What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

About  8 years ago, we bought a 5x8 landscape trailer at Farm & Fleet, and have abused it ever since. It was looking a bit ratty, so I decided to repaint it black. It was supposedly powder coated at the factory. Maybe that's why all the paint was coming off in huge sheets; well, what was left anyway. I had a gallon kit of Hercules bedliner that I was going to use under the fenders of the '41, but it's gone now. I gave it a quick scraping and sanding with 80 grit on the DA, then rolled and brushed inside and out. It's already dry to the touch. I'll put the tail lights and storage box back on Sunday. I mentioned to my wife that the next time it needs painting, we'll just buy another trailer...this one will be rusted away.

I don't remember if it's a 1/2T or a 3/4T, but I've carried just over a ton of stuff on it, from gravel and dirt, to 2200 pounds of mulch last week.  We've gotten our moneys' worth, that's for sure.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

bucketmouth

Repairing the windscreen stay on the bucket today it's only a small job but I still hate doing maintenance on my cars.If the sun stays out it will be a good excuse to go for a cruise somewhere.See how we go.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

phat46

I have been looking for a dual purpose motorcycle for nearly a year and finally pulled the trigger today. I bought a used Suzuki DR350. I rode dirt bikes many years ago, my last one being a Yamaha YZ250 motocross bike. I wanted a thumper now and want it street legal to get between trail sections in northern Michigan. My younger brother has a Honda XR400 with the 430 kit in it and several mods, it's way too much bike for me, he was pushing for me to get the same thing, but this 350 s plenty for me. I looked at some newer dual sport bikes but they are water cooled now, complicated,  and more bike than I need. These DR's are supposed to be reliable and simple as a hammer. Wish me luck, I already lost a thumbnail loading it on the carrier....😳 I'd post pics, but they are too big, but if you really need to see one, Google it, they are all the same! 😄

kb426

That's the little brother of the dr650 that I've owned since 2003. I think you'll be happy. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

went into the school today to do some painting and make seat mounts . I set off the security alarm . OOPS! I guess ill have to resume work on Monday .

phat46

Quote from: "kb426"That's the little brother of the dr650 that I've owned since 2003. I think you'll be happy. :)

Yeah, I took it for a test ride, other than the quick ride I did on my brother's XR400, it was the first time I was on a bike since Aug. of 1995. The 350 is plenty of bike for me and there are many mods for it, right up to a 440cc engine kit. I think for the time being it will serve me well. Northern Michigan is sandy and can be tight and technical and from what I read this bike is better in the technical stuff than the later DRZ400, which is liquid cooled. Like my brother said..."you know how much those rads are when you drop it and break one?" And I will drop it! 😋

wayne petty

was just surfing Youtube and an add popped up..

some of you will know or know of these guys in this ad.. i have been meaning to get up and see them for a long time.

kb426

I started on an idler for the F150 engine. Ford has many timing covers and water pump setups. I wanted to retain the reverse rotation water pump that came on the engine. This was a piece of 1" shaft that was turned down and threaded to fasten to the cylinder head and turned down for the pulley on the other end. It will need a brace to support it on the belt end. Thinking about that for a few days. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

KB, I vote for moving the alternator to the other side and putting a tensioner about where the billet bracket is, by using CAD to form an oddly shaped plate that goes across the top and bolts to the heads and water pump studs then also mounts the alternator. With lots of spacers. It might take everything away from around the coolant neck and heater hose  :idea:  You could make the alternator end adjustable instead of a tensioner. Just a frain bart from  :shock: at the pics too long  :lol: No A/C:?:

This morning I nailed up a gutter that fell during all the recent rain, and this afternoon had a pleasant outing in the loud car.  :)
Matt

kb426

Matt, no ac or power steering. I have a spare 90 degree outlet leftover from something in the past. At this point there won't be a heater I believe. This is subject to change in the future. The rest of the reason is using the f150 wiring harness which has lots of connections on the right side. This truck was one that had a stand alone solenoid as well as one on the starter. I haven't looked into the reasoning for that yet. If it wasn't for the reverse rotation, this would have been simple like back in the 60's. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB why not take the two extended studs on the top of the water pump and a lower one like the one used on the alt mount and make a mount similar to the alternator mount . You could even mount the alternator tensioning shaft to the back of the same stud the idler is on to give more room for the upper rad hose . Also it will match what you already have on the other side . I saw your mill , you have the technology !

chimp koose

Alarm was off at school today so I snuck in and finished painting my por15 projects . All that is left is to paint the recess portion of my firewall and the inside of the windshield posts and the supports behind the dash . I also mostly got my seat mounts figured out and about 1/3 into that project .

idrivejunk

Jumped around some on jobs today, laid hands on three of them. First thing I did was take the '67 Datsun off the rotisserie and get it all bolted to the freshened and wrapped chassis for body panel mock-up. I put the trunk lid on and switched gears after that but here she is. So petite :-o

Matt

chimp koose

went in and did some more of the por 15 tonight . looks like I may have enough to finish up the entire inside of the car . all that's left is the inside of the windshield posts and the dash mount/cowl support . I will do the posts first and if enough paint left , will do the dash area. I also got a good start on the seat mount . Almost all parts cut and threaded . I should have a seat mounted by the weekend .

idrivejunk

Wanna race?

Rascally rabbit stays within a few yards of the GP all day, it seems. Hmm, maybe theres more than one. :?

Young one with the Acura at work was pickin on the GTP today so when we entered the highway I showed him the tail lights. That was fun, sometimes its the other way around... or at least more of a match.  :D  At the stop light I got an earful of excuses. He just scored a turbo kit though so I better get my licks in now.  :P
Matt