2021: .. Tool reviews & suggestions

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 18, 2016, 10:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

When Sears closed in Canada, I am sure the stockholders and suppliers lost lots of money,  but the real losers were the employees, especially those close to retirement that lost all of their pension that they had paid into for years.  During this the executives that were in charge of the shut down continued to earn their six and seven digit incomes.
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

Crosley.In.AZ

I am still buying cordlesss tools.  Bought this brushless drill Milwaukee brand, 18volt.  A bit smaller  and lighter  than the Ryobi unit I bought in july 2018.  Same power, RPM , etc ... the throttle is very linear , smooth action.

I have been chatting with a couple buddys that use Milwaukee battery powered tools on a daily basis in auto repair shops.  These guys are very impressed with them.  One fellow said : If you dont use Snap On brand,  You use Milwaukee.  They like them since there is no hose to drag over fenders and other body parts of the car.  The 12 volt units have good power.  Smaller to get into tighter spots on the cars

I have some more Milwaukee tools on order.  3/8 impact , It is a  compact unit. 12 volts.  2 amp hour & 4 amp hour batterys..   For use on the work bench like I do , may be just the ticket for this olde man.

Home Depot had a deal on this Milwaukee drill kit... 99 dollars plus tax.  1 battery 2 amp hour...    If you look around a good price is found on genuine Milwaukee batterys..  my buddys said to avoid the aftermarket lithium batterys for the Milwaukee tools. They do not hold up to their use...  may be fine for home use.

The Milwaukee battery has a charge remaining  indicator on it..  The larger amp hour Ryobi batterys have a power indicator too.  The Ryobi batterys I have , do not have a power indicator
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

Our local Lowe's has replaced their Kobalt lines w/ all Craftsman tools inc. tool boxes
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

Quote from: "papastoyss"Our local Lowe's has replaced their Kobalt lines w/ all Craftsman tools inc. tool boxes

They are also carrying Kenmore appliances.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "papastoyss"Our local Lowe's has replaced their Kobalt lines w/ all Craftsman tools inc. tool boxes

Our local Lowes stores have the full  Craftsman  tool line up through out the store.  At first the prices on the  Craftsman  stuff was silly high at MSRP or something.. in the last 60 days the prices on the Craftsman products have dropped quite a bit.

The Lowes brand  Kobalt cordless 3/8 impact and 1/2 inch drill I use at work have taken all that I have thrown at them.  Neither of my air powered impact wrenches have been out of the drawer in 6 or 7 weeks.
Tony

kb426

Not really a review yet. I won't know until the ac is evacuated if this is as good as it needs to be. I bought this hydraulic crimper that does barrier and reduced barrier hoses. I just crimped 2 no. 6 ends. It's simple. I hope it's also good. :) The ebay seller had sold 110 units and there were no negative responses.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I got some pictures of the new welder. I was pleasantly surprised to find the wire drive is made of metal instead of plastic.  Overall it looks pretty good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
They are also carrying Kenmore appliances.

We just bought a "package deal"  from a local store chain "Spencer's Appliance" .. They been around for decades here.

Whirlpool brand.  Fridge, stove w-convection oven, microwave, dish washer. 2100 dollars with zero finance charge for 1 year.. The medium  dark stainless finishes

Our dish washer was getting rough.. the glass flat top  stove: only half the burners worked. Both were 18 yr olde.

Fridge is "freezer over fridge" design.  No ice - water stuff in the side by side dooors for us. Takes space from the freezer and we would never use the dispenser in the door.
Tony

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"

Our local Lowes stores have the full  Craftsman  tool line up through out the store.  At first the prices on the  Craftsman  stuff was silly high at MSRP or something.. in the last 60 days the prices on the Craftsman products have dropped quite a bit.

The Lowes brand  Kobalt cordless 3/8 impact and 1/2 inch drill I use at work have taken all that I have thrown at them.  Neither of my air powered impact wrenches have been out of the drawer in 6 or 7 weeks.

I noticed some Craftsman stuff in a local flyer. Ace hardware has some stores in S. Ontario.

kb426

A year ago in October, I purchased the Eastwood carbide metal cutting saw. In just a little bit, it removed the teeth  from the drive gears on the right angle head. Eastwood sent me a new one. It layed on the shelf until the 1st week of December. It promptly removed some of the teeth on the drive in it's first job. Out of warranty , out of luck. This week I receive a Menards flyer that has a saw that looks identical except for the head. I have one on the floor of the shop. All the Eastwood stuff will bolt in place. The Menards version I can order parts for, the Eastwood version was unavailable. When I swap parts, if the drive gears are interchangeable, I will order several sets. That should be enough to keep the saw running long enough to use up the 2 carbide blades I have. :) Also, The Menards version was on sale for $35. I paid $79 for the Eastwood one. The saw is useful so I want to try to keep it running.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought this Milwaukee ratchet. 12volt cordless.  Works well.  Feels sturdy.  Plenty of power.  Rated at 55 ft lbs of torque
Tony

348tripower

Quote from: "Crosley"Bought this Milwaukee ratchet. 12volt cordless.  Works well.  Feels sturdy.  Plenty of power.  Rated at 55 ft lbs of torque

I have the same ratchet and I love it!
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Home Depot has a deal on 2 pack of Milwaukee 3.0ah M12 batterys..  89.00 dollars.

I need these for my Milwaukee impact I have at work now.  I have a 4.0ah battery at work, will add one of these to that
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Impact and drill motor I use at work now.  Nice stuff.  Work well.  Impact is 12 volts, drill is 18 volt.  Impact has tons of power

Impact has an auto setting..  tightens down to low torque , then stops.. I can then use a torque wrench. Valve body on transmissions are tightened to inch pounds
Tony

50 F1

Tony I have had the Milwaukee M18 drill and 1/4" impact driver for a couple years. I use the heck out of them and they are great tools.

Mike