What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"This morning I purchased 40' of 5/16" chain and 2 hooks. I also picked up a chain saw. I spent the largest portion of the day pulling limbs from yards and stacking them in side streets awaiting pickup. I'm not sure I'll be able to move tomorrow. :)

You're a good man.  :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Met with an adjuster today on the lightning thing. Sounds like I'll be alright moneywise. Maybe. Running water next week might be optimistic though. It's cramping my pic posting style using the tiny screen too. Wah.  :roll:

Yesterday I heard that the blue 67 F100 made the cover of the mag it's featured in. There's another truck in front of it or so I hear, have not seen the shot. But that's the first cover for a build from my employer's shop. :)
Matt

kb426

The pita tree in my backyard is no more. About 1/3 of it fell over in the storm last week end. When I got home this evening, I took a pole saw to it until I could get to the trunk. Tomorrow I'll finish hauling all the pieces to the alley for pickup. I'm ready to get back to hot rods. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Good old trees :)

Right now I like old Pontiacs better :D  Saw this today- it should be an adventure.

Matt

chimp koose

KB you have been doing tree mendous work as of late . Trees around here have no leaves yet . I have basically finished my seat mount and it looks nice . next is to do a steering column . I have a 74 chev van , two early 90's chev truck tilt steering units and an Anglia column . I fixed the Anglia steering box so that one may go for sale . looks like I will be using 4 u joints and 2 supports to get from the rack to the column . That will be this weekends goal .

58 Yeoman

Spotted a 60 Pontiac in someones driveway yesterday in Metamora, IL. Looked like its been sitting there for many years.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Gee Matt ...You're doing such good work on the Biscayne that maybe you are " Movin' On Up" ..Today a Chevy, tomorrow a Pontiac, after that maybe a Caddy ...( Gotta use 2 body carts for those.. :shock:  ) ..  

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

1st task of the day. One of my friends was moving. He had stored this long enough so he asked if I wanted it. This is a drill press that was in a flooded house. It had no chuck and plenty of filth and rust. I spent a few hours cleaning and donated a keyless chuck to the project. This is a gift to my son who doesn't have a drill press. I don't think it was ever used before the flood. The motor runs without issue. Who knows for how long. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

KB that beats the heck out of no press.  8)  

Bob who knows, maybe I'll work on an Olds before it stops raining X-frame B bodies  :-o   8)  Meanwhile that rusty Trans Am is being worked over by ol Footloose in the next bay. I'm SO glad he is back.

Speaking of back... I am finally back to a fullsize desktop monitor so I can see whats going on in the pics from the past week. I'll have to get reorganized and may become sidetracked because a lot of my old PC games are once again playable. I think. Just got a PC on CL off a nearby computer rodder and we are both happy.   :)  Living in two places is messing me up though. :(D)
Matt

chimp koose

Spent some time in the shop today . I made a dummy steering column out of dowel and got the length of my column figured out . Then I turned the firewall end down to fit a 3/4 DD and started fitting my steering together using 3/4" dowel with hack sawed DD ends . Looks like I have it figured out with 4 u joints and two heim joints . The largest angle is 28degrees . Progress !

kb426

I finished up the limb and tree removal about an hour ago. Now that I've recuperated some, it's back to hot rods. :) I have some clean up in the shop to do and then pick what's next. :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

Been playing with my new to me DR350 dualsport bike. Not street legal, yet. After buying new riding boots I couldn't shift the bike, ergonomics weren't working with the boots. Had to make a mount to lower the left foot peg and move it back. Took three try's  but now I can shift gears again. Going up to the northern Michigan trails on Weds. I haven't been on a trail on a bike in 25 years, going with my younger brother, he's only 58! 😄 We used to ride a lot together, he has always had a dirt bike, right now it's a heavily modded XR 400 (430 now), I told him not to wait for me, he won't 😃

kb426

I messed with the front end alignment on the 51 some. One of the adjusters moved somehow. I assume I didn't get it tight enough????? It doesn't take me long to set toe in anymore. :) after that, I installed an aftermarket proportioning valve in the 32. This one has a max of 57% restriction in the fully closed position. I'm way happier with the brakes now. That was enough fun for one day for me. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I did not do any work on the T last night I had a relapse of a cold I have been battling for the past month . Hopefully an update tonight

idrivejunk

Had one of those three work project days today... Chevy, Chevy, Datsun.  :?

My theraputic car washing shade tree is no more  :cry: , and the new hotel is a dump.  :(  Send the wah-mbulance :roll:

I'll try to count rings later. That tree may have been around since the late 70s. Just a cypress tree but it will be missed.

Started driving my GP GT because the GTP needs a compressor hub bearing  :roll: and the check engine light came on, to tell me the check engine light was malfunctioning  :?  P0650. On the way home it went off  :?  :?

Its just that kinda Tuesday. I am "rooting" for the plumber to lay a new water line reeeal sooon.  :)
Matt