1969 Camaro bodywork

Started by idrivejunk, May 01, 2016, 12:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I don't know if its a stock color or what but its British Racing Green. Anxious to see it in the sun. I'm betting it will be an unusual eye grabber with all the chrome on.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

I see metallic in that green.  British racing green I know was always dark  plain forest  green type colour .

The camaro sure came a long way , looks good like the 68.  Yellow is my fav colour for decades.

at age 16 , I painted my first hotrod small block chevy engine yellow.  My buddies thought I was nutz. Likely I am nutz still
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"I see metallic in that green.  British racing green I know was always dark  plain forest  green type colour .

The camaro sure came a long way , looks good like the 68.  Yellow is my fav colour for decades.

at age 16 , I painted my first hotrod small block chevy engine yellow.  My buddies thought I was nutz. Likely I am nutz still

Maybe its this "British Green" from '68-

http://www.69pace.com/paint1968britishgreen.htm

I like em all black (engines) myself. I know a couple guys with yellow supercharged engines though, it seems to be a thing so maybe it was you who started that. :wink:
Matt

idrivejunk

Well I looked at the paint can today. Woops!

Its B22 British Racing Green II metallic, on a BMW Mini Cooper. Painter says it has LOTS of pearl.
Matt

idrivejunk

Stripes done. Buff work is beginning-

Matt

Rrumbler

Dat's gonna come out real nice.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Rrumbler"Dat's gonna come out real nice.

Thanks!  8)

Here are a few more random pics, no extra charge for the layer of bondo dust and handprints, lol. The bedded glass installs were beginning today when I left so we are close to ready for the customer to bring subframe and axle so it can roll onto a trailer.

Freshly buffed-

As it sat today at quittin time-

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

good lookin car.  I like the OE Rallye Green on the 69 Camaro. That green looks a bit darker in the online photos.
Tony

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"good lookin car.  I like the OE Rallye Green on the 69 Camaro. That green looks a bit darker in the online photos.

Yep green just ain't a bad color on these. This green lights up quite a bit in the sun, so I can't quite imagine yet how it will look on the street. I do know it will be awhile before any front clip parts are painted.

Forgot to get pics with the bedded glass in, but thats done now. We used special "made for that" screws to attach the molding clips except where studs still existed, on the windshield posts. I'll try to show those.

It will be cool to someday see this car complete. No idea what engine, trans, or wheel plans are. Only met the customer once, back at the start of the project.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Yep green just ain't a bad color on these. This green lights up quite a bit in the sun, so I can't quite imagine yet how it will look on the street. I do know it will be awhile before any front clip parts are painted.

Forgot to get pics with the bedded glass in, but thats done now. We used special "made for that" screws to attach the molding clips except where studs still existed, on the windshield posts. I'll try to show those.

It will be cool to someday see this car complete. No idea what engine, trans, or wheel plans are. Only met the customer once, back at the start of the project.

We have not owned a first gen Camaro since 1988.  Owned 8 or 9 of the 1969 year, couple 68 & 67.

I showed my wife the early photos of the bad body work *& the re-work  on the 69 & 68.. she kept  saying holy sh** ... she knows what good and & bad work looks like.
Tony

idrivejunk

Tony, tell the wifey thats my default response to just about everything. :lol: The fact is... I suck at bowling for example. But if I did it all day every day, I wouldn't. What you see on my shop project threads are just the results of people doing what they have the most practice at then passing it along until done. It works!

Our subject is currently gathering dust but here are glass pics that show the fit and close-ups to show the screwed-in molding clips-

Matt

papastoyss

Instead of your  usual great pics I see a cat that says click for pics but also photo not found. What am I doing wrong?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

trackster

Same here.  Not a cat fan!
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

UGLY OLDS

And the cat looks like he is ANGRY  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :!:  :!:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

There is a problem with the service that is hosting the pics. It's nothing on our end.
TEAM SMART