What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I moved a bunch more limbs today. The tree man has not arrived. :) I worked on my quiet amplifier some this evening. I have a hum when the reverb is turned up. Everything I did made no difference. :) I cleaned out the bellhousing on the f150 trans. The rear main was leaking. I can see alum. in some places now. :) It's above 70 degrees out and I'm so happy.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Sorry ....Haven't been paying much attention lately.... New driveway supervision is taking up most of my time ...It's hard work watching these guys dig up my old drive & send it out for cleaning & refurbishing, digging up & scattering all the stone base , then driving the "hammer roller" over everything to smash it all back into place ....We even found & repaired a drain pipe we never knew that we had ...  :shock:   It had only been buried & plugged for 26 years ... :?
FINALLY correcting drainage issues we have had since we bought the place ....Maybe I should have corrected some of this stuff years ago when I could still drive a shovel....   :oops:    :?  :roll:  :idea:

One things for sure ....This project makes last years roof replacement look like kid$$$ $$$tuff..... :roll:    :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

I put my Taurus on Craigslist this morning and the first guy to look at it bought it within just a few hours of the ad being up. There were 8 more responses before I could take the ad down. It makes me wonder if I sold it too cheap but it's gone and that was what I wanted.

This was Mr Paranoid's (me) first experience with Craigslist.
George

kb426

Congrats, George. If you never use craigs list again, you are 100%.:)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thats what CL is for, getting what you want with minimal fuss.  :)  

I forgot to take any pics today, except of my grinded stump and I'll spare ya that. I can see a third dry camp weekend in my future. Did get the front extension of the Biscayne trunk floor all welded in. Down to the pans now. Be on the Chevelle next week.
Matt

kb426

This might entertain some of you. The replacement motor for my mill arrived today. I did some research and Leeson/ North American Motors came up as a good choice. The ebay seller was far less money than anyone else I found. It arrives today and when I open the box, it starts to look Chinese. :) After unpacking, on the side of the motor is the made in China sticker. :) The Enco shaft appeared to be 7/8" with a 1/4" keyway. When I try to install the pulley on the new motor, things head south. It turns out the original shaft is 9 under. Maybe that's some metric size. I haven't checked. I fire up the lathe and make a few real light cuts till it is a light tap fit on the shaft. The new motor is cut for 3/16" keyway. No problem. Just fire up your mill and make a new double size key. But the motor for the mill is the offender. I put the key in the vise and take a die grinder and a cutoff blade and resize a portion to 3/16". Put it all together without hurting myself and wire it up. The motor has more wires than the original. I got it right the 1st time. I believe I'm back in business. I let it run for 5 minutes and didn't need the fire extinguisher so I'm kinda positive about this. :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

Took my DR350 bike up north today and rode about 45 miles of trails with my brother. Man, I hate riding sand....fell twice, almost fell a few dozen more times. I'm not 18 anymore or 30...or 40...found a couple trails that were not all loose sand, those were fun! All in all a fun day, nobody day got hurt, the bikes still run, the weather was perfect. Planning another trip, man my brother is fast.....😄

enjenjo

I have been looking at powering a lathe with a treadmill motor. You use a controller to adjust the speed. If it works out,
I may try one on the drill press too.

Quoteman my brother is fast.....😄

So are you saying his brother is half fast?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Not last night but Sunday. I cleaned Vickie's parts car up and buffed out the paint on it one more time. Still need to get some wax on it but it does look a lot better then when we got the car.

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have been looking at powering a lathe with a treadmill motor. You use a controller to adjust the speed. If it works out,
I may try one on the drill press too.

Quoteman my brother is fast.....😄

So are you saying his brother is half fast?

We saw what you did there..^^^^^^^  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: 416FordNot last night but Sunday. I cleaned Vickie's parts car up and buffed out the paint on it one more time. Still need to get some wax on it but it does look a lot better then when we got the car.

Lookin' good ...Kinda reminds me of the '70's...   8)

WOW..You have almost as much driveway as I do ...DON'T send it out to be "cleaned & pressed" .... :!:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

WOW..You have almost as much driveway as I do ...DON'T send it out to be "cleaned & pressed" .... :!:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Vickie is going for the 80's high school flash backs. I would have put the white letters out on the back tires if the front ones had white letter tires.

That's not my drive way, that the turn around in it. We have an 1/8" mile of gravel getting to the black top.
I hate going to a car show the day after it rains. The car needs to be cleaned by the time we get to the road.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Man I dig that Torino! It has the retro vibe knob cranked to the max.  8)
Matt

chimp koose

Torino is looking GOOD ! Just the right amount of rake.

58 Yeoman

A friend of mine (that I haven't seen in more than a few years) bought a new Torino in '69. Lime Gold with black stripes, 390 4 speed, and still has it. He has had the 1/4's replaced once and repainted. Still looked great last time I saw it. I was working at a Ford dealer during that time, so I like the 60's and early 70's Fords.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil