What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I have been chasing a belt noise.  I have replaced the belt tensioner,  an idler pulley, and replaced the belt.  I thought the alignment might be off some, so I checked it, and shimmed one set of brackets to correct a minor misalignment.  So far, no change.  The belt makes a noise that comes and goes.

The good news is that my new Autometer temperature gauge suddenly started working correctly.  It had been off 25 degrees and the company had already agreed to repair or replace it, then suddenly it fixed itself.  I guess if you leave things alone, they will fix there self .  Maybe the belt will take car of itself.

I now have 450 miles on the car and tomorrow afternoon I am going on a fall car cruise with some friends.  It will be its first formal road outing.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I went over to Josh's house, helped him reframe the back wall of his garage so he can install new windows, and he is replacing the siding.

When I got done with that, I came home and assembled the transmission that was shipped to me last wednesday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pete

Ground a cam.
Sleeved the center journal on 2 model A cams.
Worked on the Bonneville engine a bit.
Sipping some Fireball.

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

I quit! I've sanded and buffed this cover 3 times. It appears to be a poor quality casting full of pin holes and poor quality material that won't take a shine. This reminds me of polishing Honda parts from the 60's. Same story, very porous castings.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

HA   :!:  
 See ...You are being punished for not working on truck or hotrod parts  :twisted:

I'm sure that if you were working on a door ...(Or maybe a FENDER :idea: ) that you would not be having these issues .... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Gee, Bob, I didn't see the error of my ways! :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

But...it looks good.  Just remember that everyone else that has one, it's also porous...and probably not as good looking as yours.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Pete

Quote from: "kb426"Pete, where's the pics????

Of what?
Nothing noteworthy yet.

sirstude

Last load to the dump from my late father-in-laws house.  Goes the day after Thanksgiving.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "sirstude"Last load to the dump from my late father-in-laws house.  Goes the day after Thanksgiving.

So far, we have hauled two pickup loads of scrap iron from my dad's garage, one trailer load of trash to the dump, and last weekend we filled a 20 yard dumpster with trash. There were also three drums of grease that were considered hazardous material that the dumpster people took. We have not touched the wood working tools, or the hand tools yet.

enjenjo

I went up to 348tripower's house today.  Blew a hole in the EGR valve about 10 miles from his house. He was kind enough to let me use his truck to chase parts, and even installed the valve when I got back.  I made it back home there is still a problem I have to figure out.

348tripower

I wonder if one of the cats is plugged causing power loss and a lot of back pressure?
Don Colliau

Bruce Dorsi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

Quote from: "348tripower"I wonder if one of the cats is plugged causing power loss and a lot of back pressure?

I am leaning the same way Don. I'll drop the converter and check it today.