What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

After 6 months of trying to sell the fiberglass tonneau cover off my Tacoma, I finally sold it today to someone from Indiana, 4 1/2 hours away. Got $100 for it, I was asking $99. We're both happy. He had a white Tacoma with a brownish pinstripe down the side, so the cover matched the pinstripe.  That's what I had when I had the black Ford Ranger with a red topper on it...it matched the FX4 on the rear sides of the bed.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

This is one of the things I regret doing: snow blower in the shop!  :cry:
If I'm lucky, it will be in the same place in the spring that it is now. LOL
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Yeah me too. I've got a 10hp Cub Cadet with a snow blade that I'll keep in the shop when I put on the blade and chains. I can't get it in the shed with the blade on.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Crosley"I've been tossing stuff in the trash this week again.  If it does not sell on eBay in 1 month, it goes into the trash
I use a group called Freecycle to get rid of stuff that isn't worth selling. I've never offered something that wasn't taken within a day.
I offered an old chainsaw that was barely good for parts and a woman got it for her husband, who had a stroke, to fiddle with.
They were poor and he used to fix small engines for a living. They were really grateful.

I see there's a group for your area. https://groups.freecycle.org/group/GilbertAZ/posts/all

Thanks for the tip George..

I set some items out at the street a couple weeks back.  We have 1 time a month pickup by the city  for large items, tree trimmings stuff.  

We have scrappers come by nearly each weekend looking for stuff.  I've even flagged them down and brought them into the yard to take stuff so I dont have to lift it.

I had an office chair & a clothes dryer out there.  With a sign on them: PHREE ... The chair disappeared the 2nd day.  1 day later the chair was returned.  LOL .  It had 1 bad wheel on it, couple small cuts in the seat cloth  covering.

The easier it is for me to get rid of stuff, I am alll over it.  I often take metal bits to work for the scrap dumpsters
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

All the lovers of the mustang parts on the 51 will be happy today. :) The drivers side door latch cable had wear. It allowed water to get into it. Now that it's freezing in the morning, when I get to coffee at 5:30 am, it unlatches and sticks. I drive home holding the door closed. I ordered a new cable about a week ago. I drove it this morning and it did the same thing. I just finished installing the new cable. The end fits nice so I'm not expecting a repeat of this. I don't know exactly how the water got on the cable because this is on the inside of the door. Water would have had to run down on the inside of the window to get there. I got caught in the rain sometime ago and I'm wondering if there was residual moisture from that. I'm sure I'll find out if there's something else the next 19 degree morning. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I stepped off the 59 Pontiac job today for awhile. A 68 Mustang came in, a fastback converted coupe with M2 front end and 'glas hood and lid. Metal is all aftermarket and everything was worked and painted with no mock up, so nothing fits. I am to get gaps and hand it over to the painter. Nothing like a good mess. Hey but it has some Cobra Le Mans finned tall valve covers that look pretty cool. Never saw em that say LeMans before and of course as a Pontiac nut, that caught my eye. 8)
Matt

chimp koose

nothing major but I repaired a cracked door hinge today . milled out the cracked area and filled it with weld , then machined the weld flush in the mill . I have hung the drivers door on the bottom and middle hinge and with a little bend of the lower , will be getting a pretty good door fit . Once the fit is good I will install the machined upper hinge and drill it out for the hinge pin .

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"All the lovers of the mustang parts on the 51 will be happy today. :) The drivers side door latch cable had wear. It allowed water to get into it. Now that it's freezing in the morning, when I get to coffee at 5:30 am, it unlatches and sticks. I drive home holding the door closed. I ordered a new cable about a week ago. I drove it this morning and it did the same thing. I just finished installing the new cable. The end fits nice so I'm not expecting a repeat of this. I don't know exactly how the water got on the cable because this is on the inside of the door. Water would have had to run down on the inside of the window to get there. I got caught in the rain sometime ago and I'm wondering if there was residual moisture from that. I'm sure I'll find out if there's something else the next 19 degree morning. :)

Mustang Parts ....The gift that keeps on giving ... :lol:

Oh...What's a "5:30 AM"  :?:  :?

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

They cut the end of my nose off this morning chasing some cancer. Pretty sure they got it all. I'm off to see a plastic surgeon this afternoon.
George

58 Yeoman

Good luck George. I've had so many surgeries on my head and neck that I've really lost count. Most of them, the surgeon stitches them up well. I've had one or two where the plastic surgeon was needed. They can really do good work. I've already had one on the side of my nose, and two on the tip. A couple weeks ago, I had another biopsy on the other side of my nose, and one on my upper lip. I hope that they are both benign...but we know how that goes.

I don't know about you, but I seldom sat outside in the sun. Mostly just being out there was bad enough, I guess. That and being light skinned, blue eyed and blond. Dammit!

Phil

idrivejunk

Quote from: "purplepickup"They cut the end of my nose off this morning chasing some cancer. Pretty sure they got it all. I'm off to see a plastic surgeon this afternoon.

I got a tip about coconut oil last week and anybody who hasn't tried it for skin care needs to in my opinion. Wrecked a skateboard about 30 years ago and had a bunch of stitches and road rash all over my face, and only in recent years have problems from it become evident. Plastic surgery on my nose after the initial heal. My point is: when, after such an operation, the surgeon advises that you massage the scar religiously... that is no joke!!!
Matt

kb426

What is coconut oil supposed to do? I thought it was only good to pop popcorn. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"They cut the end of my nose off this morning chasing some cancer. Pretty sure they got it all. I'm off to see a plastic surgeon this afternoon.

Did it spite your face? :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"What is coconut oil supposed to do? I thought it was only good to pop popcorn. :)

How about a wordy response with too much info?

It melts at 70 something degrees and is just the right greasyness to wet dry skin deeply enough and for long enough that it can heal without sticking to itself so bad. My experience is that the skin tends to collect around any blemish and if it dries up there things get exponentially worse as cysting occurs, and that skin does a great job of hiding this from you until one day you go whats this? and its the buildup from an old zit... showing up as a new wrinkle or bump way over there. Human skin is relatively new and unique in nature and all the bugs aren't worked out yet I reckon. But I am finding out that stuff can help a human be more comfortable. I never caught on until one day whiskers poked out of my lip and I realized study was needed. :)  If I had a kid, I would definitely advise them on the importance of scalp and gum massage in addition to scars. I found out the hard way, and mental stresses of recent years have taken a toll on my face as well. Glad to find out about the oil because it will speed up my quest to see what I am supposed to look like. Start at the nose if any of you try it, and check the wife's stuff to see if she already has some, I got the tip from Mom.
Matt

chimp koose

I have a car acquaintance who suffered bad burns to the face years ago . While he was healing he was constantly applying vitamin E to his face to keep it literally wet . You would never know he had been burned when it was healed .