What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I found some metal , in the needed shape (close) to my Morris panel uner the trunk lid.

I can buy this stuff in various sizes.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I wanted to drive the 54 Chevy to a local car show tomorrow.  It is the largest gathering in the area with about 500 to 600 cars.  Everything went well today until the temperature gauge suddenly started going way to high.  Up into the 225 to 250 range.   I do not think the engine was hot at all and it was just a bad gauge reading but I am to tired now to work on it any more and I will not take it to the show.  We will go to the show and look around a little, then go play with the grandkids the rest of the day.  I have worked a lot on the car to get it ready to drive this weekend but it really does not bother me much that it did not work out like I planned.  Playing with the grandkids is a lot of fun.  Sunday we go drag racing and next week I will fix the car.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I have spent most of the last week trying to diagnose a no start problem on a Focus. No crank I should say. No power to the starter with the key in the start position. I finally found which relay is the starter relay today, there are several possibilities depending on the model. It works, so now we go to the neutral switch.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, does the Focus have antitheft? If the key fob has a dead battery or something in that system, it could be what you're looking for.
John, I'm sorry you don't get to make it.
Tony, now that it's cooler you will make good progress. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

daily driver maintenance , wife's Honda Civic.  50k on the old car

engine oil - filter change

Brake fluid replace

Tires rotated.

brakes check for wear, CV boots, drive belt on engine

Small screw in tire. DId not puncture

trans fluid change
Tony

idrivejunk

I was just doing a little of that myself just now (99 GTP) and two slow flying jets went directly over my house. Couldn't have had more than a couple or few hundred feet of altitude. They were white and orange or yellow. Close enough to see the gaps around landing gear doors. Looked like F18s to me. Must be an event nearby, I think its craft fair weekend here. But that was a charge, seeing the jets that low.
Matt

Carnut

Took my 61 Chrysler early to a local cruise called 'Dragging Douglas' then later I took my 05 PT GT Conv down for awhile later.

Managed to get a couple of dash plaques.

sirstude

Trying to get the last garbage run from my father-in-law's house done today.  

We listed the house on Monday, (10k over appraisal, 200k range).  It hit Multi list on Tuesday, and they showed it twice on Tuesday.  On wednesday morning we had an offer for the full amout, subject to an inspection.  The buyer did not say it had to pass the inspection, just wanted one.  Think they missed one check box.  

Should not be any issues, in the last 3 years, new roof, new furnace, new hot water heater, all new paint and flooring, new lawn sprinklers.  

Sure will be different living next to some one that we are not related to after 40 years.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

We just returned from Wichita to see Sara Evans last night. Time to change clothes and go sand up a storm.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Stopped at Costco to pick up a can of coffee and some pretzel dogs. Walked out with a new 50" TV among other things to the tune of $645. No work in the shop or the yard today.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

QuoteSure will be different living next to some one that we are not related to after 40 years.
[/quote]

WOW... Isn't that like selling a car to family   :?:  Hope they don't come running to you every time a door squeeks or somethin'..... :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Helped Hooley run the "Okie Twister" Henry J today at the AHRA Hot Rod Reunion.  Hooley won the gasser class again.  His reaction time on the final round was .009.  Not bad for an old one eyed Okie.  It was a great day.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have spent most of the last week trying to diagnose a no start problem on a Focus. No crank I should say. No power to the starter with the key in the start position. I finally found which relay is the starter relay today, there are several possibilities depending on the model. It works, so now we go to the neutral switch.

I had an 01 that was basically new..even though it had 240K on it then sudden piece of intake seat falls into motor :lol:
  Local garage used car dealer that I have found great..they put a used motor in it for me cheap :D Then they could not get it to crank..my 2 y/o expensive battery had an intermittent short..they changed that and offered to get my warranty money back. Nice. They could not get it to start..they got it cranking..but no start. They could not get it going so they decided to send it to the new car dealer on my dime. New car dealer was going to charge too much..garage started to argue with them..dealer said it needed a new key for sure now..ended up being towed BACK from the new car dealer :evil: to the garage.
   They ended up finding that something went wrong with the anti theft and this wrecked the coil..I dunno..they showed me the parts..explained it..sort of..I dunno. They felt REALLY BADLY and angry with the new car dealer)which closed later anyway about what I had to pay them for the key.

Been fine ever since.

Apparently if the anti theft goes off too much..
  Bad ignition switches and headlight switches/modules are not uncommon with these things.

Sorry I can't be of more help..I just paid someone to fix it..it really wasn't that bad when I considered that this thing was beyond me..

Just seems stupid :evil:   :roll:  that something like a Focus can or should have such electronics..
    For a Ford Focus all you really need is one of those old metal springy things that grounded out the plug to shut it down :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Some cypherin on engine height, room for carb - air filter on the 1962 Morris Minor 1000,

A bit tight. Will need to adjust.

The body tag VIN plate is on the passenger side of the firewall. I dont want to cut the whole firewall out because of that.    Will re-think on this.

:idea:
Tony

chimp koose

I have used a wheel barrel in the past but that looks to be too wide for you to save the V.I.N. tag . Maybe try using an old wagon like an old radio flyer or something .