2021: .. Tool reviews & suggestions

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 18, 2016, 10:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a flashlite from Harbor Freight...  Slider type with tilting head flashlite end.  The flashlite end has 2 settings :  High , Low

The slider lite is plenty bright, rated 287 lumens...  Magnetic base and a hook on the end to hang the lite up.

Flashlite head is 41 lumens rated on high, 13 lumens on low.  Not bright enough.  Needs to be  80 to  100 lumens on high at least.

this lite is 9 inches long when collapsed.  This lite is charged via USB plug.... Lithium battery.

My other HF slider flashlite is dying... the slider lite quit last year. My attempted repair only lasted a few months.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought this Milwaukee Hackzall 18 volt unit.  From San Diego Tools For Less on eBay.  98 dollars delivered.. for new Tool only.  Bought a Milwaukee charger from them too.

I have some house repair in the roof eves where I have to cut off some wood, nails , fit in some new bits. A friend suggested this over the regular reciprocating saw. I hope it works well.  Not too heavy for me one handed.

Be careful on Milwaukee  batterys and the  chargers.  There are many knock off brand chargers for Milwaukee products
Tony

enjenjo

I had occasion to use a spark plug socket today, and my son didn't have one. I bought one at Oreillys, and I can recommend it. It is magnetic and works great on those plugs that are in a deep well.

[/url]
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Local Lowes store now has more Craftsman tool sets mingled in with their Kobalt brand.  The individual Kobalt sockets are gone. Sets only that I see at the store near me.  Ratchets , screw-drivers are still available individual

There may be a transition going on from Kobalt inhouse brand to Craftsman?
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I ordered this LED light from Harbor Freight in  december.  I forgot about it.  It was on backorder and sorta thought HF would cancel the order at some point.

2 Months later , it arrived.

3 modes.  bright, low , flashlite.  The end of the arm has an LED in it for a flashlite effect.  have noticed if you turn the light on bright... leave it there for 30 seconds or more... one clik and the light turns off.  If you clik quickly, You receive all 3 modes.

Base has a magnet in it.  Strong magnet. I read some reviews where the magnet had pulled out of the end.  A re-glue process was required.  The long flat arm folds 180 degrees total.  It does NOT fold up against the base of the light.

USB charge cord.  I am not a fan of that. I do not have many USB charge ports available in the work shop.  Guess I need to get a power strip with USB ports...  I have one at work.  I just installed a wall outlet with USB ports in it for my wife near her main sitting chair in the living room
Tony

58 Yeoman

My stepson bought three apartment buildings last year in a college town. I helped him refurbish some of them. He has Makita cordless tools which are much better than some of the tools that I've got. We were in the Home Depot yesterday, and they were having a large sale. I got this Makita kit for $299, a hundred off list price. I know these work well, as I used his last year.

Now, I can sell off the older Sears drill and Ryobi drills/circular saw that have weaker batteries.

Oh yeah, plus the 10% veteran discount.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Here you go Tony   https://www.amazon.com/HopePow-Charger-Charging-Adapter-Compatible/dp/B076SD24XL/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2HM0W3P0Y1F0P&keywords=110+volt+to+usb+adapter&qid=1551241495&s=electronics&sprefix=110+volt+to+usb%2Celectronics%2C152&sr=1-6

thanks for rattling my brain Frank... I went to the drawer where the misc electronic stuff gathers.  My wife was using some USB adapter gadgets in the living room and had her outlet full.  that is why I swapped to an outlet with USB plugs also.   Now she can keep her stuff plugged in and the lamp next to her chair too
Tony

39deluxe

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"These little devils come up from time to time with a "free" coupon from Harbor Fright ...
Handy little things for under dash work etc .. Hook & magnet to hold in place ...VERY bright & priced right .... :lol:

Bob... :wink:
Got a few of those myself. Very handy and can't beat the price.
Tom

Crosley.In.AZ

I re-read some of this thread.  

I have gone from a stubborn olde guy with air tools to the  use of the battery powered tools on a daily basis .    I sure spent some cash on the stuff messin , testing , etc.
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"I re-read some of this thread.  

I have gone from a stubborn olde guy with air tools to the  use of the battery powered tools on a daily basis .    I sure spent some cash on the stuff messin , testing , etc.

Does this mean that you are now a "Regular" old guy  :?:  :roll:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Nope.  Does not.
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"

Nope.  Does not.

"Irregular" Old Guy  :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

"Irregular" Old Guy  :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:

Nope.  Still stubborn. Although:  daily I take a pro-biotic pill.  keeps me more regular when discussing end results
Tony

kb426

TEAM SMART