What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Today I removed the back end from the 58 Ford. These pics will show how solid it is. There is some body damage but the trunk floor and wheel wells are solid. The front of the quarter panels had rust and the floor plans in the car were poor. I'm surprised that with the car sitting in the dirt for decades, it isn't gone. I removed almost 5 gallons of dirt from all the areas of the trunk. The quarter panels were almost level full with the trunk floor.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Joe ...I hope that the magazine you sent for was something other than Rodders Digest ...As far as I know, that mag has been out of publication since about 2012 when John Diana's "Buckaroo Communications" hosed about half of the street rod world by selling extended subscriptions & then bankrupting the company ...LOTS of people got burned with that one ...If anyone knows that Rodders Digest is back in publication, PLEASE let me know ASAP....I have about $75.00 worth of subscriptions to discuss with them ....

On another note ...Did anyone try to advertise their magazine collections for sale before disposal  :?:     I am getting close to putting  the following up for sale ......What do you guys think   :?:

Rodders Digest ..Complete collection from Vol 1 / Issue #1 to the very end ...( Including all the Buckaroo Issues) ...

Hot Rod Mechanix..Complete from Vol 1 /Issue 1 to the end .....

Street Rod Builder ..Vol 1/ Issue 1 to the end ...

Street Rodder from Volume 1 / Issue 1 to the current issue ...

Rod & Custom...Complete from about 1962 to the end ..( Including all the issues when they went out of publication all 4 times) ...

Hot Rod Magazine ...Complete from about 1953 to current issue .....

What do you guys think  :roll:  :roll:  :?:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Today I removed the back end from the 58 Ford. These pics will show how solid it is. There is some body damage but the trunk floor and wheel wells are solid. The front of the quarter panels had rust and the floor plans in the car were poor. I'm surprised that with the car sitting in the dirt for decades, it isn't gone. I removed almost 5 gallons of dirt from all the areas of the trunk. The quarter panels were almost level full with the trunk floor.

Hey KB.....  Up here, we call sheet metal in that condition "Patch Panels".. :shock:  :lol:

GPster

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Joe ...I hope that the magazine you sent for was something other than Rodders Digest ..
You'er right! I walked over to the stack and I had only pulled one out of the stack to see "Rod...... . What I meant was               "Rodder's Journal". My memory has holes in it. GPster

chimp koose

Hey KB why not make one of those couch things with the back of that car ? Its in nice enough shape . Bob , I went to the trouble of getting hanging file folders and 4 drawer filing cabinets for my magazines at my wifes insistence . Great move as I now look them over much more often as they are easy to find and return . No more stacks to sift through and re pile . I may have found a trunk lid for the coupe 2hrs drive away . I am getting to the point where I would rather buy one in good shape rather than build one from scratch . I already have a trunk lid shell made with a little refining required yet , but I am not looking forward to making the inner bracing and hinges .

chimp koose

I also told my wife that when I die I want her to send my magazines to heaven . Burn them and they will go up there to find me ( I hope ) do not want her to have to worry about what to do with them .

kb426

Bob, good luck with magazine collections. I wasn't able too sell any of mine. There surely is someone that wants them but how do you find them and then get them delivered?
CK, there is no room in my world for a couch. :( I have thought about that in the past. About 10 years ago I started simplifying my world so as to not leave a large mess. Iv'e sold all the old race car parts and odd ball stuff. I have tools and the parts for the current project. I told my wife that all she needs to find is a good auctioneer. She said: "can you hire him before you go"?  LOL I believe that it might be sad what the hot rods and cycles will bring these days. One of my friends had a local auction last spring. It wasn't advertised well and the weather was poor. The stuff brought pennies on the dollar. A new GM 350 crate brought around $800. That was one of the highest priced items as compared to new cost.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Anyone that has a spare copy of July-August 1989 Hot Rod Mechanix, I am interested.  Can't seem to have too many of that issue.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: sirstudeAnyone that has a spare copy of July-August 1989 Hot Rod Mechanix, I am interested.  Can't seem to have too many of that issue.

Is that issue kind of like the September '96 issue of Rod & Custom is for me  :?:  8)  :lol:

sirstude

Probably.  It is the only masthead I will ever have.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Carnut

Well gee guys, I've been selling my lifetime collection of magazines online at my site http://carnut.com/store/mags/mags.html as well as on ebay.

Sales have slowed down abit mostly because I've sold all my older issues, but I still get a sale on occasion for newer ones.

idrivejunk

Carnut thats probably the best thing anyone can do is to help others fill in their own collections.:idea:  Kinda like if you have a stock set of newer car take-off wheels... you can't get squat for the set but if you advertise them individually thats a whole 'nother thing.

I think my Hot Rods go from 1978-2010. That pretty much reflects my run of enthusiasm. Only mags I really wish to keep are ones with junk I helped fix in 'em.

Think I just had my first senior moment. Got the senior discount at a drive-thru  :?  I'm only fifty, I says. She gives that to anyone, she says. Well... OK. Do I feel special now or not :?:  :lol:

Not quite up for picture posting and stuff just yet but that just means more for later  :wink:  :arrow:
Matt

papastoyss

Quote from: UGLY OLDS
Quote from: "sirstude"Anyone that has a spare copy of July-August 1989 Hot Rod Mechanix, I am interested.  Can't seem to have too many of that issue.

Is that issue kind of like the September '96 issue of Rod & Custom is for me  :?:  8)  :lol:

Bob, what is it w/that issue that's important for you? The Purple '37 Minotti 3w featured in that issue was mine. My one & only 5 minutes of fame!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: papastoyss
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "sirstude"Anyone that has a spare copy of July-August 1989 Hot Rod Mechanix, I am interested.  Can't seem to have too many of that issue.

Bob, what is it w/that issue that's important for you? The Purple '37 Minotti 3w featured in that issue was mine. My one & only 5 minutes of fame!!

The article called "Independence Day" is where we proved that a Mustang II front end could be installed in anything except
maybe a Greyhound Bus .... :shock:   That was all prototype work on the "Ugly Olds" ...... :lol:
 It still lives & drives to this day  :!:   In fact, I just finished replacing the front springs yesterday ...... :lol:
 It's my 4 minutes of fame ...... :oops:

Bob.. :wink:

idrivejunk

Found out today that the boss and one guy are Detroit Autorama bound with the 67 F100. They are nowhere near as "legit" as you guys but they have the want-to and a fresh shiny thing to take. 8) I don't recall "us" going to that show before.
Matt