What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Frank.....hold out for a Demon, tell her you can get her places more quickly.   😉

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat46"Frank.....hold out for a Demon, tell her you can get her places more quickly.   😉
I had to google that and wow, the 2018 SRT Demon is quite a car!

It's cool to see another muscle car era with the Big 3 each offering street cars from 400 hp to over 700. :shock:
George

wayne petty

this is one of the biggest parts i miss about not going to the drag races..  starting and warm up in the pits..

there is also nothing quite like working the starting line between 2 top fuel cars or 2 funny cars..  that was one of my many hats i wore in 83 and 84.

i was actually the race starter at the time the top fuel car got wedged in reverse and slammed backwards into the containers behind the starting line..

the shift cable bracket for the reverser morse cable was not in line with the cable and the casing would leap out of the bracket letting the driver think it came out of reverse but it really was not..  i totally blame the crew on that crash..  but i won't get deep into that here..

kb426

I got lucky with a less than lucky situation. When I disassembled the f150 5.0 engine, one of the intake manifold bolts twisted off. It was corroded next to the water passage. I got lucky because it was the end bolt. I was able to turn the head upside down and make quick work of drilling and tapping. It's ready to be assembled now. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I spent several hours today changing the master cylinder on the 32. I went from a 1" bore to a 15/16". It did improve the pedal effort some. Not as much as I wish but it is manual brakes. :) The hydro boost on the 51 has spoiled me. :) I thought this would be an easy change over. The chart I was using showed bore size and port sizes. What it didn't say was which side they were located. That's why this took hours instead of minutes. I sure wise I would have purchased the Mastercool tool decades ago. There maybe something better out there but I can't imagine it would be affordable.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB Don't milling machines come in handy ? I am thinking of putting a 7/8" bore master cyl in the T  . GM metric calipers out front and 8" ford with stock drums out back . I think dodge Dakota has an aluminum master with the plastic reservoir that I could firewall mount and change to a remote reservoir behind the dash .

chimp koose

Saw the draggins rod and custom car show here at home today . There was a 21 T coupe there . Most of the rods were either rats or chopped ,channeled Z framed earth scraping 'traditional' cars .

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "enjenjo"My Mom called and wanted me to taker to Costco to get her hearing aid fixed. When we were coming out they had a new Dodge Challenger R/T coupe 6.4 hemi, 8 speed auto trans in a bright yellow. I told her if she bought that car I would drive her any where she wanted. :lol:

Don't hold us in suspense...... :roll:

What color did she order  :?:  :?:

More important ....Will she let YOU drive it   :?:  :?:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:

It's not going to happen. :evil:  I begged and pleaded, but she stood firm.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I started out today fixing what I messed up last weekend. I messed up a cam bearing that caused the cam to be tight. I bought another set of bearings and started over. Now it's as it should be. Put the crank back in and the new pistons and rods. I had a few more parts to clean so this wasn't a real fast process. The last pic is of the engine painted mayan gold candy. I'm used leftover paint for this.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Boy howdy :!:  :shock:  8)  :shock:  8)  :D

Now THATS an engine color! Its a beauty, I salute you  :b-d:
Matt

58 Yeoman

I have four 58 Chevy full wheel covers, with two being a bit banged up...too banged up even for wall art. They are the perfect size for covers for my 2 Mobil 1 16 gallon garbage cans in the shop. I had a couple new cabinet pulls that I mounted on the center.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

The 1st pic is of the oil prime on the f150 engine. The next 2 are all the ugly added to it. The economy alternator bracket needs more fabbing. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Not much worked on this weekend.  Our son flew in on thursday afternoon.  Took him to the airport this morning (sunday).

We had plenty of catching up to do.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I have a new version of windows on the computer and I am trying to make it work.  It is fighting me.

Yesterday I met my brother and we continued with him on the SWMO Hot Rod 100.  These are rather new events that are cropping up all over and I think they are great.  All the fun of a car show, but without trailers, with some driving and site seeing.  We ended at a small town park for barbecue.  I will try to post a picture of my brothers Ford and my Chevy if I can make the machine work for me.

Looks like the picture will post but I have to work on the quality.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

Today is the official start of the "Replace the Driveway" project ... :?  After what I went through with the roof "adventure", I am reminded on just how crazy projects like this can be ..... :roll:
We are replacing over 2800 sq. ft. of asphalt & base , then repairing & sealing another 1900 sq. ft.    :shock:  :oops:

From what I've seen , blacktop work is even more "competitive",(using PC term here), than the roofing industry.... :twisted:

Wish me luck.... :roll:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****