needs a new belt. It sure feels good to be able to make parts again. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Hey  :D  Look'n good KB. I didn't realize you were whittling your own, thats  8)  :!:

They say I might have running water tomorrow  :-o  :)

Datsun man was in today and they fussed over trim fit and such for a spell.

Floors and trunk drops are done on the 76 Trans Am, and one quarter rear patch. These fluffy stuff pics are just whats happening near me.

So a bunch of ya dig the period true looking parts car too  8)  I offer riveted floor replacement services   :idea:  :D
Matt

WZ JUNK

This weekend, Hooley will be racing at the "Throw Down in T Town".  The event will be broadcast live through Bangshift.com on the internet.  He will enter the "Okie Twister" Henry J because he is still having engine problems with the 40 Willys pickup.  His plans are to run in the gasser class but he may run in 6.00 index class.  I would like to attend but I have a full schedule planned here at home.  I will have the audio blasting through the stereo in the shop.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Thanks for the heads up John. I'm back up to the cabin building an addition on the guest house and listening to some drag racing will be a nice change from the usual weekend radio programming.

Good luck to Hooley!
George

idrivejunk

It will be a few more days before the water line is fixed at the house. That will make 3 weekends now, of dry home. Imagine my joy. Had the tree guy done what he said or even just let me know he couldn't, I'd have water now. Thats the last reference I'll ask that friend for. :roll:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

killed 8 scorpion in  past week.

Back on the RRT....    I changed my emaill address used here last wekend.  That locked m y account.  RRT tells you to contact the admin.... well , You can not login. So , you can not contact admin .... LOL  I sent enjenjo a message on email.   He called me, we chatted  while, caught up on stuff.  Enjenjo had Fatcat reset the setting and I am logged in again.

Nothing new here.  No car money. So , stuff sits
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

Quote from: "kb426"This might entertain some of you. The replacement motor for my mill arrived today. I did some research and Leeson/ North American Motors came up as a good choice. The ebay seller was far less money than anyone else I found. It arrives today and when I open the box, it starts to look Chinese. :) After unpacking, on the side of the motor is the made in China sticker. :) The Enco shaft appeared to be 7/8" with a 1/4" keyway. When I try to install the pulley on the new motor, things head south. It turns out the original shaft is 9 under. Maybe that's some metric size. I haven't checked. I fire up the lathe and make a few real light cuts till it is a light tap fit on the shaft. The new motor is cut for 3/16" keyway. No problem. Just fire up your mill and make a new double size key. But the motor for the mill is the offender. I put the key in the vise and take a die grinder and a cutoff blade and resize a portion to 3/16". Put it all together without hurting myself and wire it up. The motor has more wires than the original. I got it right the 1st time. I believe I'm back in business. I let it run for 5 minutes and didn't need the fire extinguisher so I'm kinda positive about this. :)
7/8 & 22mm are real close, usually the wrench or socket will interchange ,std or metric
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

Got rid of all my car magazines yesterday. I had them listed on CL for free, the guy who took them gave me $100 to hold them until yesterday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

^^^^^^^!!!! WOW, how did that happen?
TEAM SMART

kb426

Today is oil change and annual clean the underside of the 32. It's 9 years old and shows it. I clean the oil and road grime of every spring just so it doesn't build up to a nasty level. This isn't fun. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Oil change and clean up done on both. This may be the last time this year that they are both clean at the same time. :)
TEAM SMART