What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Tony, is it possible to title the vehicle now and then transfer the id tag to the new firewall?
I spent the last couple of hours cleaning paint guns. They don't look like new but they are ready for the next go round.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, is it possible to title the vehicle now and then transfer the id tag to the new firewall?

The 1962 Morris is already titled in my name.   Arizona is very strict  on VIN tag location on any year car.  If it looks like it was moved , you are done. They get real PO'd

They have books that list VIN tag locations and the ALternate VIN stamping location.  My brother worked for the AZ MVD for several yrs as an investigator
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I see. That sure blew that all to pieces. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I seriously wonder if a 5 gal pail could be sliced up to fit the firewall thing. Hmm.

Yesterday I lost another uncle, thats three this year.   :(  

Today I did triage on one about his age:

Matt

chimp koose

5 Gal. pail could well be the answer . If it was sliced at an angle it might do the trick and transition into the trans tunnel nicely .might leave enough room to be able to remove the distributor without moving the engine . That's a big one when you can remove dizzy without having to move the motor . especially on a race  car.

idrivejunk

Dot Bob will be right over to assist!:lol:

Matt

kb426

I changed oil in the Dakota daily driver and rotated tires. I gave it a bath and gave the 51 a bath. It was a fabulous evening for the end of October. I'm in shirt sleeves and smiling. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I worked on the 32 today. Cleaned and lubed the drivers door latch. Removed the seat and sewed up an area that had come unsewn probably due to lack of exp. on my part. Moved stuff around and dug the snowblower out of storage. Hope I don't need it but it's ready.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: kb426
QuoteI worked on the 32 today.

DON'T take it apart  :!:  :!:   That car is fine just the way it is   :!:  8)

I almost have all the stuff put away from the house re-do this summer ...We will need to get most of it back out in the spring when good weather returns ....
That is one project that we both want behind us ..... :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Finished wet sanding Vickie's parts car.
I found the antifreeze leak also, now I get to pull the engine back out and replace a freeze plug in the back of the block, That has to be it, only thing it could be draining water out of the bell housing and no leaks on top end,
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Bob, it will wait until next summer. I have new drip rails for it. It's almost 9 years old and could stand a repaint. I've been dreaming about a new engine. BUT, it may not happen next year. I still may be driving it with a big smile on my face. I can go crazy at any time, though. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I drove the 54 Chevy more today.  I took it out on the interstate for some 70 mph blast in traffic.  It did great but with no interior there is a lot of noise.  I will take care of that later.  I still have an irritating growling noise that I have not located.  Tomorrow I will charge the air conditioning again.  My wife drove it some today and she is happy.  I am thinking I will use this as my sound system  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/jbl-charge-portable-bluetooth-speaker-black/5097501.p?skuId=5097501  We do not listen to music a lot but this can be paired to our iphones for music and phone conversation.  The reviews are good and it is a whole lot cheaper and easier than a radio/speaker system.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

416Ford

If you already have speakers and an amp you could just get a bluetooth receiver like we did in our car John. That way you can add as much power as you want or better speakers any time you want. Even if it is only one in the dash.   :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "416Ford"If you already have speakers and an amp you could just get a bluetooth receiver like we did in our car John. That way you can add as much power as you want or better speakers any time you want. Even if it is only one in the dash.   :)

I was hoping someone would give me their thoughts and help me with this as I am not a stereo or tech person.  I rely on my son to help me.

What you say is true.  However, I do not have a system in the car now, and we do not require much.  We do not listen a lot when we drive.  I thought this might be a cost effective (cheaper) option.  I plan to listen to one of these before I buy.  The internet reviews are very good.

I will post when I have bought something.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

416Ford

Another added Bluetooth benefit for either way you go will be the maps. If you use your phone for driving direction and your listening to music at the same time the music will pause and you can hear the direction over the radio speaker. That is my favorite part. Now I don't have to ask Vickie weather I am making a left or right turn two miles before the turn. :)

I did see a car at a show a few months back with a FM receiver module under the dash, that brought back memories.