What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

IDJ... Wakes me want to jump up and down screaming I'M Batman..

idrivejunk

She is bat-like, ain't she? Just a red pinstripe away from perfect! This morning I melted all the lead out of that right quarter repair with just a heat gun, then straightened it with the Spitznagel puller.
Matt

kb426

Matt, I would have thought you would have used the bat gun and bat puller to work on this. Be careful you don't get your cape tangled up in creeper wheels. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Crappy day today . Had to put our dog down . It just was not right to let her keep going . She has been with us for 15 years , got her before my youngest was  6 . On the way to the vet I had the windows open and the dog who would always have her nose out the window probably didn't even realise it was open . She was really slowing down over the last few months and meds would only do so much . Gave her supper , fed her the favourite treat ( she didn't finish either ) then took her to the vet with my wife and daughter.

kb426

CK, I feel for you. When I was young, we had to put some dogs down but there wasn't the long term relationship. It sure is painful now. :(
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "idrivejunk"She is bat-like, ain't she? Just a red pinstripe away from perfect! This morning I melted all the lead out of that right quarter repair with just a heat gun, then straightened it with the Spitznagel puller.

My first car a was a 1959 Chev Biscayne 4 door. White roof, deep , ugly green bottom. 235 with 3 on the tree.  It was late in 1969.  Yuge car for sure
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

today. somebody called me over to look at his 65 chevelle.  it was acting really strange..  unknown whats in the small block.. double pumper. MSD ignition.  i started looking..  the MSD big red wire ran over to the underood ford solenoid for the rear mounted battery cable to terminate to.. but it had been spliced down to 18 gauge..  ok that needs to be fixed.. where is the msd thick black wire..  it had also been spliced down to an 18 gauge wire that followed down the front of the frame under the power booster and headed toward the back of the car.  i am like.. did they really hook it to the trunk mounted battery with an 18 gauge wire.. i got down painfully.. bad knees..  followed the wire.. it went to the transmission crossmember area.. and had a 1/4 20 machine screw and nut.. and they were loose.. no wonder the car just barely ran..  tomorrow.. i am going to get to the bottom of the pile of parts tossed together to see if i can make it run as good as it should..   i think it has a stock converter also.  find out tomorrow when i look at why the starter is making horrible noises also.

when was the last time any of you ran across a bad condenser ..  failed after only a few weeks of use.. that was on another friends car.. what a weird failure..

Canuck

Went thru the ignition on the Buick engine in the coupe last year before starting to drive it.  Ran nice for a 1/2 hour test run.  Next day went to take it out for the first drive and it wouldn't start, no spark.  Ended up replacing the condenser with the old one I had taken out and it has run great ever since.  Not a cheap one from CT, a name brand unit.  

Reading I have done since tells me that condenser failures are quite common now due to poor quality manufacturer.

Save those old ones that are working.

Canuck
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "chimp koose"Crappy day today . Had to put our dog down ...took her to the vet with my wife and daughter.

Sorry to hear about your loss!  ...Dogs really can become part of a family!

With a choice of 1 out of 3,  your wife and daughter must be pleased with your selection.

My niece's son was told to take their dog to the vet to be put down.  ...Son was very upset about that, but did what he was told.

He came back home with the dog.

Turns out, the dog was on the table, and just before the vet gave the injection, the vet collapsed onto the floor.  

Dog went back home wagging his tail.  ...Vet went to the hospital with a heart attack.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

UGLY OLDS

QuoteMy niece's son was told to take their dog to the vet to be put down.  ...Son was very upset about that, but did what he was told.

He came back home with the dog.

Turns out, the dog was on the table, and just before the vet gave the injection, the vet collapsed onto the floor.  

Dog went back home wagging his tail.  ...Vet went to the hospital with a heart attack.
[/quote]

Boy ....That's almost like a "Man Bites Dog" story.... :shock:  :shock:  8)  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
 Boy ....That's almost like a "Man (Bob) Bites Dog" story.... :shock:  :shock:  8)  :lol:

You'll do anything to grab some attention won't you Bob.   :)

Lugs arrived for Vickie's car so it is now sitting on all four.

Working on mine last night also. I needed to cut the stabilizer mount loose to get it square. I have it in the correct spot now I think. I checked to make sure I will not have any tire rub and that it is square now to the stabilizer. Anything else I should be concern with before I weld it back up this time. I have no idea what I used for aligning the mount when I first installed it.
Before:

After:

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Pet loss is rough especially for kids that grow up with it I reckon. I had one pet as an adult, cat that lived nigh onto 18 years.

I just dig that Torino, its  8)

Missed work yesterday but didn't mend as much as I had hoped. Today I tried to get back going and did little stuff on the 60. Parts showed up... lots of them  :shock:  so yeah, thats a fairly big job. Thread ahead.

These are for KB  :D  

Is that re-rust  :shock:

Is that even a real thing  :?:
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

Ugh, that's some ugly rust.

Looking at the pics of that  '60 Chevy memoried me of one I helped a pal with in '63, replaced the 283 with a 348 tri-power four speed, he painted it the most bright metalflake blue I have ever seen; it turned out to be a good looking and running car, but during the process, I was not so sure.

I made the approx. 500 mile round trip to Ontario, CA from Las Vegas Wednesday to pick up granddaughter Bella to spend a few days with us.  Her other grandfather in Arkansas is extremely ill, and may not survive, so her mom went back there but didn't want to take Bella because she didn't want her to be exposed to the drama, and in truth, she couldn't afford it, either.  I'll be doing it again on Monday, just the other direction for Bella.  I know I'm getting older, because that trip wears me out, now; it used to be just all in a days work.

Losing a pet is hard; my condolences, CK.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: 416Ford
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
 Boy ....That's almost like a "Man (Bob) Bites Dog" story.... :shock:  :shock:  8)  :lol:

You'll do anything to grab some attention won't you Bob.   :)

My apologies Chimp....  :oops:   My intent was not to make light of loosing your pet ...I too know from past experience how hard it can be.... :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****