What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

We picked up this speaker for use in the coupe, "Bose® - SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth Speaker II ", liked the sound from it and the shape.  It can sit on what is left of the package shelf behind the seat.

Currently not loud enough, but the coupe is still missing weather striping around the doors and insulation and interior so it quite noisy.

The speaker is getting lots of non car related use though.

Suggest listening to both at the store before purchasing.

Canuck
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

Arnold

Quote from: "416Ford"Finished wet sanding Vickie's parts car.
I found the antifreeze leak also, now I get to pull the engine back out and replace a freeze plug in the back of the block, That has to be it, only thing it could be draining water out of the bell housing and no leaks on top end,

I've had good success using the bolt in expanding ones..funny..the other day I came across them while cleaning out some old parts units.
 I used to change engines and when I discovered these it was like Manna :lol: I also got to make some good quick money now and again by changing core plugs without pulling the engine. Some of course you can't get but I was always surprised..if somehow you could  get the old one out you could stuff one of these in there..

58 Yeoman

We're solidly back online after being off for 5 days. Out service went out at 9:30 Friday for maintenance, service, portal problems, profile problems, area outages or modem, depending on who my wife was talking to on the phone. What really happened is that they switched us over to fiberoptics, and weren't ready.

Our 'net problems have always been in their wiring outside the house (except for when we first moved in 8 years ago, they had our wiring screwed up). They told my wife that a tech would be out Tuesday am to get us fixed up. She wanted to leave to go celebrate our 8th anniversary, but I asked "what if this time it's the modem?"

We waited, and the tech came just before noon. He checked all the wiring at the main box 500' away, then went uptown 2 1/2 miles away and checked the wiring there. Came back to the main box and put us on a different loop, then came and checked our modem. Changed the modem, and here I am. Finally...

Oh, and by the way, we are now at 10 mbps that we are paying for, instead of the 5 mbps that we were getting for 8 years. I guess that's the difference between copper and fiber optics.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

QuoteOh, and by the way, we are now at 10 mbps that we are paying for, instead of the 5 mbps that we were getting for 8 years.

How are they going to reimburse you for the, (lets see, 5mbps per day per year X 8 years =), 40 kagillion mbps that they owe you  :?:  :shock:

Is that part of your "Roll-Over" plan  :idea:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

Well, she did finangle 5 days credit out of a manager; we'll see on the next bill if he follows through.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Carnut

I am currently experiencing some trepidation.

I currently have a business class T-1 connection for my webservers which support my carnut.com domain and several others.

T-1 is kinda old tech and compared to some newer services is kinda slow and it costs a bit and I'm stuck on a year to year contract for.

I've checked into an AT&T U-verse business class connection which provides 8meg up and 45 meg down which is better than my T-1 thou possibly not as dependable as a T-1 and 5 static IP addys.

Anyhow had a tech come out today and we immediately had problems because he couldn't figure out how to wire things up without disconnecting my T-1 at the outside box.

I couldn't allow that because I don't want any downtime on my websites and I plan to run them in parallel until my T-1 contract is up in Dec., while I get up to speed so to speak on the U-verse connection.

Sure hope I don't go and get things screwed up.

I'm getting old and somewhat feeble and messing with this stuff is really beginning to bother me.

WZ JUNK

I am continuing to work the bugs out of the 54 Chevy.  I am happy with how things are going and I like the way it drives.  It has a slight whirring/growling noise that I can not isolate.  There is very little insulation and sound deadening in the car and that may be amplifing the noise I hear.  I have had a couple of friends ride with me but the noise is slight and hard to isolate.  We plan to drive it as much as we can the next month or so until the weather turns bad and then we will take it apart for the final paint and upholstry.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

John, is this going to be the "see the USA in your chevrolet" car?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"John, is this going to be the "see the USA in your chevrolet" car?

I had not thought of that slogan but it sure fits our plans.

I replaced another new part today.  I have had many of the new parts for the car that were failures or I was sold the wrong part.  Today is was the new turn signal switch that I installed on Sunday. The original switch physical broke.  The new one shorted from the brake switch feed to the turn signal output.  Both rear lights would flash when you engaged the turn signal.  At least they replaced it for free.  I did not know what their policy was on electrical parts.  Of course I spent many hours troubleshooting and replacing the switch for free.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Dinah Shore and Bonanza. Who could forget the impala on top of the rocky sphere? John, everyone that buys repo parts is about to find out the same thing you said. Bad parts, good company. We all find out. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I changed tires and tubes on the DR650 that is my daily rider during the warmer months. Ho hum. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I took a blacksmithing course at our local museum today . Good day learned lots .Must have swung the hammer a few thousand times today and no blisters .

Crosley.In.AZ

So far in october;  I have killed 19 scorpions in the yards. 7 killed just last nite (friday)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Tony, is this the worst month of the year for them?
TEAM SMART